Don't Be A Gay COVIDiot!

rawTOP

11 hours ago, DarkroomTaker said:

Uk now at 21,000 people dead and that is only numbers from the hospital records.

i am no judge by any means, or the morale police, but C' mon, where is the common sense, people are still fucking and spreading this virus.

Bear in mind that it's possible that all, none, or only some of those cases are the result of intimate contact. I'm not defending people who violate instructions or guidelines to stay home, but it's the not staying separated, not what they do once they're together, that is the real problem.

Just got saved lol.

i've had this new service for about 6 months where i get my HIV meds delivered to my house, not mail, but courier.    i've considered changing it because i could easily pick it up from the pharmacy like i did before the new service, but the guy who delivers it is a cute guy on several levels for me (personality is a big deal for me if it's not just a hook up).  Anyway, i've wanted to present my ass to this guy from the first time He delivered, but alas, i think He is only delivering meds. He's really friendly and always hangs out and talks, and this time i was determined to see if He might be into guys... but i think He's just friendly. He mentioned His wife several times, which of course doesn't mean He isn't into guys, but it did hit my pause button and save me from possibly stripping in front of Him today. Maybe next month the ban will be lifted.

fuck, i really wanna guy.

• Upvote 3

On 4/8/2020 at 2:58 PM, rawTOP said:

I thought about holding off on this story to see how it ends, but I think it's more important that it be told now…

This is something I saw on Twitter yesterday. I'm dumbfounded…

March 27th…

2020-03-27.jpg

So the guy is under "lockdown" (a stay-at-home order), and he's still hooking up – and proud enough of it to post it on Twitter.

March 31st…

4 days after the first hookup, he posts a video of another hookup.…

2020-03-31.jpg

April 3rd…

3 days after the 2nd hookup he posts pics and videos from yet another hookup…

2020-04-03.jpg

April 7th…

And then surprise, surprise…

2020-04-07.jpg

That's right… 3 hookups later he's in the hospital with COVID-19. He's stupid enough to think he's in the ICU when he's not – he's probably just in a ward with all COVID patients. If he were in ICU he'd have breathing support (either be intubated or be attached to a BiPAP machine).

Oh, and the kicker is he's calling the nurse a bitch and mocking the fact that she says she's tired!

I just want to strangle the guy.

If he reads this… "You're a fucking asshole. If karma doesn't catch up to you this time around, it will at some point. And guess what, I won't give a shit when it does."

People, seriously, be responsible! Hospitals are over capacity. People are dying. There's no cure. There isn't even a decent treatment. Even in the middle of the AIDS crisis hospitals could manage their core caseloads. This is a whole other order of magnitude above that pandemic.

It's gonna be a long time (probably years) before we're back to where we were before with big sex parties and crowded bathhouses. Even when the stay-at-home orders are lifted people will still need to be vigilant to avoid another peak of the pandemic. You'll need to focus on risk reduction – fewer partners, 1-on-1s, maybe sex in parks, maybe gloryholes. But being legs up in a bathhouse taking all loads isn't going to happen again until there's at least a decent treatment. If for no other reason, that sensible gay guys are gonna stay away. Here's a poll I did on Twitter a few days ago… Only a bit over 1/3rd of guys will risk a crowd when the stay-at-home orders are lifted (and that's now when they're horny and jacking off to Twitter, before the pandemic hits their city/town)…

We can hope the clinical trials they're doing now turn up something, but who knows. 

Don't be like that guy above. Don't be a COVIDiot!

Long times lurker here...

Towards the mid to late eighties hospitals in urban areas were definitely filling up with HIV/AIDS patients.

it's worth remembering the 80%of people infected with COVID-19 show mild symptoms or are asymptomatic, and it's the remaining percentage of people with underlying illnesses and complications who make up the rest of the percentage and are the ones we see dying, but i say this not to minimise or undermine the current suffering we see happening everyday. Whilst i appreciate that COVID-19 and HIV differ greatly in their infectiousness, there is no vaccine or cure forty years on from the outbreak of the HIV epidemic and with HIV you will die a slow and agonising death if you don't take medication. HIV is far deadlier but we have found ways to make it manageable what with advanced antiretrovirals. The international response to COVID-19 has been generally robust, in comparison to the HIV/AIDS crisis whereby it wasn't until politicians became aware that the virus was indiscriminate and infecting straights that they sat up and took action.

in any case, we are living in precarious times and it's incumbent on everyone to take precautions.

• Upvote 2

Guest Reeo
On 4/8/2020 at 3:34 PM, sthrnguy said:

The bf and I fortunately saw this coming a few weeks before it did and stopped any outside activities, even with regulars.  Not that we exactly got around (I prefer our fucking to anything with another guy...  it’s hard to find guys that hardcore), but after the last week of February, we started limiting contact, etc.... Call it overkill ( yeah, we are the guys who bleach the groceries...) but I would rather not deal with this.  If that means no outside dick, then I can deal with that.

I haven't had cock in 2months now and I'm willing to wait. 

The worst part of this whole saga (unlike HIV) is that anyone you come in contact with has now been exposed to your selfish activities.

Very different from two consenting adults risking STD's / HIV.
These people are more likely to go "visit" family members or "do whatever they want" without regard.

I don't care what you do with your body - but don't put other people at risk (especially fellow high-risk gays) because you can't simmer the fire in your pussy for a little while. The inability for people to think or act beyond themselves is beyond comprehension. Still - guys on the apps are all open doors and shit. What fucking disappointments.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

We are in a very strange situation in Hungary. The lockdown in country is over and in Budapest (where I live) it will be the same soon. There are less than 500 people are died and the number of proved infections is less than 2000. 
So, it seems that the strict regulations were successful but nobody knows how the virus will increase after the restart. 
However, as I recognised the gay community didn’t stop in the last weeks, I was getting continuously messages from others wanting sex. 
I suppose that after the restart I won’t be able to avoid sex. 
I am curious about your plans. Will you wait until the vaccine or can you imagine to return to gay life before it?

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, bareback-flipflop said:

We are in a very strange situation in Hungary. The lockdown in country is over and in Budapest (where I live) it will be the same soon. There are less than 500 people are died and the number of proved infections is less than 2000. 
So, it seems that the strict regulations were successful but nobody knows how the virus will increase after the restart. 
However, as I recognised the gay community didn’t stop in the last weeks, I was getting continuously messages from others wanting sex. 
I suppose that after the restart I won’t be able to avoid sex. 
I am curious about your plans. Will you wait until the vaccine or can you imagine to return to gay life before it?

We are indeed at an interesting crossroads in this crisis, and it seems to me that gay men (in line with much of the rest of society) are starting to fall into two camps.  One camp seems to think that the strictest lockdown possible should remain in place until either the virus is completely suppressed or a vaccine comes along.  The other camp seems to think it’s time to start getting back to our old lives regardless.  Followers of this thread are most likely to be more cautious and fall into the first camp.  Less cautious members of BZ are probably not following this thread, and are more active elsewhere on the site.

Personally, I think it’s too late to suppress the virus, at least in Western Europe and the USA.  Even countries that have done well on that front so far are in all likelihood going to have to deal with future waves and further control measures, unless they want to isolate themselves completely from the rest of the world.  And I’m not confident that a meaningful vaccine is going to become available any time soon.  Which means we are all going to have to live with this disease and accept its presence in our communities, and just try to keep it to manageable levels.

Does this mean I won’t risk having sex ever again?  Of course not.  It’s all about individuals finding a level of risk that is acceptable to them.  And before anyone jumps down my throat about this being different because the risk can be passed on to others, the same can be said every time you get behind the wheel of a car and drive it along the highway. Just because this is a new risk does not mean that we don’t already make similar judgments in our everyday lives.

I’m not necessarily saying that now is the right time, but at some point we are all going to have to come out from under the duvet and face life again, with all its inherent risks.  I shall probably be ready to do this sooner rather than later: one thing my partner’s recent death from cancer taught me is that it’s later than you think and life is for living.

Edited by Spunkinmyarse
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Spunkinmyarse said:

We are indeed at an interesting crossroads in this crisis, and it seems to me that gay men (in line with much of the rest of society) are starting to fall into two camps.  One camp seems to think that the strictest lockdown possible should remain in place until either the virus is completely suppressed or a vaccine comes along.  The other camp seems to think it’s time to start getting back to our old lives regardless.  Followers of this thread are most likely to be more cautious and fall into the first camp.  Less cautious members of BZ are probably not following this thread, and are more active elsewhere on the site.

Personally, I think it’s too late to suppress the virus, at least in Western Europe and the USA.  Even countries that have done well on that front so far are in all likelihood going to have to deal with future waves and further control measures, unless they want to isolate themselves completely from the rest of the world.  And I’m not confident that a meaningful vaccine is going to become available any time soon.  Which means we are all going to have to live with this disease and accept its presence in our communities, and just try to keep it to manageable levels.

Does this mean I won’t risk having sex ever again?  Of course not.  It’s all about individuals finding a level of risk that is acceptable to them.  And before anyone jumps down my throat about this being different because the risk can be passed on to others, the same can be said every time you get behind the wheel of a car and drive it along the highway. Just because this is a new risk does not mean that we don’t already make similar judgments in our everyday lives.

I’m not necessarily saying that now is the right time, but at some point we are all going to have to come out from under the duvet and face life again, with all its inherent risks.  I shall probably be ready to do this sooner rather than later: one thing my partner’s recent death from cancer taught me is that it’s later than you think and life is for living.

Excellently said, bud.  Thank you for writing it!

4 hours ago, Spunkinmyarse said:

i think you have some great observations here.

Without a vaccine, you are right, soon or later those countries that did suppress and restrict the spread of Covid will still have to deal with it.  It's possible that countries like China, the US, UK and Italy and others who didn't initially supress with sweeping isolation and distancing, or started the process late, may fare better in the long run. Particularly if contracting Covid turns out to confer immunity (we don't know yet).  Touting herd immunity seems premature at best right now.

Suppression is about limiting the number of active infections we have, not preventing them altogether.  I.e., sooner or later, most will be exposed and have to deal with it's effects, suppression is about keeping everyone from being exposed at once. 

There's a bunch of people i work with in hospital who care for Covid patients who think we may have already had Covid. To determine that requires an antibody test. The CDC antibody test is starting to hit the streets and that will hopefully prove reliable and add more pieces to the puzzle. The test will help determine who has had Covid, but it doesn't tell us whether or not having the antibodies confers immunity as it does with some viruses. If it does, those countries that have had mass exposure will possibly develop herd immunity first. On the other hand, if a vaccine is developed, those same people will have suffered sickness while the vaccinated will not, and both having antibodies will become part of the immune 'herd.' 

You are so right though, at some point we are all going to have to resurface... though gays may do that by resuming activity under he duvet. 

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Spunkinmyarse said:

5 hours ago, tallslenderguy said:

You are so right though, at some point we are all going to have to resurface... though gays may do that by resuming activity under he duvet. 

When you think about it yes of course we are going to have to resurface from this at some point vaccine or no vaccine. We all generally need human contact to maintain good mental health and when you think of the number of people without a partner (both gay and straight), how in the long term are new relationships to be formed (however brief as I'll even include the need for some (myself included) to have a quickie seen as a form of relationship) without that contact.

There is already talk of std infection coming down, and so it must follow that the birth rate will be dropping too. I'm certainly not saying that covid is going to wipe out the human race, but it must be slowing it down for now in more ways than one. The question is - How long are we prepared to avoid contact if a vaccine doesn't come along? I myself as a single person who also lives alone haven't had any opportunity for sexual contact since this all began as I have been following the UK (and other) governments advise on social distancing and the last time I had any sexual contact was at the end of January. I'm as frustrated as hell and don't know how much longer I can last especially with talk of this lasting until the end of the year, but I will continue to follow advise for now.

I guess it may even come down to deciding what you yourself will decide is an acceptable level of risk, which surely most of us can relate to on this site and it's not only yourself and sexual partner you have to consider with covid, it's also anyone you may meet up with afterwards, family, friends, colleagues etc as unlike with many std's, generally it's only yourself and your sexual partners that have to consider any consequences in the main.

Unexpected news from the RIVM, the organization of virus experts which advises the Dutch government (which follows all their advice) said that singles can have ONE sex buddy. They admit that singles are in need of physical contact too. It is allowed under certain conditions, such as agreeing not to see other people and thus be exclusive and stick to the general restriction rules that currently are in place etc. WELL! Good! I have one!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

3 hours ago, NLbear said:

Unexpected news from the RIVM, the organization of virus experts which advises the Dutch government (which follows all their advice) said that singles can have ONE sex buddy. They admit that singles are in need of physical contact too. It is allowed under certain conditions, such as agreeing not to see other people and thus be exclusive and stick to the general restriction rules that currently are in place etc. WELL! Good! I have one!

Let's see if other countries follow suit. I think the above is great if you live apart from your partner or have a regular FB but in practice, well for truly single folks this would be an interesting one to adhere to as we all know that guys will say and promise you're the one but in practice.......

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I’m still wondering if I loosen the isolation. As I see more and more people (not only the gays) step forward, organise sessions. Our government allowed funerals and wedding parties under 200(!) participants, the restaurants and coffee houses are reopened, etc. Except in my hometown, Budapest.  Of course wearing masks in streets and in these events or facilities are obligatory, as well as the keeping distance. 

Last days I got more messages from guys who had isolated  themselves since months and they wanted dating again. 

I live alone, can order via internet, and work in home office, what won’t change because I work as a university professor. So, if I return to my normal bitch life, it can be dangerous to me and the Sex partners, who are obviously conscious of  the potential infection. Which assumption is very LoL taking into count the carefulness of many gays in bareback sex.

The only question is whether I’m responsible for the careless behavior of these guys if anyone else they didn’t have sex with is infected with COVID-19.