The Future of quarterly testing.

Can already see the writing on the wall.   When testing for PreP.  HIV, RPR, GC/Chlamidia, Hepatitis and COVID-19.  I’m not particular optimistic about he utility of a vaccine.   I’m pretty sure it will require a booster at least annnually.  If we’re lucky it will be similar to Pneuomvac.

• Moderators

I doubt Covid would be included in quarterly testing. Unlike everything else on your list, it doesn't remain active in your system for months (or more). You get sick, you recover or die in a matter of weeks. Either way, you are no longer a carrier - at least until next time you get it.

Guest Descartes70817

As of right now I'm more concerned about being in a very high risk group. My viral load is undetectable but my CD4 cell count is barely above 200, and I've already had a serious bout of double pneumonia ravage my lungs, so I can realistically expect to be hit badly when I finally get infected. In spite of that pretty soon I'm going to be so horny I'm going to fuck someone anyway and take my chances.

I’m Inuslin Dependent Diabetic.  Reasonably useful under control and I could stand to l;oose a few pounds.   I had a “self medication” moment last week and played.   Enjoyed it while it happened, but then had a long stretch of paranoia.   I”m not sure anyone has calculated the risk of exposure to anon scene with one at at time visitiers.   Definitely not the smartest thing I’ve done.

There is so much we don’t know about this virus.  We don’t know about the antibodies, imunitiry, etc.

But after starting my medical career at the beginning  of the AIDS epidemic I’m not as optimistic that we as a community will be smart in how we deal with it.