PreP and Covid

hardix

Just a thought and I'm sure there's someone out there that will put me right. PreP and HIV medicines are anti viral drugs, Covid-19 is a virus is there any protection from Covid if taking these medications? or are they virus specific? just a thought....

• Like 1

Ok this is absolutely true story. I went out to dinner with a friend in late February. She called me the night before and she said she had been very sick in bed with fever and bad cough all week. She was going to go the dr the following day If she didn’t feel better. She called me the next morning and said she felt she had slept it off and was feeling better and didn’t think she was contagious any longer. So we went out to dinner. She came into my house and we visited for about an hour and I could tell she was not feeling better plus she had a horrible cough

We went out to dinner and spent about an hour and a half sitting across from each other. As we walked back to the car she coughed and I have never heard such a bad cough before. It sounded like ground glass rattling in her chest 

I drove back to my house and she left from there. I was worried about her so I told her I would check in on her the next morning

The next morning I called her and she said she was worse and coughing up fresh blood 

I told her to go to the ER but she didn’t go.

She was sick for at least another week and a half 

I really think she had corona virus since it had already started to spread in California at that time. She also said she thinks she got it from a friend of hers who got if from her son who had been traveling with a Chinese band in late January 

I was sure I was going to catch what she had but nothing. That was 2 months ago and I didn’t get as much as a sniffle. Then the thought occurred to me was it the Prep I’m taking ??!  Now I’m reading that remdesivir is reformulated from tenofovir which is Prep 

interesting

my doctor also said it might be the lenghth of time your on antiviral drugs that effect not getting it she said like hiv drugs have to build up to be effective  but who knows  all i know is im feeling fine  no issues

On 4/22/2020 at 1:13 PM, Passalaque said:

I was sure I was going to catch what she had but nothing. That was 2 months ago and I didn’t get as much as a sniffle. Then the thought occurred to me was it the Prep I’m taking ??!  Now I’m reading that remdesivir is reformulated from tenofovir which is Prep 

interesting

It's possible. It's also possible that you were exposed and remained asymptomatic, as do the majority of people who contract SARS-CoV-2.