Coronavirus benefit: we are going to see the lowest STD rates in the history of mankind

On 8/12/2020 at 5:51 PM, BootmanLA said:

Not to mention that on this side of the Atlantic, at least, we've never actually had the extended lockdown period that would be needed to achieve a long-term shift in anything. Individual places have had more-or-less strict closures, and certainly *some* individuals are having less sex, but I suspect most of those are the ones who would have been being responsible in the first place, with regular testing and avoiding play while they were aware of being infectious for anything. Meanwhile plenty of people I know are willing to break "quarantine" (not that it's actually quarantine) in order to get laid. 

It depends upon where you live. In the Northeastern USA in cities or multi-state regions where there is a very high population there were super strict quarantines/lockdown, you were told to stay at home unless you were going to a supermarket, hospital, doctor, etc. most businesses were closed, and masks had to be worn indoors, outside, around other people, etc.

50 minutes ago, TotalTop said:

It depends upon where you live. In the Northeastern USA in cities or multi-state regions where there is a very high population there were super strict quarantines/lockdown, you were told to stay at home unless you were going to a supermarket, hospital, doctor, etc. most businesses were closed, and masks had to be worn indoors, outside, around other people, etc.

That was certainly the case for a period. But once things moved from "you're ordered to stay home unless it's an absolute necessity" to "you really should limit your outings to essential activity", the number of people circulating grew fast.

And I'm not sure population size has a lot to do with it. Three of the ten largest cities in the country are in Texas, which had very limited lockdowns and where the state is constantly trying (and often succeeding) in overriding local initiatives to contain the virus.

On 8/13/2020 at 4:33 AM, TheMoreTheMerrier said:

Meanwhile plenty of people I know are willing to break "quarantine" (not that it's actually quarantine) in order to get laid. 

Around here, that's certainly the case.  You'd think that many Floridians have never heard of covid.  But then, that pie-faced excuse of a Governor hasn't helped either.  The good news is, every gay guy I know has been triple vacced, and waiting for the next shot.  I know a number of guys that have come down with omicron, none with any serious illness.  Still, I've taken a hiatus from my favorite fuckjoint, so it's not back to normal for many of us.  Now that the snowbirds have come back to SoFl, the streets are full again.

• Downvote 1