Am I at more risk while taking radiation and chemo

Guest bbncguy

Guest bbncguy

I haven’t been fucked in a few months, I’m needing to feel that sweet breeding feeling but I am concerned that with my immune system being compromised by chemo and radiation that I am at a higher risk of being converted. I’m not chasing, no desire to be poz but I do miss taking anon Grindr loads.

If you were taking anonymous Grindr loads before starting chemo, you were already taking significant risks, but those are indeed raised when you are undergoing chemotherapy. It's impossible to quantify how much, as different chemotherapy drugs affect different people different ways, but you can assume your body's natural immune system is at least partially compromised.

As skylon suggested, talk to your doctor. PrEP may or may not be feasible while you're undergoing treatment (there may be interactions between the drugs). But you can't know until you ask. It's very possible he will advise against unprotected sex in general while you're in chemo, because other infections are also possible and they may be more difficult or impossible to treat while you're in chemotherapy.

But if you're in chemotherapy, you clearly have some desire to go on living. If that's the case, and your doctor says PrEP is not an option (or that other infections are too great a risk for unprotected sex) then you'll have to decide whether those loads are worth possibly risking whatever gains you've made from chemo.

Guest bbncguy

Thanks for the advice, I think I knew but just needed that reassurance.  I guess I’ll dream about the loads until I am back to normal. I really want to pursue prep but being married and trying to get it under the radar is a challenge...thanks again. I will remain seedless until I am better🥴