Report NEW sites problems here

18 hours ago, rawTOP said:

That could be related to the server change, but not the DDoS protection. Email is getting sent from a different server now, and your mail service may like the new server less than the old one. That said, if some are getting through, then you're probably getting everything. Maybe look in your junk mail folder?

That said, you're on Hotmail. There were issues in the past with the Microsoft mail services (@hotmail.com, @outlook.com, etc.) No mail was getting through at one point. I was just glad to see some is getting through. If you do find things in your junk mail folder make sure to mark them "not spam" – that will help you and other BZ users on Hotmail (and possibly on Outlook.com as well).

It's not that BZ mails are going to my junk mail folder because they aren't. Just saw another example where I got a notification for a reply to a thread I am following. It was actually a reply to a response someone posted just a little bit earlier. I did not get a notification for that earlier entry. So it looks like some are getting through and some are not, even for the same thread. It doesn't bother me too much but it is something I noticed and thought I'd report here so you are aware.

• Administrators
17 hours ago, drscorpio said:

I got a stackpath error when I was trying to edit a post.

2488344989f2d3c8cfda4682f4834231

They thought you were doing a SQL injection attack. Why, I don't know.

7 hours ago, drscorpio said:

Got another Stackpath error. I clicked on the link to go to "New to the Club" in the Backroom

ce5ff35a9ba42f123584e4c6d09f3a3e

They though you were an "automated client" (a spider/bot).

I've put in a ticket that mentioned both of the instances.

Have noticed that when the page loads, the notification (globe) button shows a red spot with the number of notifications outstanding. Once the page has loaded fully, the red spot vanishes so it looks like there are no notifications, however on clicking it I can see there are notifications - the exact number initially reported before it vanished. 

41 minutes ago, AirmaxAndy said:

Have noticed that when the page loads, the notification (globe) button shows a red spot with the number of notifications outstanding. Once the page has loaded fully, the red spot vanishes so it looks like there are no notifications, however on clicking it I can see there are notifications - the exact number initially reported before it vanished. 

Meant to say that this seems new behaviour since the changes that happened recently. 

Safari 13.1 on OSX Catalina 10.15.4 

• Administrators
2 hours ago, AirmaxAndy said:

I suspect I know what’s happening. I’ll talk to the tech guys about it tomorrow. 

Was working fine yesterday morning 5/16/20, but then later couldn't get into chat and every time since comes up with this no matter how many times I try : 

BZ Session not found. (.8puq4l4dd15ioalik6nf84193i / 63.134.189.5)

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Homo60 said:

Was working fine yesterday morning 5/16/20, but then later couldn't get into chat and every time since comes up with this no matter how many times I try : 

BZ Session not found. (.8puq4l4dd15ioalik6nf84193i / 63.134.189.5)

That’s a very old issue. It should have nothing to do with the recent changes. 

On 5/16/2020 at 9:48 AM, ronetbus said:

I have had the same problem since yesterday no matter which browser I use

There was an error…

BZ Session not found. (.0u0lclbnpt6ed2q67j3ck5otd9 / 71.161.123.45)

I wound up clearing the cookies on the browser and then I could get back to chat. Now I get other messages like unconfirmed email but chat worked again.

2 hours ago, BrazAlex said:

I wound up clearing the cookies on the browser and then I could get back to chat. Now I get other messages like unconfirmed email but chat worked again.

I have done that, but should have to do it every day? And even then chat still doesn't work right. Oh well 😞

7 minutes ago, ronetbus said:

I have done that, but should have to do it every day? And even then chat still doesn't work right. Oh well 😞

I apologize that this chat issue is not a "new" issue, but chat has been working fine for me for a while now, and all of a sudden it doesn't.

• Administrators

I've turned off the DDoS protection. I'll turn it back on if we ever get a DDoS attack, but I can't see using it when there isn't an active attack. It should be off for everyone within ~5 minutes.

I'm also waiting to hear from tech support to see if they have some convincing argument for keeping it on. Yeah, I could run it with fewer restrictions, but in that case, why bother running it at all? During an attack I don't mind a little inconvenience, but don't see the point when there's no actual problem.

• rawTOP locked this topic