Getting 302 errors when trying to access BZ

My laptop needed a restart yesterday and once it had finished restarting I opened the browser and got a 302 error trying to access BZ. Thinking it was a transient problem on the server end, I let it be and resolved to try again later. This morning I looked at BZ and have the same 302 error, but I got a notification of new content on BZ via email. Hmmm, someone can access the site. 

For security and privacy, I use a VPN almost all the time, so I decided to test with the VPN disabled. Et voilà! BZ came up normally. Then I tried re-enabling my VPN and I'm still able to access the site. Anyone else ever see this kind of error? 

• Administrators

Technically, 302 is not an error –it's a temporary redirect. That said, an infinite loop of 302s would be an error.

How much do you trust your VPN? Using the wrong VPN can expose you more than not using a VPN at all. If it's a free VPN, stop using it. If you pay for the VPN submit a ticket and tell them there's an error.

I would need to know where they were redirecting you to, to tell you more. But chances are it was something that would have broken the encryption on the site and made you lose all privacy.

On 5/12/2020 at 11:14 AM, rawTOP said:

Technically, 302 is not an error –it's a temporary redirect. That said, an infinite loop of 302s would be an error.

How much do you trust your VPN? Using the wrong VPN can expose you more than not using a VPN at all. If it's a free VPN, stop using it. If you pay for the VPN submit a ticket and tell them there's an error.

I would need to know where they were redirecting you to, to tell you more. But chances are it was something that would have broken the encryption on the site and made you lose all privacy.

I'm pretty confident in the bona fides of my VPN service provider. I've tried to find a repro scenario, but I haven't been able to make it recur. It has the feel of some kind of state bug or race condition. I'll keep a weather eye out.

Guest Dauthisoul

I have a similar issue.. since the server move I cannot access BZ while on WiFi and have to use the data from my phone

• Administrators
3 hours ago, Dauthisoul said:

I have a similar issue.. since the server move I cannot access BZ while on WiFi and have to use the data from my phone

Your IP address might be banned…

I've got some ideas in mind to make that situation better, but won't be able to work on them for a few weeks. Though I did already start working on something related, but it's not done yet.

Guest Dauthisoul
8 hours ago, rawTOP said:

Your IP address might be banned…

I've got some ideas in mind to make that situation better, but won't be able to work on them for a few weeks. Though I did already start working on something related, but it's not done yet.

If thats the case Im curious what i did heh. Ahh well I still access mobile!

I’m having the same issue. I can access the site on my mobile but I cannot on my PC. I’ve tried both Chrome and Microsoft Edge with no luck. It was working earlier this week. 

• Administrators
On 5/22/2020 at 11:29 AM, ballerva said:

I’m having the same issue. I can access the site on my mobile but I cannot on my PC. I’ve tried both Chrome and Microsoft Edge with no luck. It was working earlier this week. 

As I said above… if it's a 302 redirect, I need to know what URL is being redirected and what it's trying to redirect to. I can't diagnose "I'm having the same issue". The issue was never clearly defined.

It is NOT a 302 redirect. Here’s all I get on Chrome:“Breeding.zone took too long to respond. Err_Connection_timed_out”.   

On Edge, I simply get “can’t reach this page.”

• Administrators
1 hour ago, ballerva said:

It is NOT a 302 redirect. Here’s all I get on Chrome:“Breeding.zone took too long to respond. Err_Connection_timed_out”.   

On Edge, I simply get “can’t reach this page.”

Then it's not the same problem…

How are you access the site now? Why do you think it's something other than a banned IP address?

• Administrators
44 minutes ago, ballerva said:

I can access it on mobile. I was able to log on via my PC earlier this week

So your IP address is banned. 

I’m locking this topic since it’s attracting discussion that has nothing to do with the original problem. 

• rawTOP locked this topic