Do people ever actually read posted ads?

Oldercumslut

I've been at this a LONG time.  Back when ads were posting in things like the Valley Advocate and other papers as well as in swinger magazines.  I'm not sure if it's just Alzheimer's setting in, but I feel like people used to actually read the ads back then.  Now that they are posted online, no one seems to read them.  Asking for things that are spelled out clearly in the ad, or not even appearing to know what the ad was looking for.

Is it just me and my faulty memory?

It strikes me as a possible weird evolution of technology, maybe an outgrowth of texting as a means of connecting? i hate texting for anything more than a quick message, it's an awful method for communicating, yet it seems to have won the hearts of millions.  i mourn the number of guys who seem to think you can have a conversation with just one to three word sentences and wonder if socially we are progressively (regressively) becoming illiterate? Have they not developed past picture books and are only responding to pictures?

The guys who do not read ads or profiles are likely the same ones who do not write them.  It seems there is a growing number of guys who unconsciously believe that others just know what they have on their minds or what they want.  i think that many guys are afraid to reveal what they feel and think, or lack the skill set to do so.  I.e., there is a lack of self awareness and a lack of ability to express what is felt and thought.  Not having that themselves, they don't acknowledge it in others?  It's a foreign place to them?

When i read a profile or ad that says: "looking for fun," or something similar, it makes me crazy.  That says absolutely nothing, yet it seems so common?  Is it fear of saying what they really want? Is it that they think you'll just know?  And, good luck if you ask for clarification on what constitutes "fun."  

The guys doing this will probably never read these kinds of threads or comments though because they obviously do not read, so not sure how they will ever get a clue?

• Upvote 1

It has definitely gotten worse.   Some of the responses I’ve gotten can barely be called English.    I know I’ve pissed some of them off, and I may loose out on a good fuck, but I know I’ve gotten a bit curt in my responses. 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Bttm2go said:

My favorite are guys who ask for pictures (they are posted on my profiles) or what I’m into (again spelled out on my profiles). I just delete the message. 

Do you think there are people who do not understand what a profile or ad is?  The only thing i can figure is they are just responding to pictures... but then, if they ask for pictures when they already exist, it seems like they don't even know what a profile or ad is, that their request is the only information out there and it is first contact. maybe they're aliens......... oooeeeeoooo

When guys ask questions when the answer is already clearly in my profile I just say "read my profile" or I don't reply at all anymore. 

On the other hand there are also guys who have little to nothing in their profile. The say they want to hook up with someone close to their location, without bothering to say where that location is.

2 minutes ago, NLbear said:

The say they want to hook up with someone close to their location, without bothering to say where that location is.

Or my favorite, saying they want a younger (or rarely, older) guy, but no clue as to what their age is.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

I added a love/like/dislike/hate list to a few online profiles to help create conversation.    It’s brief since it’s space limited, but it’s obvious to people when (and I hope they do) read it.

I’ll even forgive the “Hi / Hi / what u up 2“ opening in conversation but, what really irritates me is the ‘any more photos’ question within the first few exchanges. There are several on my profile and if you were serious about hooking up you’d start with that topic, and if it was just chat then you don’t need more than what’s already available.

From my experience, people are just lazy nowadays.  Plus if you can barely string a 3 word sentence then you’re an imbecile and it’ll never happen.