Concerned for friend who took chems

This guy I know who never does chems, hooked up with a guy from Grindr and smoked way too much crack cocaine for his first time (I abolsutely do NOT condone the use of illicit substances, btw).

It has been 9 hours since his last hit, he really regrets it and feels so awful (physically). He hates it. He said the high has still not gone. Will how he is feeling subside? Or is he now like this forever?

Edited by concerned1

He's not going to be like this forever but it may take several hours for him to come down.

If you're in a position to do so be a sitter for him. Stay with him, kleep him company, reassure him.

If you've got a genuine fear for your friend's health or life then seek professional medical advice.

Edited by Blacoe

On 5/25/2020 at 2:28 PM, Blacoe said:

He's not going to be like this forever but it may take several hours for him to come down.

If you're in a position to do so be a sitter for him. Stay with him, kleep him company, reassure him.

If you've got a genuine fear for your friend's health or life then seek professional medical advice.

Thanks for your reply, but I didn't mean crack. I meant Crystal Meth (or "Tina"). My friend just assumed it was crack that he was offered due to the fact it was smoked through a pipe (he assumed it was crack pipe). But the guy he smoked it with has since told him that it was Crystal Meth. My friend said after a couple days, he still feels slightly weird and has a fluttering heart rate/palpitations and feels a bit anxious/paranoid.

Is this normal ? I'm really worried, since he is my best friend.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, concerned1 said:

Thanks for your reply, but I didn't mean crack. I meant Crystal Meth (or "Tina"). My friend just assumed it was crack that he was offered due to the fact it was smoked through a pipe (he assumed it was crack pipe). But the guy he smoked it with has since told him that it was Crystal Meth. My friend said after a couple days, he still feels slightly weird and has a fluttering heart rate/palpitations and feels a bit anxious/paranoid.

Is this normal ? I'm really worried, since he is my best friend.

My first time doing it, the high lasted for a few days.  It was awful (and I don't miss it one bit).  Similar to the previous advice, stay with him, reassure him, keep him company; it will eventually go away.  But more importantly, after it has, make sure he doesn't fall back into wanting the high.  Crystal is an addictive drug, and a rabbit hole that he really shouldn't go down.  

• Like 5
  • Upvote 2

On 5/25/2020 at 9:26 AM, concerned1 said:

This guy I know who never does chems, hooked up with a guy from Grindr and smoked way too much crack cocaine for his first time (I abolsutely do NOT condone the use of illicit substances, btw).

It has been 9 hours since his last hit, he really regrets it and feels so awful (physically). He hates it. He said the high has still not gone. Will how he is feeling subside? Or is he now like this forever?

The feeling will subside. He is lucky he did not overdose. The thing with PNP and drugs is that the high may be wonderful but you pay for it on the comedown. Some drugs like weed may just leave you tired the next day, but drugs like alcohol, meth, MDMA etc has some bad comedown. Some people can deal with it others hate it. He should just take this as a learning lesson.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

@LetsPOZBreed and @find91 ; My friend says he was having palpitations and feelings of dread and paranoia even four full days after this first time on Tina (which as I say, he used really excessive). He self-admitted to hospital earlier today after he thought he was in the process of having a heart attack or stroke. Turns out, the docs having checked him over, said he was just suffering from very severe anxiety. The docs told him he's gonna be OK, and they said they don't even think he needs any anti-anxiety meds, he just needs to try to calm down and understand he's just put his body (and mind) through a hard time and after a few days he'll be back to normal.

Now it's really weird because he says since receiving that news, he almost feels fine. I think the docs reassurance has dealt with the severe anxiety. But he is still getting a few flutters of the heart/palpitations and says he has a kind of "hazey" feeling of not being quite with it and kind of slightly hazey vision.

Is my friend definitely gonna get over this 100%? He says he has definitely learned his lesson that Party 'N Play/chemsex sessions are NOT for him and he will never do anything like that ever again after this whole ordeal, if he returns to normal.

Btw is everything in this post which I've described my friend experiencing normal after an excessive Tina session?

Edited by concerned1
  • Like 1

Update: He feels almost 100% better, all the anxiety is pretty much gone along with the paranoia and the tremors. Most of this the docs said was anxiety related due to thinking about the whole situation. Now he just has very occassional heart flutters with an extremely heightened sense of smell. His pupils are also really tiny and it's like 6 full days on since the whole event when he took the stuff, but he hasn't touched anything since (and says he won't). Will they go back to normal? He's been checked over at A&E and they say everything looks good (heart, organs, blood pressure etc).

Edited by concerned1
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/30/2020 at 10:57 AM, concerned1 said:

Update: He feels almost 100% better, all the anxiety is pretty much gone along with the paranoia and the tremors. Most of this the docs said was anxiety related due to thinking about the whole situation. Now he just has very occassional heart flutters with an extremely heightened sense of smell. His pupils are also really tiny and it's like 6 full days on since the whole event when he took the stuff, but he hasn't touched anything since (and says he won't). Will they go back to normal? He's been checked over at A&E and they say everything looks good (heart, organs, blood pressure etc).

Hi @concerned1  Sorry I haven't been on to check this, so hopefully your friend is in a much better place after another two weeks.

It all does eventually go back to normal.  The trick is to just stay way away from all that stuff going forward.  I'd trust the folks over at the A&E who have seen this more times than they'd probably want to.  If they say everything looks good, then he's on the right track.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, LetsPOZBreed said:

Hi @concerned1  Sorry I haven't been on to check this, so hopefully your friend is in a much better place after another two weeks.

It all does eventually go back to normal.  The trick is to just stay way away from all that stuff going forward.  I'd trust the folks over at the A&E who have seen this more times than they'd probably want to.  If they say everything looks good, then he's on the right track.

No worries, thanks for getting back to me.

He's absolutely fine now!

And he will never, ever touch that kind of stuff ever again. It's been a huge lesson from which he's learned. He'll never respond to guys on Grindr who have H 'n H on their profiles ever again.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
Guest CuriousDallas

The strength of Tina and how it affects people vary greatly, and yes, I’ve heard it’s very addictive. The first time I did it the high was very intense and it lasted quite a while but for me it was very pleasurable and fun (I did it at a group sex thing). Needless to say I got very lucky. The second time I wasn’t so lucky. The high was good but not as good as the first time and coming down I was very nervous, agitated, and just had these very weird sensations, and heart racing like your friend. It was a hookup with two guys and it was OK while it was going on, but after we finished playing it seemed like it wouldn’t end and I could sleep even though I was exhausted. I just was not in a good space. That really put me off it. I’ve been offered it frequently with guys I hook up put I pretty much only do pot, coke, or something else over Tina. That said I’ve occasionally done Tina in group stuff but it’s situational and unless it’s the really good stuff like my first time I just wanna pass.

Just to throw in my 2 cents worth.  I did crystal one time (snorted lines) one afternoon and it was my 2nd time doing chems (first time was what is turned as kat) and looking back, the difference is as clear as night and day.  Whilst on Crystal it was a much intense high but my gosh, the down was absolutely horrendous!  Like @CuriousDallas says, was tired but couldn't sleep at all.  I had the session on an afternoon, so that entire night following I didn't sleep a wink.  Come morning, I started to feel numbness on my finger tips and face but subsided after I forced myself to have some toast a short nap....the rest of the day I was ok, but still felt weird and spaced out.  Eventually the numbness returned with a huge vengeance and I had to call my friend to come over to attend to me.  She called the ambulance and I was admitted into A&E and kept overnight for observation.  Diagnosis was that I had severely low blood sugar and probably as some of you said, coupled with anxiety, brought me low and down.   I was discharged the following day but spent the next 48 hours or so wallowing in the most blackest of depression.  Hence, I never ever will do crystal again.  Also on hindsight, I didn't have a "teacher" to guide me through the chem experience.  A few years later, I met this guy who I formed a good sexual relationship with and he was a great teacher and very knowledgeable and guided me.  I never had a bad chem experience since.

Just to end, I'm glad your friend is fine!

• Upvote 1