When you got pozzed…

When you got pozzed, that time in your life was otherwise…  

155 members have voted

1. 1. When you got pozzed, that time in your life was otherwise…

• Pretty good overall
    • Mixed — neither good nor bad
    • Pretty bad overall

• Administrators

Just wondering, those of you who are poz… the period in your life when you got pozzed… if you take out the actual infection, was the period an otherwise good period or was it a bad/dark period for you? In other words was it a generally happy, productive time, or a sad, depressed, and/or self-destructive time?

I was in a bad place before I got pozzed, didn't knew what I wanted and always scared. That changed when I got the bug. I got more self-assured , tried more in life and sex and started to love myself again. I live life the fulles now.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

I’ve said pretty good overall because I’m sure that’s the truth.  I’ve had ups and downs throughout my life but on average I’d have to say I’m lucky enough that the ups outweigh the downs.  
Yes I got pozzed, wasn’t looking for it, it just happened.  I don’t even know exactly when.  All I can say is that I was obviously out having fun at the time.  Now I just deal with it. 
I try to always be optimistic even when things suck, mostly it works.  I was never on any self destructive crusade. I was just having fun without worrying about consequence.  
Now I’m still having fun but with a bit more thought.

• Like 5

I can only comment on my reaction to finding out I was poz and the aftermath. I wasn’t chasing, thought I was being careful and was shocked when I was diagnosed. I was devastated and scared to death. Once I took control of my health my outlook changed and I am now happy and at peace with myself and my sexuality. 

• Administrators
5 hours ago, ballerva said:

I can only comment on my reaction to finding out I was poz and the aftermath. I wasn’t chasing, thought I was being careful and was shocked when I was diagnosed. I was devastated and scared to death. Once I took control of my health my outlook changed and I am now happy and at peace with myself and my sexuality. 

I was more shooting for what was going on just before you found out – during the time when you actually got infected. In other words, were you in a bad place and getting pozzed was part of generally being self-destructive, or were things going well and it happened some other way…

• Like 1

Not a good time for me.  Strangely, I was getting fucked bb for quite a few years before that without incident.  Then, I briefly started into drug use, and it was a generally destructive year in my life.  I converted during that year.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest josebarebear

I was in a good spot in my life.  Working at a job (construction) that I really enjoyed; had recently purchased and began remodeling a single home; had reconnected with a few Marine buds whom I had lost consistent contact with during the preceding couple of years. 

But to be totally honest, there was something that was missing, a 'hole' so to speak in my life.  I had been barebacking for almost eight years, anon, random hook ups, baths, bars, a couple of very short lived relationships; nothing totally out of the ordinary, but also not fucking every day and everyone.  About the same time I reconnected with a Marine bud, me in Denver, him in St. Louis, I had stumbled across a book "Unlimited Intimacy', a book about bareback culture, chasing/gifting........and it was there that I realized what that 'hole' was.......

and Pablo, my Marine bud, was able to fill that 'hole' very very well.

🧔🏽☣️

• 3 months later...

I was in a good place and met this guy on line-  he introduced me to slamming- which I loved-  at first thought he was on meds then he told me he was not-  it and it just seemed natural for him to poz me-  very hard to explain but felt it was another step in my gay life.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

It was a little of both.  I was having more sex than any other tine in my life.  That was the source of great happiness.  However, I struggled with an unhealthy relationship, which drove me to compensate with the random sex. For myself, it’s pretty common to have parts of my life that are good and other parts that are not so good.  

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

It was pretty good before I got pozzed. 
I was two years into a homosexual affair. Life was good in my double life. My wife did not know I was having a homosexual affair with a friend from work. We were both chasing and knew the risks. My boyfriend fucked me at a holiday party and soon after that I got sick and I started my seroconversion . He was sick a few weeks before the party. We both seroconverted for the holidays. 
Life changed then and there. My marriage ended with divorce for cheating on her with men. I now have to come out as a gay male to friends and family. Both were hard to do. Friends would ask how long have you been gay. I didn’t know you were gay all this time. Do you like being gay now. Are you afraid of catching HIV or AIDS since you are gay now. I told them I’ve been gay for two years now, yes I’ve been gay all this time. Yes I love being gay now. No I’m not afraid of catching HIV or AIDS , because I have HIV now from my boyfriend. We both have HIV , he got it and gave it to me. 
It went back to pretty good. When I came out as gay!

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

On 9/21/2020 at 6:54 PM, Fillitup57 said:

I was in a good place and met this guy on line-  he introduced me to slamming- which I loved-  at first thought he was on meds then he told me he was not-  it and it just seemed natural for him to poz me-  very hard to explain but felt it was another step in my gay life.  

• Like 1

For me, life was going pretty well. It got better after getting pozzed. Found a good man to share my life with and got married to him. Things are still going well if not even better