When you got pozzed…

When you got pozzed, that time in your life was otherwise…  

155 members have voted

1. 1. When you got pozzed, that time in your life was otherwise…

• Pretty good overall
    • Mixed — neither good nor bad
    • Pretty bad overall

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I had gotten out of the Army a couple years prior. My abilities were probably at their zenith: I was disciplined and confident. I felt I could accomplish anything I set my hand to, and not without justification. I’d just gone from a successful military career where absolutely none of the skills valued were ones that came naturally to me; I succeeded regardless. 

At the time, I was enrolled in my BA program at Arizona State. I never received a single grade there less than an “A.”  I was enrolled in the Honors College and had been awarded a full ride scholarship. 

I thought I was prepared for HIV. In retrospect, I was not. It threw me off my game. I still maintained my grades (I eventually graduated summa cum laude many years later and am a member of Phi Beta Kappa) but my life was never the same again. I regained an echo of that confidence just once more, about fifteen years later, but it was a passing thing.  It took me some time to notice it, but I don’t think it a coincidence now that my other great scourge seriously picked up at about the same time. 

• Piggy 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/27/2020 at 9:45 PM, rawTOP said:

Just wondering, those of you who are poz… the period in your life when you got pozzed… if you take out the actual infection, was the period an otherwise good period or was it a bad/dark period for you? In other words was it a generally happy, productive time, or a sad, depressed, and/or self-destructive time?

Actually nothing changed other then being poz.