Time to speak out

evilqueerpig

I'm likely opening a can of worms and provoking the MAGA crowd, but I need to post this.  In the wake of George Floyd being lynched by knee, I can no longer remain silent.  We in the QUEER community need to support our black brothers and not just with words.  Those of you who can, participate in peaceful protests, making your presence known by wearing pride attire or carrying signs reading "Queer lives 4 Black lives"  Let's never forget what "Stonewall" started for us.  Stand up, speak out, take a knee.

• Like 10
  • Upvote 8
  • Thanks 3

It needs to be WE not Me.  Too many one sided groups.  It's all lives matter not just one nationality or race.  I served my country and many communities.  Always treating every race with respect.  That's what I learned as a small child.  The lack of education is hurting everyone.  The education I'm talking about goes beyond what everyone knows.  I'm not part of either political party.  I don't like how either of them use the people to get their ways.  To many on both side use gaslighting tactics to get their way.  The need for power is a mental health disorder, no mater how you look at it outside the box.  We do need to re-educate cops, but we need to re-educate criminals and people in power also.  There are great ways of doing this, but people need to be open to it.  Then we need to abolish HATE & FEAR.  Making people fear for gain are the wrong ways of doing things..  This has been proven for thousands of years of always failing.  We need leaders to be on the same page also, if they can't say good by to them and move on to people that want real change.  Real change hasn't been there in over 100+ years.  I'm not into degrading anyone.  Anyone thinks I'm speaking out of line, please keep it to yourself.    Thank you!  Love and peace to all. 

1 hour ago, NatureBoy said:

It needs to be WE not Me.  Too many one sided groups.  It's all lives matter not just one nationality or race.  I served my country and many communities.  Always treating every race with respect.  That's what I learned as a small child.  The lack of education is hurting everyone.  The education I'm talking about goes beyond what everyone knows.  I'm not part of either political party.  I don't like how either of them use the people to get their ways.  To many on both side use gaslighting tactics to get their way.  The need for power is a mental health disorder, no mater how you look at it outside the box.  We do need to re-educate cops, but we need to re-educate criminals and people in power also.  There are great ways of doing this, but people need to be open to it.  Then we need to abolish HATE & FEAR.  Making people fear for gain are the wrong ways of doing things..  This has been proven for thousands of years of always failing.  We need leaders to be on the same page also, if they can't say good by to them and move on to people that want real change.  Real change hasn't been there in over 100+ years.  I'm not into degrading anyone.  Anyone thinks I'm speaking out of line, please keep it to yourself.    Thank you!  Love and peace to all. 

Sorry, but this is a bunch of naive BS.

"All lives matter" is a cop-out. Of course they SHOULD; the problem is that in America, white lives have ALWAYS mattered and black, brown, yellow and red ones have not. 

Of course [people of] every race should be treated with respect. But people of one race have been treated with respect from the beginning, even if that treatment was frequently coerced at the end of a gun or knife or other weapon. People of other races have been treated with disrespect for that same length of time, whether it's 250 years of slavery, 100 years of Jim Crow, the Trail of Tears, the Chinese Exclusion Act, the Japanese internment in concentration camps, or the mass incarceration of African Americans that began under Nixon's demands for law and order.

"All lives matter" glosses over and ignores 400 years of mistreatment and expects everyone to just immediately assume everything's fine and dandy. It's not. And as long as people ignore the past, it never will be.

You will never "abolish" hate and fear. To abolish means to FORMALLY put an end to some practice, and you can't legislate emotions. You can hope (again, perhaps naively) to eliminate hate and fear, and that's a noble goal, but fear is hard-wired into the brain; it's a reaction developed millions of years ago by our primitive ancestors helping us survive by fleeing perceived dangers. The problem isn't that we fear, but that some people, power-hungry would-be despots like Trump especially, thrive by stoking fear among their supporters. That fear is channeled at "others" - those with less or no power, who can be scapegoated as the supposed cause of the fear stoked in those people.

And sadly, the historical record is exactly contrary to your point: it DOES work, it doesn't "always fail". Maybe, in the long run, it's unsustainable, but from the perspective of the despot, in the long run, he's dead anyway. 

And lastly, that line - "Anyone thinks I'm speaking out of line, please keep it to yourself" - really? So you think YOU are privileged enough to express your opinion here, but nobody can come along and challenge you? Mary please. 

• Like 7
  • Upvote 4
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 1
  • Downvote 3

Instead of everyone point fingers at someone else or given general neutral statement of "we must change" or worse, bring up the past to fuel the debate of what was or should be now needs to discuss and provide concrete ideas or suggestions of "how this change" will occur and then be prepared to act on it.  The continue statement of "we need change" is like  barking at a deaf & mute fence post and expecting real change to occur out of thin air.  Seriously, nothing will change minus the time on your clock.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, NatureBoy said:

Thank you as you are not alone in how you feel. I seen this before in 1968 after Dr. King was  assassinated and city burned and citizen were killed by the police. 

We have a president that will have people tear gassed shot with rubber bullets and flash bangs used on peaceful people for a photo op. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Lincoln once said "Public sentiment is everything, with it you can achieve anything and without it nothing." 

Protesting is great and it has raised awareness of the ongoing injustice and demonstrated enormous sentiment for change; but it will only be forgotten about if it doesn't. Now that energy needs to be fuelled into political action.

I marched against Brexit over here - but it goes unnoticed. The instagram squares thing... it feels like a token gesture that makes the posters feel good but doesn't have any constructive result. I would much rather donate to a singular cause that works to solve; in some small way, the issue of injustice. To succeed it needs to be very specific.

And of course; it's easy to say someone else needs to come up with an idea; so how about this as a starting point to discuss on here:

Legislation to increase the number of black officers recruited by police forces so that demographics of the police force are representative of the demographics of the city/state. And to have police paired across racial lines?

Is this reverse racism?
Is equality of opportunity more important than equality of outcome? In many situations I'm inclined to agree.

But in law enforcement, where a society need to see police as a force for good - to protect each other (in the UK we call it policing by consent), it makes sense that those in a position of authority should reflect the communities they serve.

Any takers?

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

15 hours ago, Dirrtyboi said:

Seeing as a fair amount of this sites members can’t even separate black men from their dicks I personally am not holding my breath. 

True but still hope people can change

• Like 1

4 hours ago, tj87 said:

Lincoln once said "Public sentiment is everything, with it you can achieve anything and without it nothing." 

Protesting is great and it has raised awareness of the ongoing injustice and demonstrated enormous sentiment for change; but it will only be forgotten about if it doesn't. Now that energy needs to be fuelled into political action.

I marched against Brexit over here - but it goes unnoticed. The instagram squares thing... it feels like a token gesture that makes the posters feel good but doesn't have any constructive result. I would much rather donate to a singular cause that works to solve; in some small way, the issue of injustice. To succeed it needs to be very specific.

And of course; it's easy to say someone else needs to come up with an idea; so how about this as a starting point to discuss on here:

Legislation to increase the number of black officers recruited by police forces so that demographics of the police force are representative of the demographics of the city/state. And to have police paired across racial lines?

Is this reverse racism?
Is equality of opportunity more important than equality of outcome? In many situations I'm inclined to agree.

But in law enforcement, where a society need to see police as a force for good - to protect each other (in the UK we call it policing by consent), it makes sense that those in a position of authority should reflect the communities they serve.

Any takers?

I don't agree with all the recommendations. However, I do support the general sentiment and idea. Black Americans need to mobilize their vote to help elect black and anti racist governors, senators, mayors and Attorney generals, not just wait for the vote in November ( The presidential election is still important so get yo ass out there and vote. If covid scares you then mail in your ballot, but don't let your voice go silent).

The police need to STOP USIN RACIAL PROFILING AS A TOO AND philosophy. It has been proven to not be effective in preventing or stopping crime and it is rooted in racial stereotypes and racial codification.

I don't think just hiring more ethnic or black cops will work at this point. The police force needs an entire new overhaul. They need to be trained in deescalation techniques and how to deal with mentally ill as to not rely so heavily on violence and brutality to keep the "peace".

The police union needs to stop protecting cops at all cost when it comes to police shootings.

The burden of proof needs to be higher for a polices "life being in danger". "Smelling weed" and "shouting I see a gun without any proof.

Cops need to wear body cams without the ability to turn them off. 

And they need to hire a more diversity, women, black, gay, non binary etc.

Edited by find91
Add
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, find91 said:

The police force needs an entire new overhaul. They need to be trained in deescalation techniques and how to deal with mentally ill as to not rely so heavily on violence and brutality to keep the "peace".

Mmm I agree - the heavy militarisation I saw on the news is freaky. Your cops looked like storm troopers. Police aren’t soldiers and shouldn’t see their job as warfare.

Body cams are good too!

Edited by tj87
  • Like 2

We need to make the police the servants of the people, not the other way around.

Police have no role in Pride marches. They are not going after white gay people now, but they did and for the same reasons.

On 6/2/2020 at 9:18 PM, Dirrtyboi said:

Seeing as a fair amount of this sites members can’t even separate black men from their dicks I personally am not holding my breath. 

The liberal use of “thug” and use of black men as a stereotype of dick size, sexual aggressiveness, dominance all speak to some real tone deafness.  (Ed note - there was a storyline that appeared poised to break out of that, but that remains to be seen)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

This is a start..we are talking, just need the rest of the USA to talk and work towards a better country and world. I am not sure how well our support will go over as Gay and many of us Poz in any circles formed to heal and construct a better society out of this. But, I am all in and will join the effort!!

• Like 1

All well said, ALL!  I ran across a few web pages this morning.  Not sure if it's aloud or not?  If it's not please be kind and remove it.  I've read most of them, no skim reading as there is too much info to over pass when skim reading is done.    All Lives Matter!  All should be equal!

[think before following links] https://m4bl.org/week-of-action/

[think before following links] https://archive.fo/jpqk3

[think before following links] https://archive.fo/sJtdq

On 6/3/2020 at 1:34 PM, find91 said:

I don't agree with all the recommendations. However, I do support the general sentiment and idea. Black Americans need to mobilize their vote to help elect black and anti racist governors, senators, mayors and Attorney generals, not just wait for the vote in November ( The presidential election is still important so get yo ass out there and vote. If covid scares you then mail in your ballot, but don't let your voice go silent).

The police need to STOP USIN RACIAL PROFILING AS A TOO AND philosophy. It has been proven to not be effective in preventing or stopping crime and it is rooted in racial stereotypes and racial codification.

I don't think just hiring more ethnic or black cops will work at this point. The police force needs an entire new overhaul. They need to be trained in deescalation techniques and how to deal with mentally ill as to not rely so heavily on violence and brutality to keep the "peace".

The police union needs to stop protecting cops at all cost when it comes to police shootings.

The burden of proof needs to be higher for a polices "life being in danger". "Smelling weed" and "shouting I see a gun without any proof.

Cops need to wear body cams without the ability to turn them off. 

And they need to hire a more diversity, women, black, gay, non binary etc.

I agree with what a lot of you said, but voting really doesn’t matter and less you have an economy to force the politicians to do what you want to do. Politicians respond to economics. Unless black folks get their money game on point, politicians (like Obama) will do nothing for us. Also, the police unions need to be abolished. I am also not expecting much real support from the “gay community.” Many enjoy their privileged elite status in a community and I’m not willing to give that up. I realize that much of this so-called “support” of some it’s just so they can parlay benefits for themselves then they will go right back to stereotyping every black guy and treating them like crap and less they are pursuing some BBC. And racism and the mistreatment of others is not an  education issue people are really not that dumb so we need to stop giving them an excuse.