Urinary tract infection from topping bareback?

Look up NGU (Non Gonorrheal Urethritis) and NSU (Non Specific Urethritis).

Take cranberry capsules or juice regularly to flush out your urethra. Or Azo gantrisin (over the counter), and Vitamin C + zinc

Edited by pigpozdad
Add
  • Upvote 1

On 6/4/2020 at 10:49 AM, viking8x6 said:

Yes, I've had this a couple of times. "Non-Specific Urethritis" I think is the official diagnosis - it can be just normal skin bacteria that aren't supposed to be in there. Antibiotics do work. More recently, I have started taking a urinary tract disinfectant (over-the-counter at the drugstore, look for the active ingredient "methenamine" or "hexamethylenetetramine") before and after I indulge in a lot of topping play, especially anonymously (I don't generally bother with friends whose health and cleanliness I trust). Seems to work OK. YMMV.

This is the one I use.

Screenshot_20200607-131139.png

Along with urinating afterwords, also wash your dick with soap and water.

Cranberry juice does work wonders for a UTI.  Also, supposedly, blueberry juice

Things must really be different in the U.K. if doctors believe that a man can't get a UTI.

• Upvote 1

On 6/4/2020 at 4:19 AM, talltop said:

Wondering if this is a common issue?

In days/weeks after fucking guys bare, I have had what I thought was a STD, burning sensation while pissing, discharge etc. STD tests didn't show up anything other than confirm inflammation, so clinics were reluctant to give antibiotics, and I have been left to sort it out by myself. This has happened a few times, in fact out of line with the frequency of my bare fucking, which is moderate. Only once I was prescribed nitrofurantoin, which is used for cystitis in women, and it worked very quickly. The next time it happened I got myself an over-the-counter cystitis treatment (again for women) and it worked too. 

That makes me think what I am getting are urinary tract infections, not STDs. It wouldn't be absurd, fucking guys up the arse. However there is very little routine support for UTIs in men, for example you can't buy nitrofurantoin from the UK online pharmacies - only women can. Of course you could pretend to be a woman, but obtaining medication under false pretences is technically punishable by law. Doctors also freak out at male UTIs as they can be indicators of other problems like prostate etc so it's a messy thing to deal with. 

Have other tops had this issue?

Hi, 

I used to volunteeer and work for the leasing sexual health clinic in Canada in Toronto, this is fairy common, as the other guys who have commented,  best thing to do is take a piss right after sex and when you feel that one of the best test we do at the clinic I learn is peeing into a small clear container and see if there are any " floaters". 

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, Collar4chemboys said:

Hi, 

I used to volunteeer and work for the leasing sexual health clinic in Canada in Toronto, this is fairy common, as the other guys who have commented,  best thing to do is take a piss right after sex and when you feel that one of the best test we do at the clinic I learn is peeing into a small clear container and see if there are any " floaters". 

I always piss after inserting my dick into several holes. I learned that trick long ago from the STD clinics in NYC.

I also dip my dick into a cup of soap or Listerene when I am at the club. Wash and piss after every few fucks.

• Upvote 2

There's ten times more bacteria living in the digestive tract than there are cells making up the human body, raising the question of who's the host? "The large intestine contains organisms belonging to over 30 identified genera and as many as 500 separate species or phenotypes."  

Male UTI from anal sex is not a hugely studied topic, so there is not a lot of evidence about how many and which of those bacteria can cause an inflammatory response in the urethra. The most common UTI from anal is from E. coli bacteria, which is beneficial in the gut (a decidedly nonsterile environment) but not in the urinary tract (a sterile environment). But other gut bacteria can cause UTI. Uncircumcised are more vulnerable.

Here are ways to help protect yourself.

i give cranberry extract to my patients with urinary catheters  twice a day. "The current hypothesis is that cranberries work principally by preventing the adhesion of type 1 and p-fimbriae strains (particularly from E. coli) to the urothelium (17-20). Without adhesion, the bacteria cannot infect the mucosal surface"  [think before following links] https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3370320/

Another consideration is the type lube being used. Some lubes contain sorbitol or glycerin, which is food for bacteria. Using those types of lubes promote bacterial infection.

The old rule of peeing after fucking helps cleanse the urethra of bacteria that may have made their way in.

Carry alcohol wipes and cleanse the tip of your cock around the urethra after fucking, it helps both kill and mechanically remove bacteria.  Or simply wash your cock after fucking. 

Guest CuriousDallas

Not uncommon at all. The first time I got it was my freshman year at SMU. I too thought it was an STD but they came back neg and the nurse said it sounded like UTI, she gave me the prescription and it cleared up. Was talking about it with a fuck bud and he laughed and said he got them all the time (I also figured he gave it to me). I’ve gotten them several times since hen and go for the OTC version and it usually clears up although there were a couple times where it was an STD instead. It’s one of those embarrassing things guys do t talk about.

On 6/8/2020 at 2:35 PM, CuriousDallas said:

Not uncommon at all. The first time I got it was my freshman year at SMU. I too thought it was an STD but they came back neg and the nurse said it sounded like UTI, she gave me the prescription and it cleared up. Was talking about it with a fuck bud and he laughed and said he got them all the time (I also figured he gave it to me). I’ve gotten them several times since hen and go for the OTC version and it usually clears up although there were a couple times where it was an STD instead. It’s one of those embarrassing things guys do t talk about.

I don't think you can pass on a UTI. Its usually fecal matter when we fuck ass that's not real clean.  UTI can be very painful and if not treated can lead to kidney infections and damage to the kidneys.  Just FYI.

I've had several, but from oral or vaginal sex.  In my experience, anti-biotics have only made them worse.   Even after two courses of AB, I was only able to get rid of them with massive amounts of water and OTC cranberry supplements. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, bihairy said:

I don't think you can pass on a UTI. Its usually fecal matter when we fuck ass that's not real clean.  UTI can be very painful and if not treated can lead to kidney infections and damage to the kidneys.  Just FYI.

Strictly speaking: while the infection itself cannot be transferred sexually, sex *can* transfer the bacteria which *cause* the UTI, leading the partner to develop one independently.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Yes you can get uti’s from fucking. I have a pa and partial meotomy so I’m more susceptible to them. This is why my doctor tells me to always urinate after cumming. I also take D-Mannose. It’s a natural way of getting rid of uti’s.

• Upvote 1

Been there, had this happen to me as well.  More than one occasion.  Had me stymied for awhile, especially since all the test came back negative.  My doctor's office suggested I see a urologist to sort it out.  That's when I figured it out.  

On 6/4/2020 at 4:19 AM, talltop said:

Have other tops had this issue?

I mostly bottom bareback but now that I'm poz when I used to go to the bathhouses I many times I would enjoy hunting for a hot hole to dump my load in. The fear of getting UTIs keeps me from doing it more often.

On 6/18/2020 at 6:21 PM, Bttm2go said:

Yes you can get uti’s from fucking. I have a pa and partial meotomy so I’m more susceptible to them. This is why my doctor tells me to always urinate after cumming. I also take D-Mannose. It’s a natural way of getting rid of uti’s.

Several fruits and vegetables contain D-mannose, including:

cranberries (and cranberry juice)
apples
oranges
peaches
broccoli
green beans