HIV rebounds quickly in semen

6 minutes ago, drscorpio said:

If you have been celibate, the only issue is you need to be back on it several days before you fuck for the first time. US recommendations is 7 days. 

Cool. Well here’s to 5 more days lol. 
let the countdown begin. 

On 6/8/2020 at 6:25 PM, nogiftwrap said:

Of study participants who stopped PrEP, 8/10 regained the power to infect others within 2 weeks. The other 2/10 became infectious within 4 weeks.

Article link:

[think before following links] [think before following links] https://www.poz.com/article/hiv-rebounds-quickly-semen-treatment-break-vaccine-trial

Study link:

[think before following links] [think before following links] https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/30325777/

You totally misread and misquoted this article ... So what is your real agenda in doing this?

On 6/9/2020 at 2:59 PM, BootmanLA said:

No, it does not.

PrEP stands for "Pre-Exposure Prophylaxis" and ONLY applies to medication taken by HIV-NEGATIVE people to prevent infection with HIV.

This study was about people ALREADY infected with HIV, who BY DEFINITION are not on PrEP - they are on ART (which stands for Anti-Retroviral Therapy). These are two different things, even if they may use some of the same medications. The study looked to show what would happen to the viral load of a person who was already HIV-positive (ie, NOT on PrEP) who stopped using ART.

I realize some ill-informed people assume "PrEP" refers to any and all HIV medication but that is absolutely wrong.

Well not mid informed, here we give prep a form of ART first to see the effectiveness.  And recently have come with a 1 pill two med class medication which similar to truvada did the treatment of HIV. After if needed we go to the next. We start in the weaker end of the 6 major classes as they all worn different. As I am sure you know Of the viral resistance that can develop 

On 6/10/2020 at 4:09 AM, BootmanLA said:

Significantly. But if you stay on it, within a few weeks you should be protected again. 

I think PrEP might be faster in protecting against HIV.

Some people use it intermediately (so only before and after they plan to have sex).  I'm no expert but that sounds like the protection starts I a couple of hours (there's a minimum time you need to wait after taking the pill).  

21 minutes ago, BareLover073 said:

I think PrEP might be faster in protecting against HIV.

Some people use it intermediately (so only before and after they plan to have sex).  I'm no expert but that sounds like the protection starts I a couple of hours (there's a minimum time you need to wait after taking the pill).  

You're quite correct. That dosing schedule is called "2-1-1":

"The International Antiviral Society-USA supports the use of on-demand PrEP for gay, bisexual and other men who have sex with men, using a “2-1-1” schedule in which individuals take two tablets two to 24 hours before sex, one tablet 24 hours after the first dose, and another tablet 24 hours later."

It's all about appropriate levels in the body to be prophylactic.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/8/2020 at 6:03 PM, BootmanLA said:

If you read the actual journal article, as opposed to the summary that nogiftwrap wrote on his own, you'll see PrEP isn't mentioned; the article is about HIV+ individuals who were undetectable ceasing treatment for a period of time. It has literally nothing to do with PrEP.

Yeah, as others pointed out, this should have been ART, not PrEP. I'd edit the original post, but that doesn't seem to be an option, so I guess the dog piling will continue. Wish it was a different kind of dogpile, eyyyy

Think a man going off meds to become toxic again is a way hot button issue.:)A man telling me he is going off meds because he wants to poz me up...intentionally inseminate and infect me...finding that concept very hot.Think of the  fun to be had,counting down the days untill he regains his toxic status,taking his cum and celebrating his rising viral load.He is taking risks with his health because he wants to convert me....oh man thats a kind of love.:)Are there poz guys out there into this?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, chargedodger said:

Think a man going off meds to become toxic again is a way hot button issue.:)A man telling me he is going off meds because he wants to poz me up...intentionally inseminate and infect me...finding that concept very hot.Think of the  fun to be had,counting down the days untill he regains his toxic status,taking his cum and celebrating his rising viral load.He is taking risks with his health because he wants to convert me....oh man thats a kind of love.:)Are there poz guys out there into this?

There are.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

8 hours ago, Hairypiglet said:

There are.

Wow...wondering if there are poz/undetectable men who might like to pass on their seed and gift.Going to take a new interest in undetectable guys now.If we get into a relationship and he sees this as a possibility,could be great fun seducing him into breeding maybe,encouraging him to take a drug holiday.seeing how he reacts....