Terminology for gay men

Guest VanpozBB

Terminology  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Can tops be sluts or is the term reserved for cumdump bottoms?

• Yes - anyone can be a slut it's a state of mind not the hole
    • Maybe - some guys don't fit labels
    • No - only cumdumps can really be called sluts (and anything else that turns tops on)
    • Some other answer - please add as a comment.

Guest VanpozBB

I'm curious about how we as gay men feel about ourselves and specifically whether the term slut is appropriate for all or just for cumdump bottoms.

Used poz fuckhole.jpg

The word slut has its origins around 1400, in various related German, Swedish and Old English terms referring to men and women as unkempt or untidy. This condition came to be associated with questionable character, and sexual promiscuity.

Today, the level of activity that constitutes promiscuity is debatable, so unlike in the 1950s when a girl might be slut-shamed for going steady with three boys one right after the other, a person now has to be carnal in a pretty juicy way to earn a slut badge.

Whore, on the other hand, has largely always indicated a person engaged in illicit sexual activity - fornication, adultery, or prostitution. Indeed, whore was used specifically to refer to male prostitutes from around 1630. While Tops who engage in practices not discussed here that begin with ‘e’ might qualify for this term also, I don’t find them referred to as such with anything like the regularity of submissive cumdumps like me, for whom the gay world has developed a rich and colorful lexicon of terms that variously mean “unmasculine guy with no dignity or self-respect who lets real Men use him like a woman’s pussy/breeding animal/toilet, eats their jizz and his own too, thanks them for it and begs for more”. Which is all strictly true, but somehow doesn’t capture their sense of combined incredulity, amusement, and contempt. Slut is more a word one applies to a person - one tends to acknowledge the personhood of a Top, so the term may be applied to him. Whore tends to be in sense more object-based. Because it’s easy to look at a cumdump as a thing, or object, whore is a natural fit. Applying whore to a Top, however, implies a very specific kind of accusation.

So much for the lexical analysis - Can Tops be sluts? Sure. The thing is, though, Top promiscuity is a badge of honor denoting virility, endurance, strength, dominance, masculinity, and all the other Man Stuff That Makes Men Men. Bottom slutting is not that. Though high load counts may bring pride of place among bottoms, that does not necessarily translate into admiration across the community.

• Like 1

Had something similar come up when I was college.

”how come when a single girl sleeps around, she’s a hoe or a slut. But when a guy sleeps around/fucks multiple girls he’s not?”

the guys in the class thought the dude is awesome, the ladies not so much.

i said they a slut no matter if it’s a dude or a gal.

i guess it comes from the notion of the one who is taking the dick/being fucked/penetrated. It’s stupid.

i could care less what people call me. A slut, a hoe. Whatever. My body. If I want to take dick and loads all day long, it’s my own damn body. 

• Like 1