Encountering any problem? Post them here...

rawTOP

Hey Admin- I know the buzz back in December was all about the Mayan calendar and the world ending-- but were you aware the calendar on here has stopped- as of Dec 2012? I guess most guys don't look at it or use it, but I try to send a Happy Birthday out now and then to locals, or to men I wish were locals -- not an end of the world issue, but just an observation

• Administrators
Hey Admin- I know the buzz back in December was all about the Mayan calendar and the world ending-- but were you aware the calendar on here has stopped- as of Dec 2012? I guess most guys don't look at it or use it, but I try to send a Happy Birthday out now and then to locals, or to men I wish were locals -- not an end of the world issue, but just an observation

This has been fixed.

• 1 month later...

HiI`m a newbie, and I`ve just done my first post to the breedingzone forum, and I found that the forum does not see the new paragraph characters that I put in. So I can`t break my text up into paragraphs. I`m using Opera on Linux - any idea what characters I should insert to be able to use paragraphs ?This should be a new paragraph.This should be a new parargraph.

Hi

I have identified the cause of the problem - JavaScript

When I use Opera, on the first page I get when I go to www.breedingzone.com there is the message box about something, and down at the bottom of this box there is a line which says " stop executing scripts on this page ", with a small tick box.

If I tick that box, Opera stops running JavaScript, and I can`t set paragraphs.

If I don`t tick the box, Opera will run JavaScript, and I can set paragraphs.

If I use Firefox, this line and the tick box don`t appear when I have JavaScript enabled in Firefox, and I can set paragraphs.

So there you go - maybe you have some kind of weird interaction between JavaScript and php. I have never had this problem on any other forums, websites, e-mail, etc.

• Administrators

Why would you want to turn off Javascript? A lot of things will stop working on most sites when you do that.

It's a bit like banging your head against a wall and complaining about the pain. Just stop banging your head against the wall...

Yes rawTOP, a lot of things stop working when you turn off JavaScript - that`s the whole point of doing it. So many sites - even very respectable ones - try and give you whole loads of evil crap like adverts, tracking software, and malware which tries to take over you computer.

It is why I don`t use Windows, it is why I uninstall Java from every machine I use, it is why I use a script blocking plugin on my browser.

If you don`t like me doing this, just let me know and I`ll delete my account and go away. I`d rather not, because I like your forum, it isn`t filled with the sort of rubbish that has ruined SYD.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Administrators
Yes rawTOP, a lot of things stop working when you turn off JavaScript - that`s the whole point of doing it. So many sites - even very respectable ones - try and give you whole loads of evil crap like adverts, tracking software, and malware which tries to take over you computer.

It is why I don`t use Windows, it is why I uninstall Java from every machine I use, it is why I use a script blocking plugin on my browser.

If you don`t like me doing this, just let me know and I`ll delete my account and go away. I`d rather not, because I like your forum, it isn`t filled with the sort of rubbish that has ruined SYD.

Just so you know... A new version of the forum software was just released. We'll probably upgrade in a month or two. Apparently the new software requires that Javascript be turned on. So your problems with this site will only get worse after the upgrade (apparently). It's 2013 & Javascript is as important to the web experience as HTML...

I would like to be able to delete my own posts if and when I get over my rant. I've never found a way to do that. Also, profiles don't tell us much about someone beyond groups they belong to and who has visited their profile. A little bio would be nice, the typical profile stuff. I get friend requests and I usually want to check them out before I accept. Profiles really don't tell me enough to base the decision on, so I typically look at their past posts. Just some observations.

• Administrators
I would like to be able to delete my own posts if and when I get over my rant. I've never found a way to do that.

That's pretty much never going to happen. It would disrupt the flow of the conversation in many cases - essentially creating holes in the conversations.

Also, profiles don't tell us much about someone beyond groups they belong to and who has visited their profile. A little bio would be nice, the typical profile stuff. I get friend requests and I usually want to check them out before I accept. Profiles really don't tell me enough to base the decision on, so I typically look at their past posts. Just some observations.

When the site was starting I was just happy if someone signed up. And to a point that's still the case. We have critical mass for what the site is, but not to turn the site into say a hookup site (just not enough people in any particular area). So yes, I would love it if people would say more in their profile, but that's difficult to force on people.

• Administrators
Yea i cant find a way to edit my profile..also its kind of a late complaint,but one of your members who actually is in my friend list stole one of my pix,,i mean im flattered..but its still annoying..

You can edit your profile through "Settings" or "My Profile" in the upper right hand corner. They work slightly differently. Let us know if you can't figure it out.