Atlanta going back to near-quarantine

pigpozdad

Guest takingdeepanal

Our Local Government Area is back in lockdown - even though our town hasn't had one single positive test result. 

Yep. It's been 14 days since major protests.

CDC says that the actual infection rate may be many times higher than the current rate. And other states like NY are pressing the governors in the south to tighten up like they did in the Northeast.

Yep. It's been 14 days since major protests.

CDC says that the actual infection rate may be many times higher than the current rate. And other states like NY are pressing the governors in the south to tighten up like they did in the Northeast. And I dont know of any local person who is positive for coronavirus.

My friends in NY and NJ are kind of insulted that we have more freedom here.

• Like 1

Infection rates are up because testing is up - the more testing done, the higher the number of cases - same as when they came out with a test for HIV back in the 80s and declared a pandemic .... 40 years later and still no cure ... just treatments to control it.

What isn't being reported is hospitalizations are down and the mortality rate from the virus is declining.  The CDC also published a report 3 weeks or so  ago that the average age of Americans who died of COVID-19 was 75.5 years old, and that age and underlying conditions are the main issue when it comes to fighting the virus.  Italy reported that 90% of its citizens who died from COVID-19 were over the age of 80, and all with underlying conditions.

The media, the WHO, and the CDC have been off on so many things with this virus since it started - from "nothing to worry about - go about your daily lives" (Fauchi), to "human to human transmission not possible" (WHO), to "no need to shut anything down, it is safe to go to movies, bowling, and engage in social event (Fauchi) .... the list goes on and on ... all they are doing is scaring the crap out of people with this.

There are those that believed that the lock-down was going to solve everything, and were surprised the virus still existed and didn't miraculously go away .... yes, it is contagious, but those who are healthy have a 98.7% chance of recovering from it.

People will continue to get sick until enough of the population builds up the antibodies .... those that are older and with underlying symptoms need to take precautions to protect themselves ... and the mortality rate is about the same as the British Flu epidemic in the 90s .... all things no one wants the public to know .... that is what concerns me.

The CDC even got caught last month by the Washington Post for misreporting test results - they were reporting those who tested positive for the anti-bodies as testing positive for actively having COVID-19 .... their response was that it was a data entry issue in their data base that needed to be updated .... 

Just remember - MILLIONS of us were supposed to be dead by now, yet that didn't happen ... 

I'm in no way diminishing the loss of those who have succumbed to the virus so far - but the "experts" have proven, to me at least, that they really have no idea what is going on.    

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 5

• Moderators

Actually infections are up all over the South even in places where there were no protests. Conversely, there have not been big spikes in some of the northern cities which have had tons of protests. It's more an issue of reopening too quickly. 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

The testing rate for New York (and other states all over the Northeast) is way up and yet the rate o f cases is going down so the entire idea that increased testing directly means a higher rate of cases  is a fallacy. And take a look at the hospitalization numbers. These persons haven't been ill all this time waiting for a test before they go into the hospital

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

The CDC data posted 26 June is now combining hospitalization rates of Covid 19, Pneumonia, and the Flu together - why they are combining 3 illnesses together now doesn't make sense to me, and shows data is not being properly tracked.  As of the 26th the CDC, per their own COVID 19 site, cited a hospitalization rate  for people under 60 without underlying conditions at 98.4 infected per 100,000 infected .... of all 3 illnesses combined mind you - that equates to a percentage rate of  .00098 - less than 1/100th of a percent .... check out the CDC site if you don't believe me ... and again - no reason why 3 illnesses are being counted together - other than they are all being classified as an upper respiratory infection. 

Numbers can be manipulated in any manner to get any result that you are looking for .... 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

• Moderators
On 6/29/2020 at 12:43 PM, dji101568 said:

The CDC data posted 26 June is now combining hospitalization rates of Covid 19, Pneumonia, and the Flu together

Which data, posted where? I certainly couldn't find anything on the CDC Covid-19 page to indicate that this was the case. And I looked. If you're going to assert that the government is essentially lying to people, at least be specific about what the lie is and where they said it. Otherwise you're just blowing smoke yourself, and wasting people's time and energy.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I’m a Cum Dump coming to visit Red Roof In off Druid. July16-19th. I’ll take all loads if you’re interested. PN (707)326-3367
what should I do given COVID- I’m coming from  California and want to serve the guys in Atlanta 

On 7/2/2020 at 1:34 PM, viking8x6 said:

Which data, posted where? I certainly couldn't find anything on the CDC Covid-19 page to indicate that this was the case. And I looked. If you're going to assert that the government is essentially lying to people, at least be specific about what the lie is and where they said it. Otherwise you're just blowing smoke yourself, and wasting people's time and energy.

[think before following links] https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/covid-data/covidview/index.html

The Eagle, where I always go,  is still open and (wisely) requires masks for its patrons. The Heretic didn't and media emerged from n event held there showing lots of guys dancing and interacting in close proximity with no masks and a couple CV cases emerged from that event.