Failed as a community

Reading that STIs numbers are on a rise especially in Montreal post COVID restrictions relaxation, I feel that we as a community have lost a golden chance to eliminate STIs during the lockdown. If we would have stuck to physical distancing including sexual encounters I believe we would have eliminated most of the STIs from our community. What a lost opportunity!!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 5

Everyone would have had to be tested and then treated and then maybe it could happen. it's kinda of not fair to lay this solely on the gay community, straight have sex and also get STI's. These organism have been around for thousands of years what makes you think we could get rid of them in three months solely by gays not having sex?

The problem is the people who don't get tested regularly. Anyone sleeping around who shouldn't be or wants it secret (eg DL guys) is unlikely to have an STI test sent to their home in lockdown so it goes unchecked. Single sluts or those in honest open relationships probably got tested and treated. 

I can say from experience that gays are way better about getting tested and tested regularly than str8's are. because it's been getting drilled into us since the 1980's.  Last year, I went to CLAW and had over 100 sexual partners, no STI's. I went to Furry Weekend Atlanta (FWA), had a dozen partners (not including the bad-dragon huge toy/fisting party I went to one of the nights), most of them bisexual, and wound up with multiple STI's and getting a penicillin shot, ceftiaxone shot and 1,000 mg of zithromax. I went on to attend other gay events, including the 10 days of Pig Week, and with nearly 200 partners at it again in 2019, still no STI's after.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, MuscledHorse said:

I can say from experience that gays are way better about getting tested and tested regularly than str8's are. because it's been getting drilled into us since the 1980's.  Last year, I went to CLAW and had over 100 sexual partners, no STI's. I went to Furry Weekend Atlanta (FWA), had a dozen partners (not including the bad-dragon huge toy/fisting party I went to one of the nights), most of them bisexual, and wound up with multiple STI's and getting a penicillin shot, ceftiaxone shot and 1,000 mg of zithromax. I went on to attend other gay events, including the 10 days of Pig Week, and with nearly 200 partners at it again in 2019, still no STI's after.

Wow, I think "MuscledWhore" would be a better screen name for you. LOL

• Like 1

Some STDs can produce no outward symptoms in the host for an extended period of time, and continue to be infectious indefinitely - much longer than a few months’ lockdown. Some are incurable and have recurring periods of transmissibility (looking at you, herpes). For some STDs, getting a case of them confers no immunity against getting them again. And none of them, as a rule, kill their host within a matter of days. For these reasons and I’m sure many others I could cite if I were a doctor, the current strategy against COVID-19 would not have had the same effect on all STDs in any case.

In fact, if we extrapolate the collective narrative from this forum to the broader community of men having sex with men, a large proportion of the community has abstained during the crisis (and complained about the ensuing horniness) - yet the trend in STDs is still what we see.

Sex is a basic human need, and guys have to fuck sooner or later, usually both. As others have said above, the solution is testing and treatment; abstinence is unrealistic.

Oh, and then there’s the Chasers and Givers, for whom this is a hobby, but I’m not going to get started on that...

Edited by ErosWired
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, ErosWired said:

Some STDs can produce no outward symptoms in the host for an extended period of time, and continue to be infectious indefinitely - much longer than a few months’ lockdown. Some are incurable and have recurring periods of transmissibility (looking at you, herpes). For some STDs, getting a case of them confers no immunity against getting them again. And none of them, as a rule, kill their host within a matter of days. For these reasons and I’m sure many others I could cite if I were a doctor, the current strategy against COVID-19 would not have had the same effect on all STDs in any case.

In fact, if we extrapolate the collective narrative from this forum to the broader community of men having sex with men, a large proportion of the community has abstained during the crisis (and complained about the ensuing horniness) - yet the trend in STDs is still what we see.

Sex is a basic human need, and guys have to fuck sooner or later, usually both. As others have said above, the solution is testing and treatment; abstinence is unrealistic.

Concur. It's about making an informed choice.

2 minutes ago, ErosWired said:

Some STDs can produce no outward symptoms in the host for an extended period of time, and continue to be infectious indefinitely - much longer than a few months’ lockdown.

Sex is a basic human need.... the solution is testing and treatment; abstinence is unrealistic.

Exactly! And exactly the reason frequent testing for the sexually active and hyper active like me is so important.

1 hour ago, MuscledHorse said:

I went to Furry Weekend Atlanta (FWA), had a dozen partners (not including the bad-dragon huge toy/fisting party I went to one of the nights), had a dozen partners (not including the bad-dragon huge toy/fisting party I went to one of the nights), most of them bisexual, and wound up with multiple STI's

I would imagine that community might be less focused on STD prevention than one more specifically sex-based like this, the BDSM community, or even the broader LGBTQ community. But even if they are just as aware, it only takes one guy. The fact that you or I can come away from a dozen fucks as a multi-STD carrier suggests, to me, the statistical likelihood that they all came from a single individual. There are individuals out there who never test and allow their bodies to become breeding-grounds for multiple diseases, which they then pass on as a package deal that keeps multi-proliferating until someone like you or me gets tested and treated. But until testing and treatment becomes common and widespread, I fear the proliferation may be exponential.

But that’s not what guys want to know when they read your post. What they want to know is:

1) Since intercourse can be awkward even under ideal conditions, how do they accomplish it in a furry persona? Especially with one of those big heads on? Asked with no disrespect for the lifestyle.

2) Are furry outfits made with sexual function in mind, or do they have to be retrofitted?

3) How many furries are walking around with a Bad Dragon dildo attached to their crotch? Unconcealed? Is this considered indecent exposure?

4) [None of my business, really, so please free to ignore this item, though the question begs itself] Did you go as a furry persona, and if so, is it a horse? (If the answer is No, color me astonished.) 

Edited by ErosWired
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ErosWired said:

I would imagine that community might be less focused on STD prevention than one more specifically sex-based like this, the BDSM community, or even the broader LGBTQ community. But even if they are just as aware, it only takes one guy. The fact that you or I can come away from a dozen fucks as a multi-STD carrier suggests, to me, the statistical likelihood that they all came from a single individual. There are individuals out there who never test and allow their bodies to become breeding-grounds for multiple diseases, which they then pass on as a package deal that keeps multi-proliferating until someone like you or me gets tested and treated. But until testing and treatment becomes common and widespread, I fear the proliferation may be exponential.

But that’s not what guys want to know when they read your post. What they want to know is:

1) Since intercourse can be awkward even under ideal conditions, how do they accomplish it in a furry persona? Especially with one of those big heads on? Asked with no disrespect for the lifestyle.

2) Are furry outfits made with sexual function in mind, or do they have to be retrofitted?

3) How many furries are walking around with a Bad Dragon dildo attached to their crotch? Unconcealed? Is this considered indecent exposure?

4) [None of my business, really, so please free to ignore this item, though the question begs itself] Did you go as a furry persona, and if so, is it a horse? (If the answer is No, color me astonished.) 

Actually, none of the sexual interactions occurred in furry attire.  Some fursuits are made with sexual abilities but you have to find a suit maker willing to do that. When I get mine made it will have a cock sheath and anal access beneath the tail. No one walks around with toys or furry sheaths exposed because it is not allowed (FWA, for instance, takes place in the Marriott Marquis in downtown Atlanta), so their Furry will have pants on if it is not made as genderless sports mascot style suit. I wanted to be a Furry equine, but as I am also a leather pup (named, appropriately, Canyon), to keep things easy I kept my fursona in the canine family as well so I am also a Furry pup named Canyon.

• Upvote 1

• Moderators
6 hours ago, MuscledHorse said:

I can say from experience that gays are way better about getting tested and tested regularly than str8's are. because it's been getting drilled into us since the 1980's...

However, to follow up on that excellent post, I'd add that it only applies to gays who are not in denial / on the DL. I've had my share of STIs, and I find that much more often than not I get them in a situation (usually a bookstore or similar venue) where encounters are anonymous and some of the participants fall into that category. It's almost enough to make me swear off bookstores and public cruising grounds, but I really do enjoy the vibe when I'm in the mood.

• Like 1