Failed as a community

Guest MattDillan
2 hours ago, atlslingslut said:

I get tested every 3 months no matter what

Smart man! Me too! It also helps that my doctor is also gay, and likes my pig stories.

15 hours ago, tinyclitmuscle said:

I love this name for you! So perfectly masculine and slutty for you. You really are just a big mound of fuck meat for men to use and seed and fist and wreck

From your lips to the Lord's ears. A life of daily promiscuous sex in front of others like I enjoy at sex resorts a week at a time would be bliss.

15 hours ago, MattDillan said:

Smart man! Me too! It also helps that my doctor is also gay, and likes my pig stories.

I got an alert from BBRT that I had been exposed to an STD from a trick, and I went to the STD clinic from the bathhouse, when my asshole got swabbed I could feel cum dripping out.  

1 hour ago, NastyRigPig said:

I got an alert from BBRT that I had been exposed to an STD from a trick,

What? I’m sorry to pry, but that needs explaining. There’s no way that site could know who actually hooked up with whom, and releasing personal medical information in such a way, even if they could somehow obtain and verify it, would be a no-no. Do you mean that the trick himself contacted you to inform you via BBRTS? Or do you mean that a third party who had certain knowledge that the trick was infectious had seen him hook up with you at the bathhouse and contacted you via BBRTS to alert you of your exposure?

There was something about the trick who I hooked up with and he used a medical clinic that (possibly the STD clinic) and they asked him if he had used any hook up apps.  He must have responded yes and given them his contacts and then via BBRT I got the notice.  this was easily 15 years ago or so, I’m not certain if this still happens.   The email I received was linked to something like this letter, but local, not Rhode Island, obv. 

But the email was definitely via BBRT, and the letter/website was the County Health department.   They did not tell me who the contact person was, however. 

DC366D78-8C62-4B26-A8E6-1EFAE3DA9B34.png

Edited by NastyRigPig

1 hour ago, NastyRigPig said:

There was something about the trick who I hooked up with and he used a medical clinic that (possibly the STD clinic) and they asked him if he had used any hook up apps.  He must have responded yes and given them his contacts and then via BBRT I got the notice.  this was easily 15 years ago or so, I’m not certain if this still happens.   The email I received was linked to something like this letter, but local, not Rhode Island, obv. 

But the email was definitely via BBRT, and the letter/website was the County Health department.   They did not tell me who the contact person was, however. 

DC366D78-8C62-4B26-A8E6-1EFAE3DA9B34.png

Wow. I don’t know whether to be impressed or horrified.

According to the message, the notification originated with an app run by the Rhode Island Department of Health, and is still in use. It says the notice was issued anonymously, but think it through - somewhere, at some point, a record has to exist that indicates that you, personally, had same-sex relations (how quaint) with this trick, and may have been infected with the STD he carried. Note that it doesn’t say “you had sex with”; it says “you received a text and/or email message” from a sexual partner. So the message was sent out to either a) individuals the trick positively identified as actual sexual partners on a given online app, or b) they just broadcast the message to everyone the trick texted or emailed within a certain time frame just in case he might have had sex with them.

What’s the harm in that, right? Better safe than sorry.

Except that for some period of time, however brief, data that indicated that you likely had male-to-male sex with a specific individual and may now be a disease carrier resided on some server somewhere with a positive correlation to your username and/or email address on BBRTS...  

...and then they get hacked.

How much are you willing to pay to keep your boss from seeing that information? Your bank? Your landlord, insurer, banker, partner, pastor, partner, grandmother? (I’m obviously not asking you any if this personally, @NastyRigPig, this is all just thinking-out-loud.)

Whenever I find out I’ve gotten knocked up with some guy’s bugs, one of the first things I do is go back through my app traffic for that session and personally contact as many of the men who used me as I can. When the local health department came to my home the second day after I was released from the hospital from my brush with death from AIDS, the guy peppered me with all kinds of really personal and intrusive questions about who I has sex with, where, when, how, how often, etc., and I finally just told him, “You’re not getting that information.”

Not that I could have told him anything useful anyway - men had been breeding me anonymously for over two years at that point, and I had already been tailed by so many men in pitch-dark places the question was almost funny.

Maybe I’m just overly touchy about how much information of that nature I’m willing to trust in the hands of either governments or corporations. Governments, very little; corporations, not at all.

4 minutes ago, ErosWired said:

Wow. I don’t know whether to be impressed or horrified.

According to the message, the notification originated with an app run by the Rhode Island Department of Health, and is still in use. It says the notice was issued anonymously, but think it through - somewhere, at some point, a record has to exist that indicates that you, personally, had same-sex relations (how quaint) with this trick, and may have been infected with the STD he carried. Note that it doesn’t say “you had sex with”; it says “you received a text and/or email message” from a sexual partner. So the message was sent out to either a) individuals the trick positively identified as actual sexual partners on a given online app, or b) they just broadcast the message to everyone the trick texted or emailed within a certain time frame just in case he might have had sex with them.

What’s the harm in that, right? Better safe than sorry.

Except that for some period of time, however brief, data that indicated that you likely had male-to-male sex with a specific individual and may now be a disease carrier resided on some server somewhere with a positive correlation to your username and/or email address on BBRTS...  

...and then they get hacked.

How much are you willing to pay to keep your boss from seeing that information? Your bank? Your landlord, insurer, banker, partner, pastor, partner, grandmother? (I’m obviously not asking you any if this personally, @NastyRigPig, this is all just thinking-out-loud.)

Whenever I find out I’ve gotten knocked up with some guy’s bugs, one of the first things I do is go back through my app traffic for that session and personally contact as many of the men who used me as I can. When the local health department came to my home the second day after I was released from the hospital from my brush with death from AIDS, the guy peppered me with all kinds of really personal and intrusive questions about who I has sex with, where, when, how, how often, etc., and I finally just told him, “You’re not getting that information.”

Not that I could have told him anything useful anyway - men had been breeding me anonymously for over two years at that point, and I had already been tailed by so many men in pitch-dark places the question was almost funny.

Maybe I’m just overly touchy about how much information of that nature I’m willing to trust in the hands of either governments or corporations. Governments, very little; corporations, not at all.

This is most likely how it happened, but it's possible (just barely) that the information was better protected than that.

If I were designing a reporting system to try to maximize confidentiality, here's what I'd do. I'd contact the admins of every hook-up type app/site I could find out there, and ask them to develop a means of securely entering a list of user names from their site, for the purposes of sending them such a notification. Obviously, there would need to be updates as new sites and apps are developed.

In turn, when interviewing patients who'd possibly exposed others, I'd ask them for whatever contact info they had - site and screen name, if nothing else, on paper. Then I'd go to that site, use whatever means they'd devised to submit names, and then destroy the paper copy. Voila - nothing to hack, except the hookup app/site you used, which already has your contact info anyway.

Have they actually done all this, to safely anonymize the notifications? probably not. But it is feasible to do, with trustworthy people.

I recall I contracted syphilis from a partner. As I was being treated, I was asked for contact info for any other guys if slept with. I elected to contact partners myself, but I often wonder at the privacy of my sexual partners and myself in this sort of world.