News about the German Patient

Treehugger

Many of you probably know who the German Patient is but for those of you who don't he is Tim Brown, first person to be cured of HIV. Tim had two bone marrow transplants to treat leukemia. It ended up getting rid of his HIV, bonus, and catapulted him to international fame. He has his own Wikipedia page so look him up.

Unfortunately the leukemia came back a third time and he is not doing well. There is no more that can be done to treat the cancer. I share this news because our community should know we could soon be losing a gay icon.

I personally know Tim. He is brave and kind and a wonderful person. Tim travelled the world telling his story and advocating for HIV awareness. Also Tim is a sexually liberal person. He believes in the right to sexual self expression, whatever form that takes. He is great to talk with and it felt good to be able to talk with him candidly about my bareback preferences.
I don't want to tread on his privacy at a critical time like this but I want all you guys to know about him and what is happening. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3