Straight Men on Grindr

ChrgdPuP

It seems I come across more and more profiles on this app specifically stating stuff like”no men,” “ no gays/homos/queers,” “only interested in women.” This feels very out of place to me. Grindr is marketed as for “Gay social networking and chat” but here are these guys specifically stating they’re uninterested in the primary aspect of the service. Straight guys, looking for women... like they can basically ANYWHERE else in the world.  I pay for a subscription, so luckily I can block as many of these guys as i want, but don’t quite get why I should have to. The guys behind these profiles don’t generally enjoy getting grilled about it, so I don’t really get much insight on anything when I ask them about it. Maybe posting here will be a little different. 

So for straight dudes: Why are you on grindr? If you’re a guy that says something like the above limitations, why/do you feel it’s appropriate? If you’re a guy that’s straight and there but doesn’t say that stuff what’s your reasoning?

Gay/Bi guys: how do you all feel about having straight men in this space? What makes you feel that way? Do you feel the need to respect their desire to not be contacted?   

P.S. I didn’t know if this was general enough for this thread or should be somewhere else, so apologies in advance  if I made a mistake.

I saw in Brisbane Australia today the local paper was on about Grindr charging by age for profiles  ie someone over 50 was being charged more than someone 20...  and that was for straights...

Simple answer... use other sites (gay) and there are plenty of them 

I can come up with three smei-plausible explanations:

1. Fantasy-play by a gay guy. Someone gets the kicks out of acting out as a douchebag straight guy

2. A guy looking for trans/femboys 

3. Someone who is interested in guys on some level but is very insecure about anything sexual with someone who isnt 100% masc masc masc bro. 

Ive come across all three and honestly only the first one really annoys me. Too many fakes/fantasy profiles everywhere (like here apparently) so please leave grindr to those of us who want to hook up. 

• Like 1