anal health for bottoms

Guest Footprints

Guest Footprints

Bottoms, I wonder how everyone experience anal health issues? I feel not many people talk much about anal health in the gay community, but I certainly feel bottoms, especially cumdumps like me, can have anal problems from time to time. Issues like hemorrhoid, anal abscess, anal fistula, are not uncommon. Tops often like nice ass, so I feel worried each time I have anal health problems. If you never experience anal problems, definitely share your tips in maintaining a nice ass.

Oh here, where do I start?

Haemorrhoids are definitely a problem. I’m not sure if I’m just prone to them anyway or if sex exacerbates them. There’s plenty can be done about them medically but I tend to just keep them controlled with a medical ointment called Scheriproct (it’s a local anaesthetic mixed with a steroid) every once in a while. Honestly they’re only noticeable if I’m pushing my ass muscles out, which is the opposite to relaxing it to take a cock, so apart from one time I was getting fisted and one burst, no top has ever seemed to notice. Haemorrhoids are just veins that are actually meant to be there, the problem is when they swell up and become painful and noticeable or bleed.

I got a fissure twice. They are horribly painful. Both times I had gonorrhoea and a shot cleared it up. Regular STI checks for those.

Rectal chlamydia a number of times, but that never caused symptoms. Syphilis which I can only assumed I acquired rectally since I know the guy who gave it to me and that was where his cock went. Again no symptoms. Again regular check ups needed.

And I had a bit of a saga with anal warts and needed a cream called imiquimod for a while, but they settled down and went away. Most people get the HPV virus that causes them at some point, it’s just that a lot of people don’t get symptoms. Again the key is regular check ups.

It sounds like I’m a walking petri dish of disease, this is all over a long period of time. I tested clear of everything a couple of weeks ago and was getting complimented on my nice ass as recently as the weekend. I think getting these things occasionally is just part of being a bareback bottom. The main thing is you treat them.

Edited by subBottomKink
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

We’re using our anuses for things they are decidedly not designed for, and sometimes even allow other men to use that part of our anatomy in ways that they know will intentionally cause physical trauma. Of course we experience anal health issues.

Providing hole for bareback sex, if you do it for long enough, will inevitably get you infected with STDs. It’s a question of sheer mathematical probability. So far, I’ve been knocked up with gono and chlam twice each, and siphylis once, and of course HIV, all administered up my cunt.

I’ve had the occasional hemorrhoid, but they’ve never caused me any real trouble. Anal fissures, on the other hand, are show stoppers, and there is no pain like them. I ultimately had to undergo surgery to deal with mine. I give them 0/10 Do Not Recommend.

The human digestive system is meant to be a one-way street, but we keep driving things the wrong way up its narrow alley. It’s meant to be self-cleaning, but we keep flooding it with repeated washings. We introduce all manner of foreign substances that should never be in there, from urine to alcohol to vegetables to other people’s unwashed unmentionables, along with all the foreign germs that come with them. So the least we can do is try to maintain as much of the natural function as possible with diet, hydration, and extra fiber. Pelvic floor exercises are a good idea as well to try to maintain internal muscle tone.

Every bottom has an ass issue sometime. It comes with the role. Indeed, the fact that ass problems are discussed so relatively uncommonly strikes me as evidence that most of these stories of hard-pounding ass-wreckings with ten-inch monster cocks are pure fiction - you don’t come out the other end of something like that without at least a little ass trauma to tell about.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 5

I agree. We don’t speak of the “not so pretty” aspects of being a bottom.  I have had Gono, syph and chlam as well. I was knocked up at 19 with HIV so I have had that the longest. Because condoms are never an option we continue to be receptacles for any and all that our tops can dish out. I have never been one for large groups so prolonged used has not been an issue.  I have always had a great dr that understands me. That has always been a big help.

• Like 3

Honestly, keeping up with your health in general helps a lot even with rectal health. Stay neg if you can, and get on meds if you are poz. I say this because if you are looking to stay alive and want to fuck a long time, your immune system is extremely important.  For example anal cancer is on the rise amoung gay men of both statuses, but is higher amoung poz guys. 

For general anal health there is no huge secret. A high fiber diet and or fiber supplement helps both preparing for sex and dealing with things like potential hemmroids. Get tested regularly for STI’s and potential fissures must mean a healing time and refraining from sex. Cortisone cream helps a lot of inflammation after sex, but also shouldn’t be used everyday. Herpes flare ups are usually apparent and means you shouldn’t get fucked because they can increase the risk of a fissure. Annual anal Pap smears are a good idea as well, precancerous cells can easily be treated but anal cancer itself could mean the end of bottoming and possibly your life. 

lastly knowing your limits on what you can take is also hugely important, as is just being able to relax during sex. If you can’t relax you drastically increase your risk of a fissure. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

On 8/27/2020 at 12:17 AM, ErosWired said:

We’re using our anuses for things they are decidedly not designed for, and sometimes even allow other men to use that part of our anatomy in ways that they know will intentionally cause physical trauma. Of course we experience anal health issues.

Providing hole for bareback sex, if you do it for long enough, will inevitably get you infected with STDs. It’s a question of sheer mathematical probability. So far, I’ve been knocked up with gono and chlam twice each, and siphylis once, and of course HIV, all administered up my cunt.

I’ve had the occasional hemorrhoid, but they’ve never caused me any real trouble. Anal fissures, on the other hand, are show stoppers, and there is no pain like them. I ultimately had to undergo surgery to deal with mine. I give them 0/10 Do Not Recommend.

The human digestive system is meant to be a one-way street, but we keep driving things the wrong way up its narrow alley. It’s meant to be self-cleaning, but we keep flooding it with repeated washings. We introduce all manner of foreign substances that should never be in there, from urine to alcohol to vegetables to other people’s unwashed unmentionables, along with all the foreign germs that come with them. So the least we can do is try to maintain as much of the natural function as possible with diet, hydration, and extra fiber. Pelvic floor exercises are a good idea as well to try to maintain internal muscle tone.

Every bottom has an ass issue sometime. It comes with the role. Indeed, the fact that ass problems are discussed so relatively uncommonly strikes me as evidence that most of these stories of hard-pounding ass-wreckings with ten-inch monster cocks are pure fiction - you don’t come out the other end of something like that without at least a little ass trauma to tell about.

I disagree that our anuses are not designed for sex or that they are meant only as a one-way street.  The fact that the prostate is where it is and the fact that we have that many touch nerve endings there supports that the anus is an organ with two primary purposes, one of them being intended for sex.   If it was strictly a digestive system, we wouldn’t have so many nerve endings for touch there, nor would the prostate be stimulated the most from inside.  In my mind, our biology was evolved with sex between men in mind.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

36 minutes ago, Aquenon said:

I disagree that our anuses are not designed for sex or that they are meant only as a one-way street.  The fact that the prostate is where it is and the fact that we have that many touch nerve endings there supports that the anus is an organ with two primary purposes, one of them being intended for sex.   If it was strictly a digestive system, we wouldn’t have so many nerve endings for touch there, nor would the prostate be stimulated the most from inside.  In my mind, our biology was evolved with sex between men in mind.

In your mind, as you say. Not in science.

Just because you learn to re-purpose something to your advantage doesn’t mean it was intended for that purpose all along.

The function of the concentration of nerve endings in the anorectal region is principally to signal the body when it is time to evacuate waste, and to signal when the zone is empty and the process is complete. Without this complex signalling system, we would be constantly fouling ourselves without notice, if we had any bowel control at all. Not ideal - ask anyone who has to live with a colostomy bag.

In nature, mother animals often stimulate their young to produce bowel movements by licking the anus until the young animal has matured enough to continue regularly. This can be observed with cats and young kittens, and because they’re domesticated, cats never really forget that  anal pleasure is something associated with a caregiver. So when your cat wanders up to you with its tail straight up in the air, guess what it’s halfway hoping for? When mine does this I just look at her and tell her flatly, “I’m not licking your butt.”

The prostate is where it is because that is the optimal location for forcing seminal fluid into the urethra in combination with the other components of semen and compressing in under its muscular contractions so as to give the fluid the ability to exit the other end of the penis with enough velocity and force to reach its destination inside another body. The prostate did not evolve into its current location because gay men couldn’t enjoy buttsex without a g-spot to call their own.

Really, we have a hard enough time as it is getting the heteronormative world to accept the possibility that maybe, just maybe, we really were born wired for same-sex attraction - trying to foist an obviously absurd argument that the human ass was actually designed for gay sex is not going to help matters.

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 1

Given how promiscuous and huge size a pig that I have been in my life I feel very lucky that the worst i've had is the occasional (1 to 2 times a year at most) STI. And given the hundreds of sex partners I have annually that's really great percentages. Six sigma should be so lucky.

Also, I've not had hemorrhoids and only a small tear once, which is really lucky considering the oversize stuff  (huge bad-dragon toys, fists) constantly being shoved in my rectum and colon beyond the average human size cock on near daily basis. I also am hosed out everyday due to my near daily toy play and and desire to always be ready for sexaul sue when I go out anywhere, so it's been a long time since I've taken a natural shit, which i don't miss at all given my power bottom obsession for always being clean and ready.  Apparently, my ass has been getting sodomized by cocks, toys an hands since my teens for so long that my body see it as normal use for it.

Take care of you fuck hole and it will ensure years of pleasure.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, MuscledHorse said:

Also, I've not had hemorrhoids and only a small tear once, which is really lucky considering the oversize stuff  (huge bad-dragon toys, fists) constantly being shoved in my rectum and colon beyond the average human size cock on near daily basis.

I’m not surprised at all that you haven’t had much injury considering the nature of your use - it’s the equivalent of a high-performance athlete staying at the top of his form. Constant training prepares the body to endure the full range of potential events. Contrast this with a guy who hasn’t worked out in five years deciding to go hit the free weights. Something is going to get sprained, strained or torn unless he is very cautious.

I don’t have your access to sexual use/training (if only) but in my own way I work to stay flexible in all the ways that ward off damage. Contrast this with my general gymnastic ability though - I can tear a rotator cuff just looking at hand weights online.

• Upvote 1

Guest SecretCumWhore
On 8/28/2020 at 3:37 AM, Pozguyinchi said:

I agree. We don’t speak of the “not so pretty” aspects of being a bottom.  I have had Gono, syph and chlam as well. I was knocked up at 19 with HIV so I have had that the longest. Because condoms are never an option we continue to be receptacles for any and all that our tops can dish out. I have never been one for large groups so prolonged used has not been an issue.  I have always had a great dr that understands me. That has always been a big help.

Same here man...   I’ve had gono twice, chlamydia once... luckily never had syphilis although I did have a scare once....  turned out it was something else. (Allergic reaction to something). I got lucky with HIV despite my..... sexual / roleplay interest in bugchasing. Hot muscle tops wanting to knock me up has always been my thing..... so the last of my old drag queen friends actually convinced me to look into truvada and I eventually got on it.  Not sexually active I don’t take it and when I intend to I do at least 7 days prior to my sex adventures. 

You seem very level-headed and put together.  I find myself checking out your breeding.zone profile pic every time I see you comment on a post. Hope you’re doing okay during this covid social limbo scene we are in now.   

52 minutes ago, SecretCumWhore said:

Same here man...   I’ve had gono twice, chlamydia once... luckily never had syphilis although I did have a scare once....  turned out it was something else. (Allergic reaction to something). I got lucky with HIV despite my..... sexual / roleplay interest in bugchasing. Hot muscle tops wanting to knock me up has always been my thing..... so the last of my old drag queen friends actually convinced me to look into truvada and I eventually got on it.  Not sexually active I don’t take it and when I intend to I do at least 7 days prior to my sex adventures. 

You seem very level-headed and put together.  I find myself checking out your breeding.zone profile pic every time I see you comment on a post. Hope you’re doing okay during this covid social limbo scene we are in now.   

Thank you. I am doing well.  I think that because parks are not fully open and book/video stores are not open at all it has forced me to get my breedings from regular fuck buds. That has probably contributed to me staying healthy at the moment.

7 hours ago, 1000GUYS said:

Only dicks get into me, no dildo, wist, hand, or anything like that... i hate fisting and dildos, i think its dangerous 

This is actually a pretty good rule. Even fingers that are not your own can be problematic because the nails can easily cut you. 

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, 1000GUYS said:

Only dicks get into me, no dildo, wist, hand, or anything like that... i hate fisting and dildos, i think its dangerous 

Not sure I agree with you. Every problem I mentioned above, apart from the haemorrhoids I’ve had since I was a teenage virgin, were caused by dicks. Dicks spread disease.

Dildos, so long as they’re washed, are actually very safe. I mean they’re synthetic dicks. You can get huge ones that could do damage if you’re not careful, sure. But a dildo isn’t inherently dangerous.

Nor are fists, although you need to build up to it and have a partner who knows what they’re doing and won’t hurt you. You’re much less likely to get an STI from fisting than fucking, although if you do make a small tear in the rectum and have cuts on your hands, hepatitis C can be a problem alright. It’s far more contagious than HIV, and I know a lot of hardcore barebackers who fist with gloves for this reason.

It’s up to you what goes in your body of course, but it’s not as cut and dry as you’re making out. Whatever about fists, dildos are great for practicing with so I really wouldn’t advise guys write them off.

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1