The saunas are returning

DaddyBare

There's reopening and reopening with measures in place. Are these places doing things like enforcing social distancing, closing darkrooms, maximum occupancy of smaller areas, etc. like the bars have done? I can't imagine it'll be the same free-for-all it once was. 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, AirmaxAndy said:

There's reopening and reopening with measures in place. Are these places doing things like enforcing social distancing, closing darkrooms, maximum occupancy of smaller areas, etc. like the bars have done? I can't imagine it'll be the same free-for-all it once was. 

I can’t for one minute imagine that the type of people who visit the saunas as they reopen will be overly concerned about maintaining social distancing... And yes, the saunas will have to put measures in place, but there are bound to be spaces that can be used for play, and I very much doubt they will be patrolling and enforcing! 

3 hours ago, Herts said:

I can’t for one minute imagine that the type of people who visit the saunas as they reopen will be overly concerned about maintaining social distancing... And yes, the saunas will have to put measures in place, but there are bound to be spaces that can be used for play, and I very much doubt they will be patrolling and enforcing! 

Don't get me wrong - I'm all about choice - and I am happy places are reopening from the point of view that they need to do so to survive.  I just think that like many things post covid we shouldn't expect them to be the same as they were before the shutdown.  Not only venues and policies, but people's attitudes and behaviours have also changed.

I was reading on the website for the Club Zeus Sauna in Mansfield that although they are re-opened, the Sauna and Steam remain closed and there are a number of new rules in place.

Boiler in Berlin reopened on August 17th,  and their website seems to say that masks are required except for sauna, showers and pool. They also mention following distancing rules. 

Rules may be there for appearance sake to appease the authorities. Whether or not this happens in practice we don't know unless we visit... If anyone has actually been it would be interesting to hear what your experience was like?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AirmaxAndy said:

Don't get me wrong - I'm all about choice - and I am happy places are reopening from the point of view that they need to do so to survive.  I just think that like many things post covid we shouldn't expect them to be the same as they were before the shutdown.  Not only venues and policies, but people's attitudes and behaviours have also changed.

I was reading on the website for the Club Zeus Sauna in Mansfield that although they are re-opened, the Sauna and Steam remain closed and there are a number of new rules in place.

Boiler in Berlin reopened on August 17th,  and their website seems to say that masks are required except for sauna, showers and pool. They also mention following distancing rules. 

Rules may be there for appearance sake to appease the authorities. Whether or not this happens in practice we don't know unless we visit... If anyone has actually been it would be interesting to hear what your experience was like?

It’s going to be really interesting to see what happens next, but I think being more cynical as I get older that sexual urges will - and always have - ultimately overcome everything else. Anyone who has studied sexual history will be aware that there was more casual and anonymous sex - gay and straight - in air-raid shelters during the Blitz in World War II than at any other time in British history. I met one old guy years ago who’d been young back then and he told me it was the most brilliant time of his life sexually - he could be shagged by half a dozen soldiers a night  sometimes. Maybe if you thought you could be blown to bits tomorrow nothing else mattered. I think that kind of mindset is setting in now, at least in the U.K.  I’m far from being a covid denier - Hell, I had swine flu when that was the media scare story of the day, but I think the clickbait hysteria that the media whipped up is starting to recede. Call me an old cynic but I suspect the  “new normal” will end up looking much like the old one did. 

• Like 2

I have to say that my job has kept me working throughout this pandemic, and without going in to too much detail, I’ve been in lots of places where people have been gathering in groups throughout. Honestly, I’ve been appalled by people’s behaviour in general, ignoring the rules deliberately or through plain ignorance/stupidity. I doubt there will be much difference when a bunch of horny guys get in a private, dimly lit space...

Right now, I’m not judging that. At the height of things, I totally was, and I still think those people were inconsiderate arseholes. As things stand, I think if a small percentage of people want to risk saunas and the fun to be had, I’m confident that the nhs can cope with it and that they’re mostly only risking their own health if they follow the rules elsewhere..

I’ve recently been fucked bare by one of Luton’s most prolific sluts, so I think I’ve lost the moral high ground after spreading my cheeks for his raw cock!

I think I’ll be going when the Greenhouse Luton opens up again...

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Herts said:

I have to say that my job has kept me working throughout this pandemic, and without going in to too much detail, I’ve been in lots of places where people have been gathering in groups throughout. Honestly, I’ve been appalled by people’s behaviour in general, ignoring the rules deliberately or through plain ignorance/stupidity. I doubt there will be much difference when a bunch of horny guys get in a private, dimly lit space...

Right now, I’m not judging that. At the height of things, I totally was, and I still think those people were inconsiderate arseholes. As things stand, I think if a small percentage of people want to risk saunas and the fun to be had, I’m confident that the nhs can cope with it and that they’re mostly only risking their own health if they follow the rules elsewhere..

I’ve recently been fucked bare by one of Luton’s most prolific sluts, so I think I’ve lost the moral high ground after spreading my cheeks for his raw cock!

I think I’ll be going when the Greenhouse Luton opens up again...

I agree. The media whipped up hysteria so that we all cowered in our homes to protect the NHS and flatten the curve. Like most people, I complied.  But the NHS was never overwhelmed and the curve was flattened weeks ago. A friend volunteered for the Nightingale Hospital in Manchester and had nothing to do. Another family friend is a GP in a large city on the south coast and she hasn’t seen a covid patient in over a month. I don’t wish to denigrate those who have suffered or lost loved ones but I live in an alleged hotspot which is currently under local lockdown and I don’t know a single person who’s had it. I suspect that is the experience of many people. And after six months of this, I think guys - like you, like me - are ready to get their cocks out again. Some might consider that selfish, I would suggest it’s merely human. And there’s nothing new in that. If you ever read Samuel Pepys’ account of the  Great Plague, he carried on whoring, drinking and money-making while one-sixth of Londoners died around him. 
Oh, and if you have that Luton slut’s number...

Been to a few saunas that have reopened. Missing the sauna and steam rooms isn't ideal, but there was fairly regular enhanced cleaning at each of them, and rooms were open to social distance (or not!) in. Some places stated a maximum capacity for areas... But this is difficult to enforce in private rooms. 

Plus, I'd say a wall with a glory hole in it is much more effective than those plastic screens at checkouts everywhere 😅

I'm keen to try and support these venues where I can, though. And if anyone is doing the same and can recommend any in the South East... Let me know! 

I went to the locker room in Kennington last night. No steam or sauna, just sex. It was fine. I’ve not been for a while but noticed more cubicles and glory holes. Two slings. It wasn’t busy, no more than 12 of us, but we were all there for the same thing. There was one “sling pig” who kept occupying one of the slings but I didn’t see anyone busy with him and a few guys with “London Attitude”, but they left after a while. It was good to be able to have a shower after every session.

I enjoyed it and will go again. 

Just go, you will have fun.

• Like 2

On 9/1/2020 at 11:14 PM, mjapie1 said:

I went to the locker room in Kennington last night. No steam or sauna, just sex. It was fine. I’ve not been for a while but noticed more cubicles and glory holes. Two slings. It wasn’t busy, no more than 12 of us, but we were all there for the same thing. There was one “sling pig” who kept occupying one of the slings but I didn’t see anyone busy with him and a few guys with “London Attitude”, but they left after a while. It was good to be able to have a shower after every session.

I enjoyed it and will go again. 

Just go, you will have fun.

Good to know