"Ask Me" Hypocrite

Ranger Rick

Ha..... I agree.  Ya' just gotta love a profile on a bareback site that is full of 'ask me'..

Seriously? We are on the site because we wanna fuck.... not date.  So why not be upfront about what turns your crank? Weird.  Indeed... I bet it would be a lousy fuck if he cannot even communicate up front.... imagine trying to 'read his mind'? LOL.  Oh well, there are lots of other straight-forward profiles to pick from on BBRT... thank goodness. Cheers

I usually ignore the "Ask Me" profiles, but on occasion, I have been know to engage in one of my favorite activities: sarcasm.  Off the top of my head, here are a couple response you could throw his way.

• Invite him to view your profile but tell him nothing in it is accurate. Say that you do that to throw off the guys who ask for your stats.
  • Take "Ask Me" literally and ask random science and math questions.
  • Compliment him on using his profile as a platform for an "Ask Me" advice column. It is very selfless of him to offer to take on those nagging problems that plague gay relationships.
  • That profile was unique because it also said: "You Tell Me." sounds like the perfect opportunity to break out the tea leaves and read his fortune.

Most likely you'll get blocked if you started doing any of these, but it's not like you were expecting a real reply from him anyway.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

Guest cumlvrpig
On 9/5/2020 at 1:21 PM, funpozbottom said:

I usually ignore the "Ask Me" profiles, but on occasion, I have been know to engage in one of my favorite activities: sarcasm. 

That is a great idea. Sarcasm is great.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/12/2020 at 4:54 PM, badubydo said:

Every site I’m on, I list what I’m looking for/what I want. I put that I do not and cannot host.

Why can't more people do this? I mean being up front with a list of what they are looking for. If I read an ad and someone has a hard and fast list, I appreciate knowing instantly if there are things that immediately make it a no-go, and I can move on. It beats putting forth a reply and shooting messages back and forth before you (typically) determine they are a flake just looking for the "thrill" of having someone answer them.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, FaceLoad said:

Yes, it's a power pose. Some of the people who strike it actually have the power, but many are delusional.

To me it’s actually a sign of weakness. Lying is a sign of weakness. True power is I can be open and you will still hook up with me no matter what. 

• Like 1

On 9/5/2020 at 4:21 PM, funpozbottom said:

I usually ignore the "Ask Me" profiles, but on occasion, I have been know to engage in one of my favorite activities: sarcasm.  Off the top of my head, here are a couple response you could throw his way.

• Invite him to view your profile but tell him nothing in it is accurate. Say that you do that to throw off the guys who ask for your stats.
  • Take "Ask Me" literally and ask random science and math questions.
  • Compliment him on using his profile as a platform for an "Ask Me" advice column. It is very selfless of him to offer to take on those nagging problems that plague gay relationships.
  • That profile was unique because it also said: "You Tell Me." sounds like the perfect opportunity to break out the tea leaves and read his fortune.

Most likely you'll get blocked if you started doing any of these, but it's not like you were expecting a real reply from him anyway.

Lol I love it

• Moderators
On 9/12/2020 at 4:54 PM, badubydo said:

I just ignore any and all “ask me” profiles. 
Every site I’m on, I list what I’m looking for/what I want. I put that I do not and cannot host.

First thing they ask?

”can you host” 

I know that story... and boy, does it get old!

I'm always tempted to respond, "Well, let's see... can you read?"

• Upvote 1

lmao... i think it's funny, that the guy is being ironic.

i also suspect those who think it a "power pose" are prolly right too, since he has a pic and the one thing he does fill in is he is "athletic"  and his stats.   i wouldn't respond either way, Adonis complex is a total turn off to me, i don't give a fuck (literally) how good looking one is. If a guy is that turned on by himself, he should be content to fuck himself. 

• Upvote 1

I don't do hookups,  so I am not sure how relevant my opinion is, take it with a pound of salt.  I don't have any hookup apps on my phone.  I did have a recon, gay.com and fetlife profile at one time.  In everyone of them I very clearly said I wasn't there for hookups,  don't ask. The result was I was asked and asked till I simply deleted the accounts.  I think that there are people that can manage to overlook anything in a profile.  I also think there are people that would screw a rabid hyena as long as it was a good looking rabid hyena.  Not sure where on the curve of beauty the average   hits for hook up apps,  maybe he is counting on his looks to off set the personality?  Does personality matter in a 45 minute hook up even?  I can't say,  but a pretty bore is still a bore.

• Like 1