Downvotes.. What makes you??

DarkroomTaker

I downvote so rarely it's difficult to remember the last time I did. On the rare occasion I down vote something on any site it is because the original poster is demonstrating a complete lack of ability to know--or at least attempt to learn-- the facts of the subject and have gone into a "my feelings are just as valid as your facts" rant, which, is simply not the case.

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, BootmanLA said:

On a related topic: I've decided the "haha" reaction is the appropriate one for 'This post is such bullshit", so I expect to use it a lot often.

Mostly on the ones like "My first time ever was a gang rape by sixteen escaped convicts who were doing time for murder, all with BBCs, they made me crave BBC forever and ever afterward".

I've been using the haha reaction on Facebook for that purpose lately.

• Moderators

Moderator’s Note: A lot of the reasons you are giving for downvoting are also great reasons to report the post. Giving the staff a heads up really helps with getting misbehavior dealt with. 

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
Guest WelshBBCigarFuck

I have only downvoted once and that was when someone posted something very disparaging against something another user had posted and they way they did it was uncalled for, aggressive and rude.

I have been tempted to use the down vote but it feels rude to me or maybe I’m a coward. Also feels like a cop out when I should be using words to explain why I think the post is not appropriate or wrong. 
     There are few guys on here that need some etiquette lessons but the majority of men are supportive and respectful. 
     I feel like the down vote is being used often as sign of disagreement when it should only be used to signify an inappropriate comment. 

• Like 1

I never down voted here.   I left two other sites because a number of my uploads were down voted immediately upon it going live.   I seen it as very discouraging, and viewed the members doing it as ungrateful and unappreciative of the efforts of others to upload original videos, stories, and pics.   I must admit it is part of the reason I have not shared much here other than comments.