What are you chances of getting herpes from topping a guy who has an open sore?

Hey guys, a guy I'm interested in topping recently sent some videos of him in a 3 way and in the videos it looked like he might have an open sore on his anus. It's possible it might just be a fissure, but assuming that it is an an open sore from herpes, what is the likelihood of me contracting it if I were to top him bare?

Is there any CDC or scientific research/studies on this topic at all that can be referenced? I know the CDC has an HIV risk estimator tool ( [think before following links] https://hivrisk.cdc.gov/risk-estimator-tool/ ). Just curious if they have a similar tool for estimating the likelihood of genital herpes transmission from receptive and penetrative anal sex?

I fully understand I might get  herpes if I top him bare (or covered), I'm just curious what the likelihood is bare.

I don't think there is any way to quantify the risk, as in "You have a 27.4% chance of....".

In this case, here's the thing. You see a sore, but you don't know whether it's herpes or not. If it is, you have at least a moderate risk of contracting it. If it's not, obviously you don't.

If it matters, ask. Ask in general terms ("I prefer full disclosure - do you have any STIs, so that I can plan accordingly?"). Your plan may include declining to fuck him if he says "Oh yeah, I have herpes and it seems to always be acting up."

Of course, you can't know if he's telling the truth if he says he has none. So as long as you know this MIGHT be a herpes sore and he MIGHT be experiencing an outbreak and you MIGHT get infected if you do fuck -- then make your decision accordingly. 

• Like 1

You can be asymptotic and still shed the virus. An outbreak is not required.

Generally, if you have HSV1 you’ll probably not get HSV2 and vice versa. I had neither until I contracted HSV1 near my asshole from an asymptotic carrier giving me a rimjob.

Herpes is hard to avoid I’m afraid.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
Guest hungandmean

If you're serious about having sex with them i'd like to add you, and him, can both take prophylactic Valtrex/Valacyclovir. 

It'll lower his chance of transmission if he does have it - and will, from what I understand, lower your chance of getting it.

The medication can be hard on your liver in daily doses, so it's usually used to treat HSV at the first sign of infection - but has been used as a way of lowering risk of exposure with partners who have HSV.