Where is Riverfk?

Not sure where else to post this.  Does anyone know if Riverfk is ok?  He hasn't been on here since June 5, and we had not exchanged any other way to get a hold of each other.  I am worried.

Guest CuriousDallas

My hunch is they’ve been driven off by some of the trolls on here that take potshots at anyone who gets too popular. I’ve been in couple dustups now where the moderator had to get involved. I’m just here to have fun but some self-appointed sheriffs want to send hateful emails, post snarky comments, and general try and make life miserable. I’ve stopped posting for the most part and asked to have my account deactivated but for some reason they have so far refused to do so. I don’t need to post here and am content to live my life and have fun without the shitty smack downs from the trolls who want to censor everything. My hunch is they decided to do the same.

4 hours ago, CuriousDallas said:

My hunch is they’ve been driven off by some of the trolls on here that take potshots at anyone who gets too popular. I’ve been in couple dustups now where the moderator had to get involved. I’m just here to have fun but some self-appointed sheriffs want to send hateful emails, post snarky comments, and general try and make life miserable. I’ve stopped posting for the most part and asked to have my account deactivated but for some reason they have so far refused to do so. I don’t need to post here and am content to live my life and have fun without the shitty smack downs from the trolls who want to censor everything. My hunch is they decided to do the same.

I am sorry to hear about this.  I wondered why you had stopped posting.  It's truly sad that others go out of their way to ruin others' time here. I wonder if those individuals are jealous of you. Thanks for sharing some of the experiences you had.  They were fun to read! 😀

• Like 2

On 9/23/2020 at 11:49 AM, CuriousDallas said:

Please don't let others run you off. Your stories are great. Letting them run you off lets them win and bully's should never win. 

Guest CuriousDallas

Part of the problem is this site. You can’t block people, can’t edit or take down posts, there’s not editorial capability and no way to screen out trolls or delete their hateful posts. It’s just not user friendly, all of which is the kiss of death for a content-driven site. It’s archaic...DataLounge in the age of TikTok 

4 hours ago, CuriousDallas said:

Part of the problem is this site. You can’t block people, can’t edit or take down posts, there’s not editorial capability and no way to screen out trolls or delete their hateful posts. It’s just not user friendly, all of which is the kiss of death for a content-driven site. It’s archaic...DataLounge in the age of TikTok 

You can ignore people - thus not seeing their posts (hateful or not). I'm not sure whether that means they don't see your posts, as well.

Very few message board systems I've used allow people to edit or delete their posts more than a minute or so after posting, because otherwise you'd have people posting inflammatory comments and then changing or deleting them before getting written up.

Or editing posts to remove things they'd stated as facts, that contradict other things they'd stated as facts elsewhere on the site, which contradicted (in a different way) other things they'd stated as facts in still other places, all on the same site. I'm strongly supportive of only the administrators/moderators being able to remove or alter content as they see necessary under the rules.

7 hours ago, CuriousDallas said:

Limitations aside - and they are significant- don’t let the bastards grind you down. I love reading about your sexual adventures and missed that the past few weeks.

The negative Karen’s are alway the loudest. 

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, CuriousDallas said:

I have really missed your posts... don't let them drive you away.

• Upvote 1

On 9/23/2020 at 4:49 PM, CuriousDallas said:

I have loved reading your posts and stories. It's a shame if some negative dickheads are ruining it for you.

You all know that Riverfk and I had a special connection.  I could never get him to do more than chat with me, but he was awesome.  Even invited him to come here, but he seemed to be content just chatting on here.  I miss him a lot. 😢