There was an site software upgrade

rawTOP

• Moderators

Thanks for all you do, sexy!! Things look pretty good on my system (Firefox 80.0.1 on Windows 10). Everything seems to be working fine. A couple of tiny cosmetic annoyances I've noticed:

The base font sizes are so much larger that the number of items that can be shown on the screen is rather small. This is probably great for using the site on a mobile device, and not so much on my desktop. It might be nice if the base font size dropped down a notch when the multi-column display kicks in on the responsive design.

There are duplicated dropdown carets in the "Other" and "Activity" menu bar items.

In the page selector bar, the selected page number is obliterated (white on white):

image.png.f95dda04282250c4a1b6b2916699ce28.png

Edited by viking8x6
added page selector comment and screenshot

2 hours ago, Hairypdxpig69 said:

There notifications section has changed, for some things, that is when you hit the button that looks like the earth..it is now 2/3 of the screen with 1/3 of the screen taken up by other information but only at the top, on the rest 1/3 of the screen is blank. Not sure if this was deliberate? I don’t like this format as you have too scroll a lot more to read anything, which is no fun as you read and are excited.....

I’m using an iPad

Also seeing this on Mac OS 10.15.6 / Safari 13.1.2

20 hours ago, FFpigboi said:

Not sure if it's just me or other people also have the notification bell covered by the X button in the top menu bar. It's on chrome on my phone (android)

20200915_155820.jpg

You can put the menu at the bottom if the screen for mobile devices, and that seems to fix that problem. 

On 9/15/2020 at 4:01 PM, FFpigboi said:

Not sure if it's just me or other people also have the notification bell covered by the X button in the top menu bar. It's on chrome on my phone (android)

20200915_155820.jpg

This is the same on my Android phone. Even with it being on the bottom.

• rawTOP locked and unlocked this topic
  • Administrators

The problem with the notification bell icon being obscured by an X button should be fixed now.

Ditto for the hard to read tag names.

And lastly I fixed the white-on-white active pagination button.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

• rawTOP unpinned, unfeatured, locked and unlocked this topic
  • rawTOP locked this topic
  • rawTOP unlocked this topic
  • Administrators
7 hours ago, Look4fun4me said:

Using Chrome.

When reading an Unread topic since last time I was on, it use to take me to the new replies to the topics. Now it takes me to the first page and I have no idea what has been posted since the last time I read the topic. I have to guess at the page.

In the list of threads you'll see a red circle or star to the left of the thread title. Click that and it will take you to the first unread message. My recollection is that that's how it's always worked – it's just the icon changed.

16 hours ago, rawTOP said:

In the list of threads you'll see a red circle or star to the left of the thread title. Click that and it will take you to the first unread message. My recollection is that that's how it's always worked – it's just the icon changed.

Nope. I use to just click on the title. It's ok. As long as there is a way to see the new posts.

Thanks!

15 minutes ago, Look4fun4me said:

Nope. I use to just click on the title. It's ok. As long as there is a way to see the new posts.

Thanks!

Clicking on the title always took you (under the old software) to the first post in a topic. There used to be little "cartoon speech balloons" next to topics with new posts (actually, "hollow" balloons for no new posts; solid balloons for ones with new posts).

As I'd pointed out in a separate topic, in the old software, though, clicking on the balloons did different things depending on whether you were pointing at a particular thread, or at a topic board. If it was for a particular thread, it took you to the new posts directly. If it was for a forum or sub-forum, it marked the entire forum or sub-forum as "read". The new system is much clearer because it doesn't use one symbol for two different actions depending on context.

FYI, RawTop mentioned "red dot" and "red star". A red dot means new posts in a topic. A red star means new posts in a topic WHERE YOU HAVE ALREADY POSTED, so you know it's something you have already had an interest in and may wish to check out.

• Upvote 1

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.