Hiv transmittion risk even I'M on Prep

rawtuscany

Hello , I'm on prep ( on demand) since one year

there's this amazing guy that want to fuck me , he is Poz but since a while he stopped medication. so far is viral load counting is 7000

I'm very attracted to him and I want make bottom me with him. How much will be the risk even if I'm taking prep? Is there more chance to be infected even if I'm on prep with his viral count high?

thank you

Risks like this cannot be expressed numerically. Suffice it to say that if you are taking prep on demand, your risk is higher than if you were on it daily.

Because he is not on meds, your risk is also elevated because of that factor.

Again, you can't say it's 2 times greater or 4 times greater or any other number - it's just 'more than' or 'less than'. So far, everything you've mentioned pushes you into the "more risky" category. 

On 9/18/2020 at 11:33 PM, BootmanLA said:

Risks like this cannot be expressed numerically. Suffice it to say that if you are taking prep on demand, your risk is higher than if you were on it daily.

Because he is not on meds, your risk is also elevated because of that factor.

Again, you can't say it's 2 times greater or 4 times greater or any other number - it's just 'more than' or 'less than'. So far, everything you've mentioned pushes you into the "more risky" category. 

He said it best overall in this case since you're taking it "as you see fit", compared to the recommended daily regiment.  If you're taking it daily as it's instructed, then that risk is lower overall, but that doesn't mean it can't happen either.   Had the guy been Undetectable, then you'd be fine without worry, but with him being at a higher load count he's got a higher chance to somehow seep in a couple drops that could affect you.  No true guarantees in whatever direction you take, but it's all up to you on whether you want to have fun with him or not.

• 4 weeks later...