Nipple Piercing

Sharp-edge

Apart from the PA which I'm really looking forward to do.. I'm also interesting in nipple piercing. But my nipples are inverted, I post you a picture to see but from the photoshooting process they got a little erected and they came out.. so this is how it looks when stimulated I suppose... I just want information about the pain, the healing periods etc etc
Do you think it would suit my nipple a piercing? :P

I literally got mine pierced around 8 weeks ago. Only one of them though.

The piercing process is simple enough, mine used a cold spray before to numb it slightly. It hurts but only for like 30 seconds. After it's a bit of a background pain that lingers for a few hours.

After that, there was sensitivity when pressure was applied but that is expected.

The first few nights I wore a cotton pad over it to sleep on, alternatively you can wear a top to bed.

I didn't bleed during the piercing process but it went a bit crazy over the first couple nights.

I naturally sleep on my front , so this proved to be an issue for a couple weeks. I found sleeping with a pillow on that side very helpful.

You must not change it for at least 6 weeks, however this depends on healing. Mine seems to have done very well on the healing in 8 week, but it's still sensitive and I haven't been able to change it yet. You'll find you may need up to 6 months for healing.

My partner had his done at the same time, except he caught it on a bit of plastic trim on a plane flight we were on, when he was squeezing past someone to get to the restroom. This pretty much undid a lot of the healing and started bleeding quite a lot. You need to be extra vigilant not to get it caught, or it'll fucking hurt!

I'd be tempted to have the second done but I'm happy for now ;).

You need to get it done and over with!

PA - I wouldn't wanna go there lol! Personal preference though!

X

On men, the piercing often goes behind the actual nipple. Mine were done with straight bars which actually pushed the nipple out. Some smaller nips may be done with a curved bar. Talk to your piercer about what you want, what kind of long term jewelry you want after healing, any stretching, etc etc. the piercer' job is to make you happy with being shiny.

In terms of pain, mine did hurt a fair amount. They were achy for a few days.

I find it important to be in a zen state, relax for deep smooth breaths, pain is temporary, focus on your breath and let go of tension, tension worsens any pain. It's part of the experience and is about living in the moment. Breathe and experience.

I've been pierced 9 times, both nips in one session. I took one nip ring out, it closed and I had it redone. In my experience, tongue hurt most, then nips, frenum, PA, ears then labret. The labret surprised me- pinch and it was in. Everyone is different, though.

Good luck! Let us know how things go!

• Upvote 1

Getting your nipples pierced does hurt but you've experienced worse in your life. Nipple tissue is denser than skin elsewhere and it takes a bit more effort to push the piercing needle through. My piercer (a very experienced man at Palm Springs Piercing Company -- highly recommended!) had me take a deep breath and blow it out. By the time I had finished exhaling, it was over with. Then repeat on the other side.

In the days after, I'd describe them feeling more tender than achy. No bleeding after the first couple minutes. I avoided sleeping on my stomach for the rest of the week and you'll want to be careful about knocking into them for a few weeks while they heal. Basically treat it just like any other minor cut or injury. If you're uncomfortable, have an ibuprofen tablet. It's not bad, really.

Salt water soaks helped speed healing and felt great. (Fill a coffee mug with very warm tap water and dissolve a pinch of sea salt. Bend forward, put the mug over your nipple, then sit back up and hold it there for about 5 minutes per side. Ahhhh....!)

Follow your piercer's after-care instructions for cleaning, etc., and you'll have no problems.

Like Ddawg, getting my nips pierced made them more prominent. BTW, I love nipple play and it's only gotten better since having mine pierced.

Good luck.

• 2 years later...