For Poz Tops, ever lied about your status before fucking?

colletonguy

I'm a huge bareback fan but because of a lot of reasons, the cost of medications I hear about definitely being one of them, I'm doing my best to remain negative. I use condoms on most encounters and have only a couple of guys I bareback with. I met another guy online a few months ago and after chatting awhile he seemed honest and open, so we barebacked, and it was hot. He's a great top and filled me up with a nice load. I'd like to add a few more barebacking tops to my FB list. I know any barebacking puts me at some risk, but am I really minimizing the risk by asking the right questions? I know all it would take would be one top that lied about his status to change mine. How many, if any tops have lied about their status before fucking a guy bare?

I am sorry if I am blunt. But you are not minimizing the risk, you are deluding yourself.

The guy that is fucking you might be poz and not know it, he then has a higher viral load than an undetectable guy, who is poz, but is on meds. Paradoxically, the guy that thinks is neg is MUCH more likely to infect you than a honest poz guy who is on meds.

It is not necessarily about honesty, even if guys never lied you'd still be in great risk.

I agree that once you bareback, especially as a bottom, HIV is a high risk. And it's not that tops are dishonest about their status. I'm sure that many "tops" have been in situations where their either too drunk or too stoned to remember the time someone fucked them. Or the top dosn't want to remember that he gets fucked once in a while. What I'm saying is that is not a matter of honesty, but rather the whole HIV issue is very difficult to control because of the "window period" (3 months now).

If you want to minimize the risk, then get into a monog relationship and bareback within that. Even then, that's not 0 risk, as there is always the chance of your partner cheating and bringing something home.

IMO - guys who go online looking for BB sex and are expecting their partners to be either 100% sure of their status or 100% of their status are deluding themselves. Even if they are not intentionally being ignorant of their status, if they are taking part in high-risk behaviour they simply don't know. They could have tested negative 2 months ago, converted since then and are now sporting a high viral load and highly infectious - while they might not be trying to be purposefully deceptive about their status, they can't know for sure.

You can try to minimize the risks, but going bareback out of a committed relationship is going to be high-risk, especially if you are being a bottom.

Colletonguy,

Take a look at the 'fantasy' stories here and then ask yourself the same question that you're asking here on this forum. There are many guys that are poz that just want to get off, and have no regard for their partners. There are even more that don't know they are poz and love BB sex, just like we all do. Then there are those that tested Neg yesterday and actually are poz cause the test is only good from the time you actually had your blood drawn and the results normally come back in ten days to two weeks(unless you get a rapid test, which is not always reliable) which means if you have BB's since the draw, you could have been exposed!

The only way to totally protect yourself is to masturbate. The next best way is to not have BB sex with anyone, after that, all bets are off. I don't think that most of the guys online that are poz, would stealth you but you need to examine what it is you want and what risks you are willing to take. HIV is not what it was years ago but its still a pain to deal with and there are those few that meds will not work for. Eyes Wide Open!