Chicago Renames Iconic LGBTQ ‘Boystown’ Neighborhood Over Concerns Name Was Not Inclusive Of Women

Ranger Rick

Guest beardedbastard
9 minutes ago, C10H15N said:

Little by little every bit of our history and identity as gay men is being eliminated in the name of political correctness. 

I guess if it's not worth remembering then it wasn't worth much to begin with.  

Agreed. Gotta love that feminism. 

nice to see another gun owner on here. 

Guest bluecollarotter
22 minutes ago, C10H15N said:

I'm surprised the male only bathhouses have lasted as long as they have.  COVID may the excuse the angry vaginas need to close them for good.  

Aptly put!...angry vaginas................ 😆

The classic male bathhouse is in many ways, the ONE place where men can be men, and where so many of us took our first venture into who we really are

6 minutes ago, bluecollarotter said:

The classic male bathhouse is in many ways, the ONE place where men can be men, and where so many of us took our first venture into who we really are

Who we really are is now Toxic, Unacceptable, and Offensive.  But never fear, Ze will fix that.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, C10H15N said:

I'm surprised the male only bathhouses have lasted as long as they have.  COVID may the excuse the angry vaginas need to close them for good.  

I don’t think lesbians care/want to be included in a male sex houses. I think your bathhouses are safe 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

20 minutes ago, Tavros said:

I don’t think lesbians care/want to be included in a male sex houses. I think your bathhouses are safe 

Who said anything about lesbians?  I'm talking about Third Wave Feminists who only see you as the Patriarchy.  They don't give a fuck that you're gay. 

• Upvote 2

19 hours ago, drscorpio said:

It happened pretty quickly and without a lot of apparent push back. Hopefully, that means it is for the best. If the name had only been around 25-30 years, it is hardly a big loss of history. 

Actually there was a HUGE PUSHBACK. The Turds on the Board ignored initial petitions that wanted the name kept. They did their own survey and admitted they went AGAINST OVERWHELMING sentiment. 58% said Definitely keep the name and 80%!!! said they had no problem with the name. We will see how much business and Donation money they get from festivals. Those donations go straight into their organizations pockets. I certainly won't ever pay the $10 donation again. And in Chicago since they are held on streets I pay for it is strictly optional.

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, chibtm2breed said:

Actually there was a HUGE PUSHBACK. The Turds on the Board ignored initial petitions that wanted the name kept. They did their own survey and admitted they went AGAINST OVERWHELMING sentiment. 58% said Definitely keep the name and 80%!!! said they had no problem with the name. We will see how much business and Donation money they get from festivals. Those donations go straight into their organizations pockets. I certainly won't ever pay the $10 donation again. And in Chicago since they are held on streets I pay for it is strictly optional.

I'm sure that if you'd done a survey in 1858, the overwhelming majority of people surveyed in southern states would have been just perfectly fine with keeping slavery.

I'm sure that a survey done in 1945 in southern states would have shown a huge majority in support of Jim Crow laws.

No, the nickname for a neighborhood isn't like slavery or discriminatory laws. But the point is, a significant number - a minority, but nonetheless a significant one - found the name exclusionary. And given how that minority - females - have had a long, long history of being excluded from pretty much everywhere that matters; and given that nobody's actually HARMED by changing the name - a name that (as noted) is not particularly grounded in history; it seems to me to be awfully churlish to insist on hanging on to it, even more when it's under the dubious rubric of "women ruining everything".

When I first started hearing stories about how much misogyny there was within the gay community, some decades back, I thought surely that must be an artifact of an earlier time. But threads like this remind me it's alive and well.

• Like 3
  • Downvote 1

• Moderators
1 hour ago, chibtm2breed said:

I stand corrected. 

Guest carstenPOZ
6 hours ago, bluecollarotter said:

Aptly put!...angry vaginas................ 😆

Hi bluecollarotter, thanks for your very important comment,  yes male bathhouse has helped so many of us supporting and shaping our male-gay identity and for myself also was a huge bareback-only inspiration source 

16 hours ago, BootmanLA said:

When I first started hearing stories about how much misogyny there was within the gay community, some decades back, I thought surely that must be an artifact of an earlier time. But threads like this remind me it's alive and well.

If not wanting women to have anything to do with the thoughts, interest, execution, or expression of my sexuality is misogynistic, then so be it.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1