Chicago Renames Iconic LGBTQ ‘Boystown’ Neighborhood Over Concerns Name Was Not Inclusive Of Women

Ranger Rick

3 hours ago, cumbbear said:

If it had been named 'girlstown' there would never have been an issue raised.  Just sayin.  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I'd posit that never in the history of the United States has there ever been a neighborhood given that moniker, because women have never had the clout to separate a space for themselves

Political correctness is America's newest form of intolerance, and it is especially pernicious because it comes disguised as tolerance. It presents itself as fairness, yet attempts to restrict and control people's language with strict codes and rigid rules. I'm not sure that's the way to fight discrimination. I'm not sure silencing people or forcing them to alter their speech is the best method for solving problems that go much deeper than speech. - George Carlin

• Like 4

It is interesting reading this thread. This is how political correctness works: eventually the SJW's turn on each other and start to eat their own. I've been to and had an incredibly good time in Boystown. But eventually, the 4th time I was there, I was told: "You're not gay! You simply can't be gay because you are (*gasp*) a conservative! Suddenly I wasn't welcome in a community I had been before. Now it has come full circle. If it wasn't so damn serious and hurtful to so many, it would be hilarious.

On 10/1/2020 at 11:52 AM, wood said:

You are incorrect sir, 20% felt unwelcome by the name “boystown”  

[think before following links] [think before following links] https://www.chicagotribune.com/lifestyles/ct-life-boystown-name-change-tt-09232020-20200923-wv2z5wyounau3owtjvcc6ac4dy-story.html

I used to live in Chicago, and speaking to my friends there, no one really cares, it will still be known as boystown, just like the sears tower. 

Read it again. I confirmed the 20% number.

On 9/30/2020 at 6:10 PM, raw773 said:

I respect your view and your freedom free to miss the point. But if you think the straights are running the show here, you don't know Boystown.

I think you’re mischaracterizing his argument.

• Like 1

Biden said "Inshallah" during the debate (it was discussed widely, you can look it up). We have reached a point where "liberal" presidential campaigners are now using ISIS dog-whistles during his most important public appearance of the year.

The Democrats have been sucking up to Islam for a total of 19 years now (as of this September). That's so long, they can probably barely any other thing in life. If you think "renaming something" is the worst thing that is going to be asked of American gays in a hypothetical Biden administration, you have an extremely limited scope for your world view and your imagination is so crippled and puny it should have a disabled parking permit.

Edited by mk-ultra
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, mk-ultra said:

Biden said "Inshallah" during the debate (it was discussed widely, you can look it up). We have reached a point where "liberal" presidential campaigners are now using ISIS dog-whistles during his most important public appearance of the year.

People say "God bless you" incessantly in this country. One use of an Arabic (or alternatively, Farsi) word used in Islam and you shit your pants in anger.

People who aren't rabid Islamophobes know that "Inshallah" literally means "if God wills it". Colloquially, in both languages, it also means "Ain't never gonna happen". I'd suggest you ask anyone who speaks Arabic or Farsi, but I'm pretty sure you don't know anyone.

In this context, it's like a kid who hasn't read the class material all year, done none of the homework, and missed half the classes saying he'll pass, barely, "if God wills it" - in other words, it ain't gonna happen.

Which is exactly what Biden meant. It was in response to Trump once again claiming he paid millions of dollars in taxes but he'll have to show the returns "later". 

Inshallah.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, FascinatingForce said:

No-one, absolutely no-one says "if god wills it", there is no granny on US soil old enough to say that. The last person who probably said that was Abe Lincoln himself. Or his grandmother. So why would you say it in a foreign language? He just wanted to say SOMETHING in Arabic to signal that he's an ISIS cypher. And rub it in sane people's faces.

Ahem. I said that was what "Inshallah" means in Arabic and Farsi. I did not say people here routinely say "if god wills it".  That said, I hear "God willing" (which is exactly the same thing) all the time. Maybe where you live, there aren't a lot of people who believe in a god, I dunno. But it's not an uncommon phrase.

In any event: you've been told what the word means in both Arabic and Farsi. What do YOU think he meant by it? Do you think it's like "420" as code for pot, or "Tina" as code for crystal meth? I'm curious what your deranged mind "thinks" (used in quotes since there's no thought apparently involved).

Since 90+% of American debate viewers are, um.... not Arabs, why would he speak to them in Arabic? The only reason he could have had for doing so, is a stupid silly or nefarious one.

Feeling triggered yet?

It was a signal to all the feral Mudslimes in the US (and those wishing to invade/rape/pillage  the US under the fake banner of being "refugees") and he was saying "I'm with you guys. Just hold on. Just a few more months, then I'll abolish that evil horrible "age of consent" laws that always get ya! Yes sireee, hopefully by next March every single street corner in the US will have a group of Muslim immigrants on it, taking turns to rape a white American toddler. Yes siree bob, it'll be oh-so-progressive!"

Biden is a terrorist-supporting pedophile and so are you.

Says the supporter of the candidate who has actual allegations of pedophilia against him. Says the supporter of the candidate who cavorted regularly with a known pedophile. Says the supporter of the candidate who bragged about how "stacked" his daughter was and how "if she wasn't my daughter I'd probably be dating her".

Projection is a terrible affliction, buddy, but there is help. See a therapist.

Furthermore, you are sitting here castigating me for not knowing FOREIGN phrases mean. you're like "OH MY LIKE GOOOOD, WHAT KIND OF IDIOT DOESN'T SPEND HIS ENTIRE LIFE FAWNING OVER FARSI! OH MY LIKE, GAAAAAAAAAAWD! SO REGRESSIVE! I BET YOU HAVEN'T EVEN MASTURBATED TO A *SINGLE* VIDEO OF ISIS SOLDIERS RAPING TODDLERS IN LIKE, YOUR ENTIRE LIIIIIIIFE! YOU'RE LIKE, SOOOOOO UNCULTURED, NON-COMRADE".

Seriously, dude, you're becoming (okay, not becoming, just "are") unhinged. You're Baker Act material.

On 10/4/2020 at 7:12 PM, 11bi11guy said:

“God willing.” As in, I’ll be able to shit on Trump’s grave sooner rather than later, god willing.

More Politically Correct Nonsense you are posting, You hate Gay men, fine stay out of my neighborhood Boystown.

• Like 1

On 10/5/2020 at 5:29 PM, BootmanLA said:

Ahem. I said that was what "Inshallah" means in Arabic and Farsi. I did not say people here routinely say "if god wills it".  That said, I hear "God willing" (which is exactly the same thing) all the time. Maybe where you live, there aren't a lot of people who believe in a god, I dunno. But it's not an uncommon phrase.

In any event: you've been told what the word means in both Arabic and Farsi. What do YOU think he meant by it? Do you think it's like "420" as code for pot, or "Tina" as code for crystal meth? I'm curious what your deranged mind "thinks" (used in quotes since there's no thought apparently involved).

Feeling triggered yet?

Says the supporter of the candidate who has actual allegations of pedophilia against him. Says the supporter of the candidate who cavorted regularly with a known pedophile. Says the supporter of the candidate who bragged about how "stacked" his daughter was and how "if she wasn't my daughter I'd probably be dating her".

Projection is a terrible affliction, buddy, but there is help. See a therapist.

Seriously, dude, you're becoming (okay, not becoming, just "are") unhinged. You're Baker Act material.

Wow, Sad you are intolerant.