Spam in Private Messages

drscorpio

• rawTOP pinned and featured this topic
  • Administrators

The spam reports really do help. We can block the spammer's IP and reduce problems in the future.

In the meantime I've figured out the period of the attack – there was a flood of registrations over a 9 hour period. I've deleted over 600 people who registered during that time. There were probably a few that were legit that got deleted. Sorry if you were one of the few legits who got deleted.

• Administrators

I just also deleted all private messages from those 9 hours. You may see message threads with no messages as a result. (Too tired/drunk to get it right). I'll clean things up on Monday morning.

• Administrators

The attack is continuing. I've deleted another ~300 new registrations (apologies to the few new members who were legit who got deleted). I've also deleted over 16,000 private messages that were from users who've been deleted. Most of those will be spam messages.

Also – "new members" are no longer allowed to send any messages. Hopefully the spammers will realize it's now pointless to join. But I expect the next thing they'll do is try to do spam posts in the forum hoping to get to the next level of membership where they can send messages – though that will NOT get them to the next level of membership.

Please continue to report any spam you see.

• Like 2

• rawTOP unfeatured and unpinned this topic
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.