Explain This...

BlackDude

I mean, most folks don’t want and STD, but if you are this paranoid, why are you on a bareback website? Why do a Quick Ad in BBRT with the requirement “you must show recent test results?” How does that even work?!? I suspect the dude may be married, but if he is, another example of a dude wanting the benefits of gay life without rest that comes with it.

695D6796-A2E4-4195-9FE4-B7FD45EF1D94.jpeg

• Like 2

Ridiculous!!! I agree, this dude is in a relationship and hiding it!  There is no other alternative. He could be on PReP if he wanted and other STDs are easily treatable if you are not chasing. No doubt in my mind; he’s cheating on someone. Sorry way to go through life. 

Poor guy. He really thinks he is going to score a hot guy who is only going to cum in his hole? hahahahahahahaha 🤣 That negative test is basically good for one fuck. Seriously, the QuickConnect ad on BBRT is the wrong strategy. He really needs to get on a regular chat site and chat with guys and ask his target if he barebacks. On BBRT, with this ad, he is fishing in the wrong pond with the wrong bait. 

• Like 1

I have two feelings about this screenshot; bear with me, I'm in agreement with the OP that it's not the best ad out there.

On the one hand, there's nothing wrong with the guy openly discussion his regular STI checks, nor is it a bad idea to be interested in other guys who get regular tests.  We all accept that STI's are part of the territory of barebacking, but there's still some level of being responsible with one's health.  While his method isn't foolproof, it's not totally unreasonable.

Where I do take issue is the manner in which he's going about this.  I do think this guy is under the impression that his "demands" are a be-all, end-all solution.  Even on a recent test, this guy has no assurances of his target having contracted something from someone in the intervening time period (even if the negative test was a few days ago).  It's possible he's looking for some side piece(s) from his partner, but I've encountered single guys who are similarly skittish about catching anything.  

I think the guy in the screenshot prob gets more action than we're giving him credit for.  The fact that his profile is worded the way it is means he's managed to luck out to this point.  I'd be curious to see what changes if his fail-safe method actually fails and he contracts something - even if it's something treatable.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, LetsPOZBreed said:

While his method isn't foolproof, it's not totally unreasonable.

Sorry, but yeah, it pretty much is. It's the equivalent of going out in an off-again/on-again rain without an umbrella or hat and saying you're going to just avoid the rainy spurts. Your odds of remaining dry are about the same as his odds of staying safe.

I'm with all the others: PrEP is too widely available - with financial help, if need be - for someone to be taking these kinds of risks unless he's afraid the PrEP would disclose that he's having sex with someone other than a partner. 

I think it’s very possible that he’s in a relationship and not on PrEP, but nothing in the ad either explicitly says those things or makes them implicitly certain. It’s also very possible that he’s single and/or on PrEP and just wants to be very careful.

It’s the sanctimonious tone of the post that puts me off, the whole “You are welcome” thing...

That alone is enough to ensure I would never want to meet this guy.

I don’t know if I’m the only one, but I’m tired at being preached and shouted at by people sitting astride their moral high horses these days, in every aspect of life.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 3

Going on to a hookup site/app of any kind and insisting on disease (i.e. STI) free guys is absurd and demonstrates a complete lack of understanding (as most of America has done with coronavirus) of how various infections (in this case sexually transmitted ones) work. A large number of guys on such sites are promiscuous sex hounds like myself that are constantly having sex, especially in group use settings like clubs, baths and resorts. First, STI's all have a period in which the infected person is contagious, but symptom free, so a negative test a week ago isn't going to do mean anything if you were at a bathhouse taking three dozen guys or helping other tops share a guy and pass him around over the weekend. Second, several STI's, such chlamydia, can be occur in a person who is totally asymptomatic and, without testing will have no idea they are carrying the infection until it reaches advanced stages. 

When we engage with frequent anonymous partners we do so on the belief that they are being responsible and being tested frequently. Pre-coronavirus I was tested monthly, especially right before attending big events like CLAW, Folsom, IML, etc. to ensure I was keeping myself and the massive number of partners I would have in me as safe as possible.  Such testing by ALL of us helps minimize the presence of STI's so we can play with the general certainty we are not going to catch or spread STI's ourselves. 

The effects of testing and a testing focused sex life is very apparent in the gay community, thanks to AIDS in the 1980's-90's. Getting tested was drilled into us and we manwhores dutifully get tested. Contrast this to the heterosexual community where testing has not been drilled in in the same way as AIDS was viewed as a gay thing and sex is still very much [banned word] DL stuff that does not enjoy the openness you find with it among gay males. As an example, I attended CLAW in April 2019, as well as the 10 days of Pig Week (Nov-Dec). I enjoyed several hundred sex partners fucking, fisting and milking me between the two. Number of STI's from either event: zero. In between, I attended Furry Weekend Atlanta (yeah, I'm a leather pup and a Furry, but would expect less from a sex beast like myself?) in May. Not counting a fisting and huge bad-dragon toy focused room party I went to, nearly all the guys I had cock in mouth/ass sex with--and it was only about a dozen--were bisexual (one even let his gf watch). Number of STI's from that event: two.

17 hours ago, Spunkinmyarse said:

It’s the sanctimonious tone of the post that puts me off, the whole “You are welcome” thing...

That alone is enough to ensure I would never want to meet this guy.

I don’t know if I’m the only one, but I’m tired at being preached and shouted at by people sitting astride their moral high horses these days, in every aspect of life.

Exactly. so tired of these people judging the gay lifestyle and they have these loveless, screwed up relationships and marriages. 

And this may be pure projection, but this seems like the type of dude who talks a lot of trash about gays and the gay lifestyle then had guilt ridden sex with the “diseased gays” he talks about in front of his friends and family.