Newby

Guest Iamme

How long until I can send messages and react to posts? When I try to message someone it says I have 0 messages available to send. It's getting boring not being able to communicate with anyone, especially dom guys. 

The exact formulas for how many posts and how long a member = how much freedom to participate aren't published anywhere. The site owner set that up, presumably deliberately, to prevent people from gaming the system to try to get to higher levels faster (to then cause trouble).

The universal recommendation is to keep posting and participate in the forums. Find things that interest you and comment on them. The more you do, and the longer you do it, the faster you "level up" (in gaming terms). Your posts don't have to be masterpieces of insightful thought, but you'll get a better reputation, I suspect (even if it doesn't directly impact your level) if you put a bit of thought into what you write.

The thing about this site is that it's not primarily, at heart, a hook-up site. There is a personals section, divided geographically, but most of the interactions are topical and discussion-based rather than "looking for someone to fill this hole". That's why the system requires participation in order to advance to the levels where you can interact more directly with other members. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BootmanLA said:

The exact formulas for how many posts and how long a member = how much freedom to participate aren't published anywhere. The site owner set that up, presumably deliberately, to prevent people from gaming the system to try to get to higher levels faster (to then cause trouble).

The universal recommendation is to keep posting and participate in the forums. Find things that interest you and comment on them. The more you do, and the longer you do it, the faster you "level up" (in gaming terms). Your posts don't have to be masterpieces of insightful thought, but you'll get a better reputation, I suspect (even if it doesn't directly impact your level) if you put a bit of thought into what you write.

The thing about this site is that it's not primarily, at heart, a hook-up site. There is a personals section, divided geographically, but most of the interactions are topical and discussion-based rather than "looking for someone to fill this hole". That's why the system requires participation in order to advance to the levels where you can interact more directly with other members. 

Thanks! 

8 hours ago, Xantan said:

How long until I can send messages and react to posts? When I try to message someone it says I have 0 messages available to send. It's getting boring not being able to communicate with anyone, especially dom guys. 

I felt the same frustration at first, but as @BootmanLA rightly advises, just participating does build up a reputation. This is a unique site of likeminded guys from all over the world. Sadly, the nature of it could lend itself to abuse and I’m glad those restraints are in place. Keep engaging and you’ll find things loosening up (as it were...)

5 minutes ago, RawPlug said:

I felt the same frustration at first, but as @BootmanLA rightly advises, just participating does build up a reputation. This is a unique site of likeminded guys from all over the world. Sadly, the nature of it could lend itself to abuse and I’m glad those restraints are in place. Keep engaging and you’ll find things loosening up (as it were...)

Thank you!