Matt & Dan's sexual adventures

raw773

Just as a point of interest, while the ‘statute of limitations’ may have ‘expired’ on the implications of whatever sexual hijinks the pair may have gotten into, what has not expired is their copyright to the content. Without their express permission, it is a violation of copyright law to repost it anywhere. They can; anyone else can’t.

Just because the original creator of content is no longer publishing, or online, or still in a relationship, or breathing, doesn’t matter - the content still isn’t fair game. Just because you can’t locate the person to get permission doesn’t mean you can go ahead - it means you can’t. And if the content is the joint work of two or more people, as appears to be the case here, each has an equal, separate interest in the copyright. I just had to buy out the copyright interest of a collaborator on a book I’ve been writing just so I could effectively sell my own copyright to the book.

This goes for any other content, whether written text or visual, that you may find posted. Just because you have the ability to copy or save a file does not mean you have the right to use that file yourself for another purpose (beyond fapping). If a content creator makes it clear that the file is released to public use, you can use the content freely subject to the terms of that release, but no further.

More than once I’ve seen new members here show up with an avatar featuring an image of posted by someone of himself who is already a member here. Not only does this instantly tell you something about the new member (he’s a douche), but it’s a violation of the other member’s copyright. Whether the other member considers it a compliment is immaterial.

Remember - for sites that allow crawlers, you can often find past content on the Wayback Machine.

• Upvote 1