"You are only allowed to send 0 messages per day"

Guest Az921

Hey guys, absolutely loving the forum and community. And I am very excited to meet and connect with you all ( bottom and vers brothers and the raw TOPS 😛

Yesterday through I got this message after posting enthusiastically around the platform. 

"You have reached the maximum number of posts you can make per day."

I suppose that is coz I only started to get active here recently

How do I bring the amount of forum action up or is there a way that I can improve my status? 

Edited by BBareguy84
  • Upvote 1

• Moderators

Moderator's Note: As you continue to make posts, get likes/upvotes on posts, and make comments on posts, you are working towards being promoted from New Member. Your ability to make more post, upvote posts, and send private messages will unlock in this process. 

• Upvote 1

Guest WelshBBCigarFuck

I’m a Junior member, on some profiles I can leave a public message but never seen an option to send a private message and some users I can’t message at all.

23 hours ago, Rick4pleasures said:

when will I be able to send messages to other members! How will I ever be able connect & hookup for a deep breeding I can talk to them.

Rick

Read this thread again.

There has been a problem with "newly created" members spamming others via the private message system. As a result, new members are blocked from sending private messages to other members until they have posted an undisclosed number of messages in the public forums, thus proving they're here to participate in the community.

Bear in mind this is *primarily* a discussion board, not a hookup app. There is a section for personal ads (farther down the list of forums) sorted by geographic location. But it's not intended by its developer/owner/manager to be a Grindr for barebackers.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, WelshBBCigarFuck said:

I’m a Junior member, on some profiles I can leave a public message but never seen an option to send a private message and some users I can’t message at all.

You may not yet be at the level that can send messages. And as I understand it, if you can't SEND messages, you also can't RECEIVE messages; when you get access to one you get access to both.

Once you are, if you pull up a member's profile, you'll see a link to the right of the "Follow member" button that allows you to message that member.

Guest WelshBBCigarFuck
1 hour ago, BootmanLA said:

You may not yet be at the level that can send messages. And as I understand it, if you can't SEND messages, you also can't RECEIVE messages; when you get access to one you get access to both.

Once you are, if you pull up a member's profile, you'll see a link to the right of the "Follow member" button that allows you to message that member.

Thanks for the information, I guess it’s just a case of continued participation, would be good to know what the various membership tier levels are though.

3 minutes ago, WelshBBCigarFuck said:

Thanks for the information, I guess it’s just a case of continued participation, would be good to know what the various membership tier levels are though.

I found it a bit irksome, at first. But, do you know, I’ve come to realise it really works well on this site. I think it’s why this site is so friendly compared with others. 

28 minutes ago, WelshBBCigarFuck said:

The main reason it's not disclosed in detail is to keep spammers from gaming the system. If they knew, for instance, that having a minimum of 40 posts spread over at least 10 topics in at least three different forums would do the trick, they'd be setting up accounts and almost immediately jail-breaking them.

Not knowing the # of posts, # of threads/topics, # of forums, or period of time over which the posts must be spread is really more of a security feature than anything else. 

• Like 1

Guest WelshBBCigarFuck
17 minutes ago, BootmanLA said:

The main reason it's not disclosed in detail is to keep spammers from gaming the system. If they knew, for instance, that having a minimum of 40 posts spread over at least 10 topics in at least three different forums would do the trick, they'd be setting up accounts and almost immediately jail-breaking them.

Not knowing the # of posts, # of threads/topics, # of forums, or period of time over which the posts must be spread is really more of a security feature than anything else. 

Yeah I suppose that is understandable, but I guess it does kind of limit those of us who aren’t prolific posters or who don’t post on certain subjects.

• Moderators
On 10/21/2020 at 10:37 PM, evilalex said:

Lordt, I've been around since before the site existed. Back when there was the old bug chasing/ gift giving forum, I can't remember what it was called. 

I think you probably are thinking of the old Bugshare forum. That was the big one that was dying right before this site began. 

Btw the RECEIVING part is incorrect. I received messages from day 1 (only joined late November), and could reply on their page with a public message

10 hours ago, WelshBBCigarFuck said:

18 hours ago, BBareguy84 said:

Btw the RECEIVING part is incorrect. I received messages from day 1 (only joined late November), and could reply on their page with a public message

Thanks for clarifying that. I had looked up the profiles of a few relatively new members (just to see if I could send to them) and none of them had "Send Message" as an option on their profiles. Not sure what that's due to, in their cases.

I'm wondering, though: is it possible that on your first day, someone posted a message on your page, and you got a notification of that via the message system? I'll be the first to acknowledge I don't know all the details of how the site works. 

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.