"You are only allowed to send 0 messages per day"

Guest Az921

• Moderators

Moderator's Note: Please do not post if you cannot maintain a civil tone and/or refrain from personal attacks/insulting characterizations of other posters. If someone is personally annoying to you to the point that you cannot contain yourself, let me recommend this thread (pinned 3 messages below this one as of this posting). 
[think before following links] https://breeding.zone/topic/47372-blocking-and-ignoring-users/

If you cannot abide how we run things on this site, let me encourage you to consider the rest of the Internet. There are a lot of sites out there; maybe one will suit you better. If you do like it here and make a reasonable effort to engage within the restrictions, you will soon find yourself free of them. 

Also at this point, we are about 200 posts into this discussion. Before you pop out with your hot take on the debate, make sure you have read every one of them because chances are you are about to rehash something that was talked about several pages back; that's just common courtesy for participating in a forum. 

• Like 3

• Moderators
3 hours ago, Kubby said:

At what rank you can start sending messages? I am a Participant, and still nothing!

Moderator's Note: If you look right below your avatar photo, it says "New Member." When that changes, you will be able to send messages. 

You joined less than a month ago. In that time, you have made 18 posts. That's roughly one every other day. You will need to participate more than that and longer than that. 

• Moderators
3 hours ago, scudder123 said:

Why am I only allowed to send -0- messages per day? Thanks

Moderator's Note: If you have bothered to read the thread before posting in it, you would have found the answer in the second post in the thread. 

I know that sounds bitchy, but for anyone who does not know this, the standard etiquette for participating in a forum is that you read a thread before posting in it. Especially, a thread that has been pinned to the top of the forum; it's there because it contains useful information. I get that you didn't want to read all of the posts because there are several hundred, but scanning the first page to make sure your question wasn't answered at the beginning of the discussion and the last page to make sure you aren't posting the same thing someone else posted 2 days ago is a good practice to adopt. 

I have been a member for almost 10 years so don't know what the current practice is. But why not send an automatic Welcome mail to anyone who signs up to be a member outlining the rules of the site and also explain how the systems works in terms of messages etc? 

That should prevent a lot of messages and questions?

• Like 1

• Moderators
2 hours ago, stpetebottompig said:

Don't understand why I can't send. Been a member for about 10 years

Moderator's Note: Again, this was explained on the first page of the thread. 

You have been a member for 11 years, but in that time you have made 8 posts. The membership categories - New Member, Junior Member, Member, Senior Member - are based on the amount of activity and contribution you have made to the forum not how long you have been a member. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators
5 hours ago, gayplace said:

Hi, I believe I've been a "new member" for quite a while but still not allowed more than 0 messages .....

To repeat what has already been said numerous times in this topic...

It's not a matter of time, it's a matter of content. To advance your membership (from New -> Junior -> Member...) you have to post in the Forums. You advance faster if you post things that people respond to favorably.

You have made a total of 9 posts, and only 2 of them have had any original content (the rest were all comments on other people's posts). It takes considerably more than that to advance to Junior member. @rawTOP does not disclose the details of how the algorithm works, for reasons discussed earlier in this topic.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.