"You are only allowed to send 0 messages per day"

Guest Az921

8 hours ago, viking8x6 said:

You have achieved a new member level and will have acquired additional privileges... more messages and reactions per day, for example. Yes, it's a good thing! Only @rawTOP knows the details of how it works, but it's generally by posting good content and participating constructively in the forum. Congrats!

I'm merging your post with the thread about "0 reactions per day" because there's a lot of discussion of this same question there. Folks who are reading that thread: do what this guy is doing! I will note that he achieved Senior Member status (the highest there is) in a little over 2 years with just over 400 posts.

Thank you, sir

53 minutes ago, dakbst said:

confused me, because ive been on here for a while. i think for for years now. I dont know what to do

You joined in May, 2016. You made one post in 2017. You made your second post in September of this year, and the post I'm quoting and replying to is only your third.

You may have been a member for a long time, but you have not been an active member yet at all. Just creating an account here and doing nothing does absolutely zero to advance your privileges on the site - otherwise, spammers and the like could simply sign up and wait until the clock chimes enough, and then wreak havoc.

You've had over six years to read the rules of the site and how to gain more privileges. If you haven't grasped it by now.....

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Strangely, I have never encountered anything like this with any other website. When the accounts are determined to be spammers, deleting the account should delete all emails sent by them. Doesn’t that make sense? So why bother limiting new members when you can simply cancel the account and all emails they sent will also be deleted? Does it happen that way?

11 hours ago, bbbuddy4u said:

Strangely, I have never encountered anything like this with any other website. When the accounts are determined to be spammers, deleting the account should delete all emails sent by them. Doesn’t that make sense? So why bother limiting new members when you can simply cancel the account and all emails they sent will also be deleted? Does it happen that way?

Because the owner here wants to provide a better environment for his proven, trusted users than most other sites do?

Because the owner here prioritizes the experience of his proven, trusted users over newbies who frequently don't understand the rules?

I could go on, but the point ought to be clear to anyone who's actually spent any time on this site: the problem postings, the ones that cause the most disruption, are by new members. The members who have the most problem obeying the site's rules are new members. The better question would be, why don't more sites, especially those with content that requires close attention to detail (to make sure it stays within legal guidelines, use a process like this for screening members until they've proven themselves?

• Like 1

I’m reaching out  because I cannot log into the chat room . I keep getting an error response . Invalid username   . I logged out and logged back in but I still cannot log into chat room 

• 4 weeks later...
  • rawTOP unpinned this topic
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.