Question for sluts - how do you separate fantasy from reality?

backdoorjimmy

6 hours ago, BootmanLA said:

I'll add this: You say right now, if you keep living like you're poor, you can hold out for a good while on your inheritance.

What happens when you can't keep living like you're poor?

What happens when a drunk driver runs a red light and totals your car, so working on it isn't an option? What if you're hurt in that accident and can't do anything for yourself - and you've got thousands in medical bills that your insurance doesn't cover?

What if you decide to whore it up, and one of your escapades brings Covid into your life - for you, your partner, your mom, whomever? You could easily end up having thrown over your job for sex and then be unable to have that sex for weeks or months.

What happens if something happens to your mom and not only does she need to live with you, but she needs close care for six months - say, she gets COVID and it's a bad case?

And on and on - the point being that forgoing work may not actually work out the way you think it will, financially speaking, so you need a very detailed plan.

I'd start with accepting that you need a new job that you don't hate. You don't have to find it right away - and you don't necessarily have to keep working while you look - but bear in mind that thanks to COVID the unemployment rate is through the roof and returning to work, or moving on to another job, may not be so easy. So let's say you decide you're going to quit your job and take 3 months (or whatever) off to slut around. Commit to yourself, at least, that when that period is up, you start looking immediately for a job, and you stay on top of it until you find something. Don't make the mistake of thinking "Well, I can stop looking for a few weeks and take another break", because at some point, you're going to find yourself burning through your reserves faster than you planned. And the worst thing - as you no doubt realize, based on your comments - would be to end up with no savings, a house you have to maintain, no job, and a hole in your resume that makes it very difficult to get another one.

Sex is great. But it's not worth trashing your entire life over. While there's no guarantee that would happen, you need to at least have contingency plans for aborting the fun and getting back to it, if need be. 

Well said 

Such great comments here -- I like to fantasize about weeks and months when I'd not work and be used as a cum rag for any and all tops -- maybe spend a year or two traveling the world for sex-cations....but in actuality I love my work. It provides purpose and structure and meaning well beyond the financial enumeration. I know that I'd actually grow bored of 24/7 play, so I think I enjoy the extended play times more because they are not always available. Sort of like we know love because we've experienced absence of it and the like.... I can't always indulge in debauchery, so I really soak up the times I can!

• Like 1

I'll add to this. Lots of great points. 

IMO, if you are 21 and can bear a financial risk should the worst happen, now is the best time to live your life to the fullest, especially if your heart is in it. I did the same when I packed up everything in my car and moved out to cali from the Midwest. Best decision I ever made, and better yet I ended up BETTER than where I was before, even if where I was before was a safe bet.

That said, I had safety nets. I had no real debt, and could move back in with dad if my experiement failed. But I think you'll find that those who take risks and chase opportunity tend to find themselves a little bit luckier than the rest.

All that said... COVID might not be the best time to do this. Were entering a recession that will make 08 look like a cakewalk. Now is not the time to be hard to employ. Not to mention the health nightmare.

Keep being a good bitch to your BF in the mean time. And there's plenty of years left to take risks. I did my big risky move when I was 25. Make sure you're in a pretty good place these next couple of years, then consider a long furlough. But just because you wait a little doesn't mean you have to give up being a slut now, just maybe not a full time one. When things settle down with covid, you should take a sexcation. People are going to want to fuck, hard.

• Like 1

On 10/30/2020 at 10:41 AM, RandyCubby said:

Financially, I have to have a job. And as much as I love gloryholes, I like my job. 

I have been fortunate to act out many fantasies. A good example is double penetratration. It seems like it would be a lot of fun but for me it was not comfortable and seemes like a waste of time. Lol. I would just prefer they fist me.  If I still had a fantasy that I wanted to act on I would not obsess over it. Sometimes the reality is a let down.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I don't know if I have any advice but, if I had your problem, getting used to it and sex not being as good if you got it all the time, would be the least of my worries.  I have never had an endless stream of guys waiting to continually fuck me but, I am in my third long term fuckbuddy relationship and I get fucked a lot and often.  There is nothing like the first time, especially the first time taking a load bareback, but I'm always just as horny and every time is as good as ever!

Edited by Rick19421942
I somehow posted before I had finished my comment

I would add just one element to your consideration. Even if you do manage to wrangle a situation where you’re financially stable enough to take the time for a Year Of Debauchery, and know that you’ll come out the other end if it still with enough means to slide back into normal life, that whole plan assumes that the year in question is all one smooth ride.

Except: Actions have Consequences.

What you’re contemplating is a year full of risk, at the end of which, in spite of caution, you could find yourself facing a future you hadn’t planned on - a future with HIV, for instance, which would reshape your future in ways you can’t imagine. Or, if you party, a drug addiction that you could end up fighting for decades.

Not trying to discourage you at all, just suggesting that there is more to the decision than the way your question puts it. Reality is in the details, and that’s where it bites you. Fantasy seldom pays attention to details, and that’s how you tell the difference.