Hooking up with a coworker

Guest Upstateguy518

Guest Upstateguy518

Has anyone ever done it and if so, what happened after the fact? An openly gay guy I work with was very...forward with me at work recently and is clearly looking for some action. Just wondering if I should go after him or not. 

Go for it! Few years ago I was working on site as an apprentice first-fix joiner. The site foreman called me over to explain my next job. He was stand-in really close to me and he was a big beefy daddy - exactly my type. We was wearing old grungy sweats and I could see the outline his cock. I took a chance and "accidentally" brushed my hand over his bulge. that's all it took. Next thing I felt his big hand squeezing my ass. He told me to follow him and he led me into the store room and made me suck him off. I had to wipe his sperm off my face before going back to work. We fucked regularly after that - so yes, go after him.

• Like 4

I’m very discreet at work and made it a rule not to hook up with anyone, however to put it simply I was tricked by a co worker into chatting with him online, then after a while we finally swapped pics. He was pretty sure it was me but I had no clue who he was until the reveal. I was pretty angry about it as I felt the only reason he was chatting with me was to catch me. I know this is not strictly in line with your question, but it got it off my chest! ha ha

I have head to three coworkers in my time. Two I didn't know until after the fact. The third was planned. My general rule is it's a bad idea to mess with co-workers. Definitely don't do it if one of you are in a supervisory position. 

Sex is great but not worth endangering one's job. 

• Like 1

Nothing wrong with it, but as many have already stated, don't risk the job if that would put it in danger.  One time many years ago, I went to one of my favorite baths and happened to run into a fellow co-worker, we did not exchange anything other than glances and some embarrassment at first, but I'm sure he was one of the guys that ended up fucking me that day while in the dark room, as I could tell by some of the sounds he was making.  Nothing ever came of, or was ever said at work later on though.

One of my coworkers had a crush on me and made sure I knew it. One day he asked me "if you were single, would you date me?".  I wasn't into him at all, so I let him down easy saying I didn't know.  Fast forward a couple of months and I broke up with my boyfriend.  He didn't cheat on me, but it was an ugly breakup.  I promptly texted that coworker and told him he could come over and fuck me if he wanted to.  He wasn't hideous, but I certainly wasn't attracted to him.  It was purely "revenge sex".  I only had safe sex except boyfriends back in those days, but I let him do me bareback and cum inside me as if that was getting back at my boyfriend somehow.  He knew why I wanted him to fuck me, and I reminded him the next Monday that it was a one-time thing.

I'll repeat some of the advice already given and add my own spin:

1. Find out what your employer's policy is. 

2. If you have any supervisory or managerial responsibilities, the answer is NO SEX. You can buy yourself and your employer a boatload of hurt because obviously, the other person [let's call him D] can make a sexual harassment claim. It won't matter very much if D initiated the contact: D can say there was implicit coercion because of your position in the company even if you have no direct supervisory responsibility over him.

3. In your initial post, you don't mention anything about any possible boyfriends, etc. D might have. Don't underestimate the chance that someone who knows D will get mad as hell at the fact that D and you frolicked. I offer two examples that occurred at my office (we had about 100 attorneys and 100 support staff, and I was a senior attorney). --- Two attorneys, S (man) and P (woman), had been having an affair for some time. S had told his wife, A, a paralegal in our office, that the affair had ended. Alas, it flared up again. Unfortunately, A found out that S and P were at it again. A's screaming at the two of them went on for about 15 minutes, and A took a few jabs at P. About 3 months later, P was transferred to one of our other offices (about 100 miles away), and the general consensus was that P had climbed the promotional ladder as far as she was ever going (in fact, I flat out rejected her request 2 years later to transfer to my section). --- The other incident was downright scary. A senior administrator (R) and an attorney (J who had been there 20 years) began an affair. J's husband, an attorney who worked for a different firm, found out about the affair. Husband came to our office one morning to visit J. He did more than just bring coffee and donuts; instead he brought 20 minutes of chaos. Husband began arguing with J, eventually helping her along to the office of R (which was on a different floor). More argument ensued in R's office and the hallway, and punches started to be thrown. At that point, a couple of retired police detectives who worked in the office stepped in to restore order; Husband wasn't a 98 pound weakling, and it took the detectives a couple of minutes to get Husband under control. (Look at the clock on your smartphone for 2 minutes -- two minutes that morning seemed like two years.) J left the office about 3 months later. --- Unless you're pretty good at karate or judo, you can be signing yourself up for some serious bruising at the hands of a pissed off relative, friend, whoever who is just mad as hell that you and D played.

4. You don't say how many people work with you. If D becomes distant after the two of you play, it's going to be noticeable if you guys work for a small company (let's say under 100 people). If your employer has a workforce of 1000, that might be less of a problem, especially if the two of you are in separate sections or divisions.

5. I've rattled on enough about this. Whatever you do, be careful....

• Upvote 3

To everything ejaculate said above, I'll add this:

Say the supervisory positions are reversed - you're the worker, and the guy you're interested in is the supervisor. If you have sex with him, and word gets out, there can be just as much hurt for both of you. He'll be in trouble for sex with a subordinate (which is an HR nightmare) and everyone will look at everything you accomplished with the lens of "Oh, he slept with the supervisor, that's why he's gotten x tasks or y promotion or whatever". 

HR policies vary from company to company regarding non-supervisory people having "personal relationships" (whether it's dating, engagement, marriage, or just fucking). Perhaps perversely, the larger the company, the more likely it is to have formal policies governing such relationships even though the larger size makes it easier for the parties involved to be kept separate. On the flip side, really small family owned companies are notorious (or at least, used to be) for junior executives dating the boss's daughter so that the business could stay "in the family". 

My general advice: unless you're desperate for one more cock (or ass), it's almost certainly more trouble than it's worth. 

• Like 1

Guest Upstateguy518

We are both on the same level of employment so there would be no conflict of interest there thankfully. The first real conversation we had together he was very much fishing for information about me: If I was dating, my sexual preference, so on. When I told him I was open to playing with men, It was like something triggered inside him. He pretty much begged for my social media info, Is constantly calling for me at work in order to get my attention. He very much wants it and I definitely want to give it to him. I just have to let him know that any fun shouldn't interfere with work.

10 minutes ago, Upstateguy518 said:

Is constantly calling for me at work in order to get my attention. 

That's the part that would worry me. Eager is one thing, but constant calls - AT WORK, when you're both supposed to be working - is a huge red flag to me. What happens if you have sex once, he loves it, wants it regularly, and you're not interested in dating? A guy who calls that regularly while you're both working sounds like stalker material. So I'd be VERY clear - spell out in writing, if need be - if all you're interested in is casual sex, and make it clear to him upfront if you're not the sort to go for repeats. Normally, that last isn't necessary since most people understand sex once is not automatically a promise of anything else, but I'm not sure, based on what you're saying, that this guy thinks that way. If he does, great. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I get the whole thing about having an attractive gay co-worker and fantasizing about the sex. When we are in heat, however, we tend to only think about the positives of hooking up. Before you do, run a set of scenarios in your head where things go left. The sex is bad. You catch or transmit a STD. He (or you) gets clingy. One of you makes it awkward at work by spreading gossip. What if he (or you) end up sleeping with someone you both know and that starts a squabble? Don't overlook the fact that colleagues are observing you - more than you think. They are watching how you interact. Suddenly your respective managers are told about it. HR gets involved. Geez. A famous comedian once said a fuck is just 50 pumps. Are you prepared to deal with a lot of unnecessary aggravation for 50 pumps? If so, fuck him. If not, fuck somebody else.

• Like 1

Guest beardedbastard
10 hours ago, Upstateguy518 said:

We are both on the same level of employment so there would be no conflict of interest there thankfully. The first real conversation we had together he was very much fishing for information about me: If I was dating, my sexual preference, so on. When I told him I was open to playing with men, It was like something triggered inside him. He pretty much begged for my social media info, Is constantly calling for me at work in order to get my attention. He very much wants it and I definitely want to give it to him. I just have to let him know that any fun shouldn't interfere with work.

He’s clingy. Stay away. Though, you might already have an emotionally immature queen on your hands. Don’t even stay in the same room alone with this guy. The flattery is great but certainly not worth the nightmare that’s sure to follow.