Thrombosed hemorrhoids - open discussion and questions (might get a bit disgusting sorry)

Hello everyone,

I've been having massive struggles with douching properly as you can see in another topic I started. And now I got a new problem. I don't know if the 1 hour long douches I give myself at least 3 times a week have caused this, as some other topic has a poll that shows many take even longer with douching. But anyway, there we go, I have a thrombosed hemorrhoid now. Doctor said it can take 6 weeks to disappear completely, if it does. If not banding, etc.

I had a funny stomach for a few days. I don't know if that was also caused by douching or not. But then a day after my last douche, I had a diarrhea attack, after which I discovered I had a thrombosed hemorrhoid. No bleeding. Mild pain, and a lump.

I'm sure many people here must have experienced thrombosed hemorrhoids. Looks like it's a common thing. What I want to know is has anyone experienced this only once and let it heal without surgery and then it NEVER came back? Because my fear is having a life as bottom where I'm already paranoid about cleanliness and my douching, and now also the fear of hemorrhoids recurring.

What do you think caused it for you?
How long did it last?
What did you use as treatment/medication?
Did you end up getting surgery?
Did it come back? If it did, how long after? And was it again the same cause?
Also: did you tell your regular partners why you can't have anal sex? I'm very embarrassed about telling tops why they can't fuck me. I feel like this would put them off me forever. Is that stupid?

Looking forward to hearing everyone's experience with this ordeal.

Hello! I had a lump in my anus 2 months ago after a fist session, it was hemorrhoids... in my case, i solve it within 5 days using Proctyl all the time! i also discovered this cream is nice to get rid of bad odor and can be used to cure fissures too!! 😄 the lump went away but sometimes it swells if i fuck too hard, but nothing serious

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I had it really bad a few years back, it lasted a few months and was so painful. Eventually cleared it up with a lot of haemorrhoid cream and the bullets you insert inside. 

It has come back in a very minor way twice, both times where I rushed to 'get ready' and didn't take my time easing myself open and cleaning out. But both times it was minor and sorted in a few days with those internal bullets. Spotting it before it gets worse seems to be key. 

As for telling regulars I was honest about it with my few regulars when it was bad the first time but didn't give details. One guy said 'i don't mind' and pestered to meet and I lost my cool with him that I minded cos it hurt like hell and wouldn't stop bleeding. 

I had that problem and it’s really unpleasant…

First: stop douching, cream regularly and eat fibre.

Lots of water and exercise.  That is what your doctor is going to tell you.

The more you play there, the longer is going to take to come back to service…

Less coffee, spice food, alcohol…

Don’t put funny crazy homemade stuff from the web.

Time is important. Even race car need maintenance…

• Upvote 3

• Moderators

Straining to take a shit or sitting on the toilet seat too long can cause hemorrhoids. I don't think douching in and of itself can. 

I get hemorrhoids occasionally. They generally go away within a few days. I find that Preparation H works really well on them. 

I did have one so bad it needed surgery once as a result of a clumsy top who wouldn't listen when I told him he was hurting me. The recovery was amazingly painful. It was several months before I could enjoy getting fucked again.  

Guest VBchaser

The first and only person I’ve allowed to fuck me used lube the first time; however, he did not use any lube the second time and it was so painful, I had difficulties sitting/shitting for over 2 months. It also resulted in a massive hemorrhoid that when it flared up, it would take 2 weeks of treatment to calm it down. I’m eating healthy now (plenty of fiber), drinking 1.5 gallons of water per day and it seems to help along with Preparation H. 

I used to have this problem.  A bad case of diarrhea and I’d be SOL.  Most likely, it meant a hemorrhoid.  Half the time I’d develop a thrombosis which would take 2 months to go away.  Twice, the hemorrhoids tore with the huge blood clot going everywhere.  I hear you brother...this fucking sucks. 

For me, I had a series of banding that totally worked.  Removing potential internal hemorrhoids reduces the chances and severity of external hemorrhoids. Also, there has been huge improvements in banding with the CRH O’Regan system.  When I first consented banding in 2013, I was told it would require 3 complex procedures.  In 2018, I went to a different doc trained in the newer system.  No anesthesia, no pre-op prep, totally non-surgical, super fast (literally 3 in-office visit that took less than 5 minimum appointments - my first appointment, which I though was just an intake to discuss options, resulted in my first banding), and an easy recovery time.  

I’m going on over 2 years without a hemorrhoid, and I used to get a couple every year. Try the banding - worst case it wouldn’t help. It had been a life changer for me.  Just make sure the doc is trained in the CRH O’Regan system because, while super simple, it is a new technology. 

Everything @renovers82 said, and a couple of things to add: The banding system renovers82 mentioned is the same used by my gastroenterologist, and I'm quite willing to guess that it's the standard procedure. (In fact, banding is the most effective option for most internal hemorrhoids.) If there are several hemorrhoids, the practice is to band only one at a time in order to reduce the chance of inflammation. After each banding (I had 3), I waited for 3 weeks out of an abundance of caution before I resumed playing. And after it's done, you'll wonder why you waited so long to have the thing treated.

I got a decent ointment from a doctor. Think its was a beta blocker he said usually for fisures but in totally resolved them for me. 

After a little research a beta blocker ointment cases vasodilation and increased blood flow to your and from ring piece. That and fibre diet and with poppers I still like a tongue or oiled finger or two. 

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks everyone for responses.

As it usually happens to me, don't know why, my experience is very different from what I hear from others, which is very frustrating. It has been a month today, and I still have this.
As I am in the UK, the health system is rubbish. The GP was very dismissive of it, just said it would go by itself, "give it 6 weeks". Didn't even recommend any medication or ointments or anything. I bought stuff myself, with my own research. None of it made a difference. Getting it banded privately is at least £700. I'm sure they would also find some extra costs on top of this. I can't afford it. All my sex life has stopped completely at this point, and I'm depressed.

Edited by subpig00

Something you can try that may give you some relief is to slide a dildo in your ass. I know it sounds counter-intuitive but here's my logic. Hemorrhoids form when blood vessels are forced through or around the sphincter wall then getting trapped. What you need to do is relax and expand the sphincter so the vessels can begin to contract and return to their original location. If you insert a small dildo, you can sometimes relax and ease the pressure on the hemorrhoid. If you want to try it, lay on your back or side, use lots of lube, and go show. Insert a small dildo then relax and lay still with it inside you for 15 to 30 minute. And here's the hard part -- just lay still. Don't fuck yourself with the dildo -- you're not trying to get off -- you merely want to dilate the sphincter.  When the time is up, let the dildo slide out then gently push the hemorrhoid back inside. It will most likely pop back out and that's OK. Over time it will start to shrink and return to where it belongs. Use the dildo every day for a week. If it works for you, pain should start to ease in a day or two, and by the end of the week the hemorrhoid should be smaller. To keep it from coming back and prevent others from forming, be sure you are getting enough fiber and water in your diet and avoid any straining when moving your bowels.

34 minutes ago, funpozbottom said:

Something you can try that may give you some relief is to slide a dildo in your ass. I know it sounds counter-intuitive but here's my logic. Hemorrhoids form when blood vessels are forced through or around the sphincter wall then getting trapped. What you need to do is relax and expand the sphincter so the vessels can begin to contract and return to their original location. If you insert a small dildo, you can sometimes relax and ease the pressure on the hemorrhoid. If you want to try it, lay on your back or side, use lots of lube, and go show. Insert a small dildo then relax and lay still with it inside you for 15 to 30 minute. And here's the hard part -- just lay still. Don't fuck yourself with the dildo -- you're not trying to get off -- you merely want to dilate the sphincter.  When the time is up, let the dildo slide out then gently push the hemorrhoid back inside. It will most likely pop back out and that's OK. Over time it will start to shrink and return to where it belongs. Use the dildo every day for a week. If it works for you, pain should start to ease in a day or two, and by the end of the week the hemorrhoid should be smaller. To keep it from coming back and prevent others from forming, be sure you are getting enough fiber and water in your diet and avoid any straining when moving your bowels.

Oh, I have one those piles which causes no pain, and no blood. Just a lump, a sack of blood clot there. It was a small thinh to begin with, so it amazes me how it's still there. It has shrunk, I think. But still far from gone. Honestly it is so minor that it annoys me it acts all big and important and resist going back.

Doctor said any kind of play would make it worse. So, I don't know if I can follow the dildo advice, sorry 😕

Generally my biggest fears are: 1: what if it doesn't go away completely and I need surgery, which would hit me terribly financially, emotionally and sexually. 2: Even though I don't strain when shitting, douching is all about pushing water out and straining. And I'm scared it may come back and become a regular thing. 2 months of no sex is too much for a slut. Just a few days before this I was walking around in my room, strangers' cum dripping off my hole at random times.

21 hours ago, subpig00 said:

Oh, I have one those piles which causes no pain, and no blood. Just a lump, a sack of blood clot there. It was a small thinh to begin with, so it amazes me how it's still there. It has shrunk, I think. But still far from gone. Honestly it is so minor that it annoys me it acts all big and important and resist going back.

Doctor said any kind of play would make it worse. So, I don't know if I can follow the dildo advice, sorry 😕

Generally my biggest fears are: 1: what if it doesn't go away completely and I need surgery, which would hit me terribly financially, emotionally and sexually. 2: Even though I don't strain when shitting, douching is all about pushing water out and straining. And I'm scared it may come back and become a regular thing. 2 months of no sex is too much for a slut. Just a few days before this I was walking around in my room, strangers' cum dripping off my hole at random times.

If it's not getting bigger and not causing pain, that might explains why your doc didn't refer you for treatment. For most people it probably wouldn't be a concern but it is for you because you want sex.

So the bad news is that once you have a hemorrhoid you will always be at risk of developing more. Even if you have it removed, new ones can develop if you continue to put pressure on the area. That doesn't mean you can't have sex -- it simply means you need to focus more on relaxation. Just my opinion but you shouldn't have to strain that hard to douche. You're not trying to prolapse the rectum -- you want to relax the sphincter and apply gentle pressure using your abs to push the water out. Let gravity do the work of emptying your hole. .

My chiropractor solved the problem, with a tip from a professor passed on with a wink. Shit worked well, I was good to go in three days. 

Too much enema stuff can easily cause and aggravate hemorrhoids. Dry anal; using too much size, force or friction can cause and aggravate them as well. Dietary problems and GI problems can lead to them as well.

The key here is a proper for you balanced diet including proper hydration to promote regularity. Combined with regular exercise your body will process food far more efficiently and you'll be less gassy and more consistent in the toilet. It shouldn't take you an hour to get douched out. 

On 12/11/2020 at 8:45 PM, funpozbottom said:

If it's not getting bigger and not causing pain, that might explains why your doc didn't refer you for treatment. For most people it probably wouldn't be a concern but it is for you because you want sex.

So the bad news is that once you have a hemorrhoid you will always be at risk of developing more. Even if you have it removed, new ones can develop if you continue to put pressure on the area. That doesn't mean you can't have sex -- it simply means you need to focus more on relaxation. Just my opinion but you shouldn't have to strain that hard to douche. You're not trying to prolapse the rectum -- you want to relax the sphincter and apply gentle pressure using your abs to push the water out. Let gravity do the work of emptying your hole. .

I told the doctor that I am gay and do anal sex. The thing showed up after a diarrhea attack, so I hope that that was the problem and not douching.

On 12/13/2020 at 9:06 AM, Klystraboi said:

My chiropractor solved the problem, with a tip from a professor passed on with a wink. Shit worked well, I was good to go in three days. 

Too much enema stuff can easily cause and aggravate hemorrhoids. Dry anal; using too much size, force or friction can cause and aggravate them as well. Dietary problems and GI problems can lead to them as well.

The key here is a proper for you balanced diet including proper hydration to promote regularity. Combined with regular exercise your body will process food far more efficiently and you'll be less gassy and more consistent in the toilet. It shouldn't take you an hour to get douched out. 

Yes, that's a problem I've been dealing with for nearly a year now, under another topic. It just takes an hour. For many it's even longer. Some say an hour is normal, some say it's too much. The fact is I can't do shorter, just unable to. When I meet it's for long hours, sometimes half a day or full day fucking. I have sex very often, and do very rough sex.

It's past 5 weeks now, it has shrunk considerably but still there. Does this mean if it comes back in the future it will take this long again to heal? Can people who had it recur say please if it is just the same thing again every time it comes back? Or the recurrence milder? Also how often does it recur?