Anyone heard of “Passive Tops” ? WTF

Japbtm

So I’ve been on Sniffles and Noticed a lot guys claiming to be “Passive Top”? Which after a few chats help clarify my misconceptions of a top wanting a power bottom to do all the work. 
My understanding is that a top who considers himself passive, means he only likes to be suck. I thought that was an Oral Top? Anyway it’s kind of a bone killer for a bottom to hear that top considers himself passive... Any thoughts? 

Edited by Japbtm
Spelling

Like you said Japbtm I've heard that as an oral top. When you said passive top I thought you were referring to a service top. Tops that are sub and like to be used by a dominant bottom. Pretty much a dildo attached to a life support unit. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, find91 said:

Like you said Japbtm I've heard that as an oral top. When you said passive top I thought you were referring to a service top. Tops that are sub and like to be used by a dominant bottom. Pretty much a dildo attached to a life support unit. 

I'd very much enjoy owning a submissive top and training him to be a breeding service utility.

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

As I understand the term, it broadly means all of the things mentioned above: he's the "insertive" partner, but the receptive one does all the work. Doesn't require a power bottom.

For instance, a passive top may sit back for a blow job and expect the bottom to do ALL the work - the top's not going to grab his head, fuck his face, or even necessarily pay attention to the bottom; the bottom is there to do a job. The top might read a book or enjoy a drink or a cigar or whatever and pay the bottom no mind and just eventually cum from the work the bottom puts into it.

Alternatively, he might lay back, hands behind his head, on a bed and expect a bottom to get him hard and ride his cock until he shoots. No thrusting upward, no pushing the bottom down on his cock, just enjoying the bottom's work.

Obviously that's the far end of a spectrum; some "passive tops" may offer verbal but not physical encouragement, for instance. But the overall concept is, the bottom does the work for the top's pleasure.

• Upvote 2

Sort of throws the old school distinction between 'active' and 'passive' out of the window, doesn't it? 'Active' used to mean top and 'passive' bottom. I would think that a passive top means A) he lies on his back and lets the bottom ride him until he cums or B) he goes for doggy but just lets the bottom fuck himself on his cock until he cums. A passive top requires an active bottom who does all the work I would say.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Confused 1

i know the term as pillow prince. I personally find very hot to be treated like this. Once in a sex club I had bitches working on my feet, armpits and cock and balls all at the same time, 4 or 5 tongues on my body. I was just spreading my legs and sniffing poppers while they did their job.

• Upvote 1

On 11/21/2020 at 9:51 AM, dacoman said:

, then just lies on top dead weight, until climax

hah!  wow.  The fact that there is an urban definition is what's surprising.

Yea, I assume "passive" top needs an "active" / Power(?) bottom that will do all the humpin' & pumpin' ...

• Upvote 1

I’m trying to imagine a Top just lying there and telling me to fuck him to orgasm with my ass, with me doing all the actual movement. That’s never happened to me before. My sense of what makes a Man a Top is his desire to act to get what he wants. “Passive Topping” sounds like “inverse bottoming” to me.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

20 hours ago, ErosWired said:

I’m trying to imagine a Top just lying there and telling me to fuck him to orgasm with my ass, with me doing all the actual movement. That’s never happened to me before. My sense of what makes a Man a Top is his desire to act to get what he wants. “Passive Topping” sounds like “inverse bottoming” to me.

That's because to you, "top" includes, by definition, "dominance". To others, "top" is simply "insertive partner". Not to suggest either is incorrect, per se.

And some "passive tops" are, in fact, acting to get what they want. They're picking a bottom, ordering him to do the necessary work, and getting the low-effort orgasm they desire. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1