Herpes

Hey! Four weeks ago finally (had to come before or later..) infected with herpes in my ass. First outbrake was as expected a real nightmare, hurting as hell! After a week I got some antiviral meds to shorten the lenght of the outbreak, and a few days later it was much better. But still, it feels really different from before, and gut is not working as normal, havent dared to get fucked... Is this normal? Does it take this long to heal? Will it ever feel like before infection? Did also read in here someone mentioning that getting fucked with herpes will change the sensibility forever?

Any experiences with life post-anal herpes?

Yeah. Took about a month for all pain to go away. Don’t have sex meanwhile so you don’t spread it.  Keep some medication at hand in case it comes back. You may have future outbreaks but will be much milder and you will immediately recognize the symptoms and self medicate. They get milder each time. 

• Like 2

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...

On 12/1/2020 at 4:53 AM, shyvers said:

Yeah. Took about a month for all pain to go away. Don’t have sex meanwhile so you don’t spread it.  Keep some medication at hand in case it comes back. You may have future outbreaks but will be much milder and you will immediately recognize the symptoms and self medicate. They get milder each time. 

You can transmit it even if there’s no symptoms no?

On 11/30/2020 at 8:46 AM, gaypigbb said:

Hey! Four weeks ago finally (had to come before or later..) infected with herpes in my ass. First outbrake was as expected a real nightmare, hurting as hell! After a week I got some antiviral meds to shorten the lenght of the outbreak, and a few days later it was much better. But still, it feels really different from before, and gut is not working as normal, havent dared to get fucked... Is this normal? Does it take this long to heal? Will it ever feel like before infection? Did also read in here someone mentioning that getting fucked with herpes will change the sensibility forever?

Any experiences with life post-anal herpes?

Get fucked🍆

• Piggy 1

On 5/14/2022 at 7:12 AM, lj1987 said:

You can transmit it even if there’s no symptoms no?

You are highly contagious  only during flare ups. There is a small chance still at other times but much smaller. 

Herpes infection is highly variable - I have a systematic infection (not sexually transmitted) and take daily prophylactic antivirals to prevent flare ups. I still have occasional flares but they are usually minor (just a cold sore or similar, most of the time.) The antivirals at full dose usually put it down in a few days, but I need to take them for at least a week after that to be sure. It can take up to 6 weeks for the residual pain and other sensations to go away though.

You're usually only infections when there is a detectable sore, but the virus can shed in mucosal membranes (nose, mouth, anal cavity) for a while after the symptoms clear up.

• Like 1

I've been on antivirals for herpes for about two decdes.  Over time I've  been able to cut dozing with no ill effects (at the suggestion of my doc).  I have not had an outbreak in several years now.  But indeed early on, even on antivirals they broke out every few months.