Covid Vaccination, are you?

DarkroomTaker

Just had my first shot and scheduled the second. I work in health care so am lucky enough to have been in the priority lists.  I would recommend everyone to embrace the opportunity when it's offered but I won't argue with anyone who's against it because, in my experience, they have already decided and aren't looking to be convinced; they are just looking for an argument.

It isn't going to be quick but each dose administered will slow this down.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Am neither for or against others view and beliefs, each has to make his or her own decisions and in accordance with what they think is correct for themselves. What pisses me off so much is those stumbling around and making decisions based on just being told it is the right thing to do and without thoroughly doing any studying and finding all the information about the virus and it's origins, etc. Everyone is convinced it originated in CN, but do the research and find out where it actually came from and originated and who is really responsible for it. Many will be totally shocked when the truth finally comes out in the open. Check out :  ([think before following links] https://www.bizpacreview.com) and do a search for Steve Hilton reports and see what you all think about it. Warning though, one thing leads to another and the big picture will become clearer as time goes on !!

I'm sorry that this will piss so many off, but get the big picture of what is really going on with this thing pandemic, for gods sake.

2 hours ago, RawPlug said:

My mum had it last week. As yet, she’s displayed no compulsion to go out and buy Microsoft products, so I guess the foil-hatters’ fears about Bill Gates were unfounded. 

Ah, but have you had to switch her off, wait ten seconds and switch her on again? 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Loveitraw said:

Just had my first shot and scheduled the second. I work in health care so am lucky enough to have been in the priority lists.  I would recommend everyone to embrace the opportunity when it's offered but I won't argue with anyone who's against it because, in my experience, they have already decided and aren't looking to be convinced; they are just looking for an argument.

It isn't going to be quick but each dose administered will slow this down.

Hi, do you have a 12 week gap between the 2nd?

2 hours ago, DarkroomTaker said:

Hi, do you have a 12 week gap between the 2nd?

That's the current scheduling. Sadly can't do anything about that. I think the general idea for the role out is that as many as possible should get the first jab to increase resistance.  The likelihood is that this will need to be a seasonal vaccine like flu.

• Thanks 1

I took it, reluctantly, but I got my first dose. I was really hesitant at first. But the MERS vaccine started phase 1 human trials in April of last year. Both MERS and COVID-19  are coronaviruses, so treatment is pretty much the same. (HIV is a retrovirus- different structure and behavior.) They took the information from the MERS vaccine studies and applied it to Covid-19, thus they were able to bypass the safety timeline normally required. Between the 2 gambles (not taking the vaccine, getting it and possibly dying or long term effects vs taking it and it later does something unexpected in the body) I opted for the science one. The new strains of covid are more contagious but it appears the vaccine is effective on them. Still, it’s early.

Guest Dad4poz

Just had second shot.  It was exactly 21 days between them. Other than sore arm, no side effects.  Pfizer.  Hour total time for first shot but second shot was over 2 hours 45 min.  Still not bad.  Lines in Miami are terribke.  Glad I didn’t have to go there.  Just glad I was able to get it.   Recommend anyone who can should do so, but is totally a personal choice. 

1 hour ago, Dad4son said:

Just had second shot.  It was exactly 21 days between them. Other than sore arm, no side effects.  Pfizer.  Hour total time for first shot but second shot was over 2 hours 45 min.  Still not bad.  Lines in Miami are terribke.  Glad I didn’t have to go there.  Just glad I was able to get it.   Recommend anyone who can should do so, but is totally a personal choice. 

I'm in Lauderdale, had my second shot yesterday.  Similar experience with wait times between #1 & #2.  But tonight I have a slight "fever" tired and a bit achy.  It'll be worth it.   I had the Pfizer as well.