Covid Vaccination, are you?

DarkroomTaker

10 minutes ago, blackrobe said:

I think we're in violent agreement on general probability. I just wanted to ensure US folks knew the data was not there to make any similar transmission prevention claims for the two mRNA based vaccines being distributed in the US, and that any implication that a sex partner who's vaccinated protects you in any way is not founded on data.

Having someone in my family land on the 9% "bad" side of a 91% "good" probability taught me not to ignore even small probabilities.

There is a debate starting over here about vaccine passports - and whether they should be required for everyday life, such as going to the cinema or the pub. I alluded to it flippantly earlier to Andy, but actually it could become a serious debate. Some companies are starting to seriously consider adopting a No Jab-No Job policy. Interesting times ahead. 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, GoingEasy said:

I'm not going to enter the discussion, but I wanted to say that I really appreciate and value you guys and have learned so much from your posts on the site that I hope we can continue to spar with our ideas with no hard feeling taken as it would be a loss otherwise.

No hard feelings at all. In fact, I think we’re actually all on the same page! And thank you. 

• Thanks 1

On 2/21/2021 at 8:07 AM, Qilly55 said:

Still learning about the disease, but made a,vaccine for it...mmmmm

?  

We're still learning about space travel too, but that has not kept science from getting us to the moon. It's likely we'll never know everything about anything, but that does not have to preclude efforts at progress.

• Upvote 2

On 2/21/2021 at 11:07 AM, Qilly55 said:

Still learning about the disease, but made a,vaccine for it...mmmmm

I guess if I don't agree with what most people are saying I should not say my view.  Is that what you think bootman??

• Thanks 2

23 hours ago, Qilly55 said:

I guess if I don't agree with what most people are saying I should not say my view.  Is that what you think bootman??

Don't guess when you're wondering what I think. Odds are not in your favor that you'll be correct. If you want to know what I think about something, ask me to clarify.

1 minute ago, DarkroomTaker said:

17.5 million now vaccinated in UK, sounds positive, maybe a light at end of a dark tunnel. Keep safe everyone.

Yes, but I had a (minor) tantrum last night when I heard Anthony Fauci MD on the radio stating that he didn't think we would remove masks here until December, if that's the case I'm thinking of considering attending ( the outlawed ) conversion therapy b/c there will be no bathouses or sex parties able to survive here , if that's the case.

22 hours ago, GoingEasy said:

Yes, but I had a (minor) tantrum last night when I heard Anthony Fauci MD on the radio stating that he didn't think we would remove masks here until December, if that's the case I'm thinking of considering attending ( the outlawed ) conversion therapy b/c there will be no bathouses or sex parties able to survive here , if that's the case.

I assume that's facetious? Gay people do manage to live quite productive and fruitful lives in places where there are no bathhouses or sex parties and never have been. I'm not suggesting that people need to abandon hope such things will never return, but I guarantee you, nobody's going to die of a lack of bathhouses. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • Moderators

I had my second dose of the Moderna vaccine Friday before lunch. My arm started throbbing within an hour, but ibuprofen took care of that. I woke up achy and fatigued on Saturday; I spent most of the day lying around. It was a little better today. I was able to get some stuff done. Hopefully, I will be up to going into work tomorrow. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

I got my second shot Tuesday. Have medical conditions that move me up the line.

have had Sore joints, fever, headache, nausea Wednesday and today (haven’t been to bed yet). Took off yesterday and today and prob tomorrow. But much better than alternative. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, cheatingjock said:

I got my second shot Tuesday. Have medical conditions that move me up the line.

have had Sore joints, fever, headache, nausea Wednesday and today (haven’t been to bed yet). Took off yesterday and today and prob tomorrow. But much better than alternative. 

Tuesday and today. Headache is making me stupid... 

I've had both Pfizer vaccine shots, the second 4 weeks ago.  Had no qualms about getting it, just the length of time it took to get an appointment.  Based on what I'd heard from many others I was prepared for some side-effects, symptoms after the second but had absolutely none, other than a little bit of soreness in my arm.  Help stop this pandemic and please get vaccinated when you're able to.

• Upvote 1

I had Covid-19 last December and it was not pretty. I very strongly recommend all consider being vaccinated. I’ve just had my second Pfizer shot a couple of days ago, had some symptoms as already described by others here, but believe me, the actual illness is much worst.

• Upvote 1