Covid Vaccination, are you?

DarkroomTaker

Almost all of my friends around me independently of their age got the vaccine or the call to go for it with an exact time. Except me. No call, no vaccine yet. From days they have been vaccinating with extra speed, so I am optimistic. I can’t wait for the vaccine. Only fear is that I got Chinese or Russian vaccine, which isn’t a problem in general but it can be if countries won’t accept it. In Hungary, Pfizer and moderna are given for people under 60, teachers, and people with chronic illnesses. Other people get Astra, Sputnik or Shinopharm. But I won’t refuse any of them.  

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Descartes70817

Count me as a yes. Second shot due in 10 days. After surviving pneumocystis pneumonia my heart and lungs are in no shape to survive even a mild cytokine storm. Apparently having a weak immune system should mean it can't produce much of a storm, but I'm not willing to risk it for no good reason.

Both shots of Moderna.   I was able to get  them sooner than I expected.  Round 1 had some 'awareness' of the injection site---I couldn't even call it pain.  Felt slightly achy (full body) after the second, but it was gone in 24 hours.    

I got my first vaccination on Thursday as well.

Since reading the studies on the Moderna and Pfizer mRNA vaccines I've felt confident in getting one of these two vaccines. 

As it turned out, I was already switching from a 3 day weight lifting split to a 5 day split this week, with all the soreness that new exercises can cause. Friday turned out to be shoulder day and I got my shot after I'd lifted. Ouch.

I was really wiped on Friday evening, and my shoulder was tender the following day, but it faded to nothing by early afternoon. I tend to think a lot of the tiredness was the additional exercises.

After I've got the second shot and waited for it to take full effect, I'm still going to do everything I'm doing now. (mask, social distancing, hard washing, etc.) because the vaccine is about 90% effective, meaning 1 in 10 vaccinated people will still get COVID if they are exposed.

Be smart, close the vaccine protection gap by wearing a mask, social distancing, hand washing, etc.

54 minutes ago, BlackDude said:

Had both of mine with no pain at all. Still gonna play it cautious for now, because I don’t 100% trust anything as far as this Covid thing goes, including the vaccine.

You are right to play it safe! If the best vaccines work as advertised one in ten vaccinated people will still get it unless they are taking all the other precautions to prevent infection and transmission.

Last Wednesday, I got the Pfizer jab (first one). A day later, some pain in the jab area and trouble lifting my left arm. A day of headaches too. On Friday, normal. Next jab in early August - Pfizer as well.

• Like 1

Guest WelshBBCigarFuck

I had my 1st dose of Moderna today, I didn’t want the AstraZeneca jab after the potential blood clot risk, so was quite happy when they said it would be Moderna instead, second dose anywhere between 4 and 12 weeks from now.