Can you add more reaction emotes to the website?

• Administrators

Yes, that is possible. I just need to come up with icons for it (unfortunately the system doesn't accept emoji characters). But first some thought needs to be given to which ones are best and whether any of the existing ones should be deleted just so there's not an overwhelming number of choices.

Right now the options are:

• Like (+1)
  • Thanks (+1)
  • HaHa
  • Confused
  • Upvote (+1)
  • Downvote (-1)

I'm thinking confused should be deleted. And like should be merged in with Upvote.

😈/🐷/🔥

I think horny / piggy / hot would be a good choice. I think this is what you were getting at when you said zucchini (but probably meant eggplant). Eggplant is specifically about dicks. But the question is which of those is best in the widest range of situations?

😡

Angry might be useful, but it will be unclear whether the person reacting is angry at the poster, or shares the poster's anger at something.

😢

You mentioned sad, but I'm not really seeing that as a common reaction on this particular site. What are people's thoughts on that?

What are people's thoughts on this? If I'm going to make changes I want it discussed first to make sure the changes are good ones.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, rawTOP said:

Yes, that is possible. I just need to come up with icons for it (unfortunately the system doesn't accept emoji characters). But first some thought needs to be given to which ones are best and whether any of the existing ones should be deleted just so there's not an overwhelming number of choices.

• Like (+1)
  • Thanks (+1)
  • HaHa
  • Confused
  • Upvote (+1)
  • Downvote (-1)

I'm thinking confused should be deleted. And like should be merged in with Upvote.

😈/🐷/🔥

I think horny / piggy / hot would be a good choice. I think this is what you were getting at when you said zucchini (but probably meant eggplant). Eggplant is specifically about dicks. But the question is which of those is best in the widest range of situations?

😡

Angry might be useful, but it will be unclear whether the person reacting is angry at the poster, or shares the poster's anger at something.

😢

You mentioned sad, but I'm not really seeing that as a common reaction on this particular site. What are people's thoughts on that?

What are people's thoughts on this? If I'm going to make changes I want it discussed first to make sure the changes are good ones.

I love the pig. Id prefer it over the eggplant. I dont think you should remove the confused emote though because it has its place too. Adding a sad emote should definitely be a certainty.

• Like 1

I think pig is very appropriate for obvious reasons.

I would merge like with upvote, yes.

Sad would have its place: it’s mostly horny talk here but we do discuss serious issues and want to express sympathy etc. sometimes.

Angry not so much, in my view. People getting angry at each other is never conducive to anything.

my 2c!

• Like 1

Guest bluecollarotter
7 hours ago, rawTOP said:

• Like (+1)
  • Thanks (+1)
  • HaHa
  • Confused
  • Upvote (+1)
  • Downvote (-1)

😈/🐷/🔥

😡

😢

I would be in favor of merging Like with Upvote

I think that angry would be covered by Downvote......downvote is a bit LESS IN YOUR FACE reaction, Angry might prompt unpleasant exchanges. 

Definitely agree on the horny and pig additions.

Sad might be appropriate, but would be the last of the ones that I would add.  Just think horny and piggy would be good additions.

14 hours ago, rawTOP said:
  • I'm thinking confused should be deleted. And like should be merged in with Upvote.

I understand this rationale, but I (for one) approach these these two differently. I generally use "Like" when I like (ie derive pleasure) from what the person posted. I use "Upvote" to signal agreement or feel something is important to note, even if he's talking about something I dislike. That difference may be too subtle, however, to matter.

Again, I think these are (subtly) different things, though I'm not sure it would matter much. Any of the three would work, broadly speaking, for what most people want to convey.

Agreed. This suffers from the same problem I see in merging "downvote" with "like". 

And none of those perception problems, really, would matter except that some of them are linked to the system that rates membership. 

17 hours ago, rawTOP said:

• Like (+1)
  • Thanks (+1)
  • HaHa
  • Confused
  • Upvote (+1)
  • Downvote (-1)

😈/🐷/🔥

😡

😢

I love the Piggy option. I'd like to keep the confused emoji, I use this sometimes as baffled or not agreeing, depends on my mood.

Love the sad one, especially a few posts thst are sad, I feel sometimes I would like to respond, but cannot.

I would like a throw up emoji for when people still post scat pics in the main gallery.

Angry ones I think would be misconstrude and troublesome, if people are angry then they should make a post.

Do any of the emojis affect your own ratings on here btw.

Thanks for looking into Rawtop.

Edited by DarkroomTaker

• Administrators
6 hours ago, DarkroomTaker said:

I would like a throw up emoji for when people still post scat pics in the main gallery.

Scat is considered legally obscene. It is not tolerated on this site. PLEASE report the image and the person will be banned (for quite a long time).

• Administrators

Just wrapping this up. I've re-enabled 'sad' (it was in there, but disabled). And I added piggy 🐷. Like and upvote can't easily be combined because like can't be disabled and making like upvote would result in a weird UI/UX.

I think that about takes care of it.

• Like 2
  • Piggy 3
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, rawTOP said:

Just wrapping this up. I've re-enabled 'sad' (it was in there, but disabled). And I added piggy 🐷. Like and upvote can't easily be combined because like can't be disabled and making like upvote would result in a weird UI/UX.

I think that about takes care of it.

Love, love, love the piggy.

• Like 1
  • Piggy 2

A shame 'like' and 'upvote' cannot be merged as I agree with the general consensus already expressed, but that one is no big deal.

Confused could lead to the recipient being confused as to why they received confused. Personally I would ditch that. Again, no big deal if it is left as it is. 

As already pointed out sad would certainly have it's place from time to time.

I definitely would not add angry, and I would even get rid of the downvote too; Give zero room/ammo for negativity, for which there is way too much of in this life - It is exhausting! I was raised to understand that if you have not got anything constructive to say, then do not speak. 

That is just my tuppence worth. 

And GREAT to see piggy added to ... OINK! 🐷

• Piggy 1

3 hours ago, 6Demon6Seed6 said:

Out of interest @rawTOP, does the piggy reaction emoji come with a (+1) vote?

Whilst I am here, I would like to give you a big thank you for all the work you do on this wonderful site - Much appreciated. And wishing you a very Merry Christmas. 🎅

+1 on that question. Confused is neutral atm. But what about the sad emoji is that neutral or -1?

3 hours ago, 6Demon6Seed6 said:

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.