Can you add more reaction emotes to the website?

4 hours ago, 6Demon6Seed6 said:

I definitely would not add angry, and I would even get rid of the downvote too; Give zero room/ammo for negativity, for which there is way too much of in this life - It is exhausting! I was raised to understand that if you have not got anything constructive to say, then do not speak. 

Respectfully, I disagree. There are posts that themselves are negative and non-constructive, and I think it *helps* the community for us to be able to express that we reject that nonsense. And as long as the site is allowing the expression of opinions that do not cross the line into harassing specific members, etc., then I think such reactions are critical.

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, 6Demon6Seed6 said:

Out of interest @rawTOP, does the piggy reaction emoji come with a (+1) vote?

Whilst I am here, I would like to give you a big thank you for all the work you do on this wonderful site - Much appreciated. And wishing you a very Merry Christmas. 🎅

I just gave a piggy to a post and it looks like it did (+1) the poster

• Administrators
15 hours ago, BootmanLA said:

Respectfully, I disagree. There are posts that themselves are negative and non-constructive, and I think it *helps* the community for us to be able to express that we reject that nonsense. And as long as the site is allowing the expression of opinions that do not cross the line into harassing specific members, etc., then I think such reactions are critical.

Use downvote in that situation. It has a clearer meaning of disapproval of the post itself, rather than the topic being discussed in the post.

7 hours ago, gaydude44447 said:

I just gave a piggy to a post and it looks like it did (+1) the poster

Correct.

• 3 months later...

I'm starting to think "eyeroll" would be a useful reaction to have available - for the posts that don't *quite* merit a downvote (which has both punitive effect by reducing a member's approval score, and which often inspires retaliatory downvoting) but which inspire the reader to think "Really? Again with this shit?" Not sure how you'd distinguish it visually from the "sad" and "confused" icons (which also both feature faces with big eyes) but something to think about.

• 1 year later...
On 12/21/2020 at 8:20 AM, rawTOP said:

Yes, that is possible. I just need to come up with icons for it (unfortunately the system doesn't accept emoji characters). But first some thought needs to be given to which ones are best and whether any of the existing ones should be deleted just so there's not an overwhelming number of choices.

Right now the options are:

• Like (+1)
  • Thanks (+1)
  • HaHa
  • Confused
  • Upvote (+1)
  • Downvote (-1)

I'm thinking confused should be deleted. And like should be merged in with Upvote.

😈/🐷/🔥

I think horny / piggy / hot would be a good choice. I think this is what you were getting at when you said zucchini (but probably meant eggplant). Eggplant is specifically about dicks. But the question is which of those is best in the widest range of situations?

😡

Angry might be useful, but it will be unclear whether the person reacting is angry at the poster, or shares the poster's anger at something.

😢

You mentioned sad, but I'm not really seeing that as a common reaction on this particular site. What are people's thoughts on that?

What are people's thoughts on this? If I'm going to make changes I want it discussed first to make sure the changes are good ones.

Oh, the fun of being an admin. 

Turn left you're wrong, 

Turn right you're wrong

Do nothing you're wrong

But in the end it can be fun ( something another admin can understand )

Keep up the good work.

• Upvote 1

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.